ISS Facility Services Employee Reviews

Found 218 reviews matching the search See all 4,238 reviews
Great staff but terrible management and training
Aviation Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD9 March 2019
After a long (over 10 yrs) employment with this company, I finally realized what a terrible and unsupportive company I had been working for. It does depend on what site your stationed at, but the underlying problem is that ISS under bid for the renewal or new contracts when they come up, then realize that they need to put in short cuts to make up the losses, and that filters down to the work sites they manage, which in turn makes the workload on the employees that much more harder. They will run the screening points continuously under staff, due to sick leave and uncovered shifts, which makes it a very stressful place to work in. The ongoing training is very baldly handled, and most new training comes out in memo form. There are huge problems with management "favourites" when it comes to promotion as well. The team leaders and floor staff make the screening points run efficiently.......NOT MANAGEMENT. You will receive very little praise for your hard work and dedication, but they will constantly come down on you for the smallest of mistakes. They constantly monitor you and that gives you a feeling of distrust on the behalf of them. The money is very average considering what you have to know and do to be able to become an Aviation Protection Officer. You need to work alot of hrs and have those hours all be at a flexirate, otherwise your base rate of $23.50 just won't cut it. I no longer work for this company due to the absolute lack of support this company gives it's staff, team leaders and supervisors. I am not bitter, and I don't hold a grudge against this company, but believe  more... me, if you are going to spend $1000's of dollars sitting an Aviation Security Course and then buy your licence, boots and go through 40 hrs of training for a minimum wage job where you are treated like just another number, then I would advise you to look into something else. As I said, it does depend on the site. You might be lucky, but your career has to be based not just on if your lucky or not. Everybody who leaves(they have a huge turnover rate), never regrets leaving this company. They might miss the job itself, but never the company. Good luck if you choose to work for this company as an Aviation Protection Officer. It's a great job.....just a woeful company.  less
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Non supportive, terrible management structure
Good work place without any interruptions
Part Time Experienced Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 March 2019
This is a really good job and lots of people try to get a job in this company and also most of the time the management is really helpful for the employees but sometimes not like that. Overall in my opinion ghis is a good job for all age type workers.
Pros
Flexible supervisors
Cons
Some time too much work no enough time.
very good company
SENIOR GUARD AND MANAGEMENT CONTROLLER (Former Employee) –  Lane Cove NSW4 March 2019
very good company
join it for a better future
one of the best companies of my career
very good management
productive
futuristic and best company
to work with very good team of people
Not too bad, could do with improvement.
Cleaner - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Tamworth NSW29 January 2019
Overall and alright company to work for, however management could do with some adjustment. At the time of my employment the communication between management and employees was not the best, seemed as though the only time i heard from my area manager was to complain.
Pros
good pay, good emloyees
Cons
poor management
Extremely hot, Long days, No regularity
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Karratha WA22 January 2019
Whilst working with this company my role was to clean rooms and service them, for all mine personnel. Changing bed linen twice a week, clean shower, toilet areas.
The hardest part of this job was the heat, as I was working in 40+ degrees.
The most enjoyable was the pay received
Pros
All meals supplied, Nice rooms that were airconditioned
Cons
Long Hours, Extreme heat and not enough help with transition for working in the heat, Lack of empathy when fatigued
My experience with ISS was not a satisfying one. I developed a workplace injury that caused me to leave the position.
Aviation Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD17 January 2019
Normally start morning shift at 0430
Everyday was different
Management very poor
Workplace culture was at times uncomfortable
The downside of the job was the extremely early starts
The best part of the job was meeting different people
Pros
Always something new
Cons
Low pay, poor management, workplace bullying
Management suck
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC 300014 January 2019
Hard work. Unrealistic hours vs the amount of work to be completed . Supervisor is rude. Treats you like a slave. Always picks the things you missed and makes you feel useless .
Pros
Cons
Non Australian supervisor who treats you like dirt.
great workmates
school cleaner (Former Employee) –  Glen Innes NSW7 January 2019
loved going to work saying hi to all the students and teachers, then canteen was first,then toilets which was the hardest part of the day.clean gym than to music rooms.take 10 minutes for drink with work mate always good.then do cement walkways up and down stairs,then 8 class rooms upstairs.sign off ready for next day.
Pros
no lunches as we started at 3pm.
Cons
no long hrs
Excellent Management
Cleaner - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Punchbowl NSW7 December 2018
This job enabled me to learn about the responsibilities as a professional in every situations, though split shift is something I do not prefer working when I have full working rights.
Pros
Flexible Timetable
Cons
Split of shifts before and after school time
all good
First Supervisor and Maintaining Stock (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC 300027 November 2018
typical day work is also good as usual
learned in how to work in coporate wolrd
good managemengt bacause of large scale body work
good culture of work
nothing hard to work
work in team is good part
Good Pay, Flexible and Amazing Management
Commercial Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Glen Waverley VIC11 November 2018
I have been working for ISS Facility Services for almost 3 years now, as a cleaner. As a employer and a student at the same time I can always arrange my work with them. Great Pay for as a part timer.
Management is great. They conduct workshops for every worker each year and that helps a lot to improve our service and skills.
Really enjoying working with them.
Fun work place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Taree NSW Wingham NSW11 November 2018
i enjoyed working with ISS property services as a team and split shifts and meet new people i enjoyed working as a team and learning new things they was good at helping if couldn't understand thing they have a great work place and show you how to do things and really understanding with things
Pros
breaks
Cons
hours was ok
Great First Opportunity
Gym management (Current Employee) –  Moranbah QLD4 October 2018
Great food, Free Gym, Accommodation and Wifi.

2 weeks on 1 week off roster

Not the best start for me as there were a lot of internal changes in the company at the time and so was not given a proper induction and direction.

This made the initial few weeks into the role a sink or swim scenario, which thankfully I was able to learn and create some structure to the operation of the role.

However this allowed of the greater need for initiative, creativity and resourcefulness.
Pros
Free everything
Cons
Lack of clear direction and support
Worked as a Steward at The star casino in Sydney
Steward (Former Employee) –  The starcasino, Sydney30 September 2018
I worked as a steward at The star casino. You are asked to work in dangerous places where chemicals and hot water are mixed for better clenaning, The vapours that come out from them is not the management's concerns. Although the ISS management is nice and friendly but The star management and cooperation is negligible. ISS dont want to loose its client. Therefore, all decisions are taken from their chefs and businesspoint of view. They never ask if steward has any problems and what kind health and safety isses are being faced by stewards and cleaners. So, if you are planning to work at The Star casino. You need mentally prepare yourself that your work place is not in Australia, somewhere in Mexico.
Pros
Friendly ISS mangement
Cons
No Toilet or Lunch breaks Whenever they say you go, Make you to work in dangerous places where chemicals and hot water are mixed for better clenaning, but ignore dangerous vapours that clearly affecting stewards health, Otherwise be ready to loose the job.
government cleaning
Casual Employee (Current Employee) –  Tuncurry NSW24 September 2018
cleaning governments schools, split shifts at times, holiday spring cleaning during school holidays. Friendly staff, indoor and outdoor duties and use of chemicals
Steady employment with good pay
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT10 September 2018
Job was very simple and easy, rates are good due to night time work. Suitable for students or people wanting to work after hours and not have to worry about being face to face with customers.
Pros
self management, independence, quiet and easy
Cons
night work, late hours, requires own vehicle
Productivity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 September 2018
Al the tarms and conditions of company is very good and the the management of the company is very good and very good behaviour with staff and the the very good workplace.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Never seen anything so useless
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth Airport WA13 August 2018
Management lie constantly. Main focus is saving money. Staff are just numbers while management collect all the bonuses for saving money and cutting people’s shift stealing their money
Pros
Cons
Mostly useless more so management
Pay well
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 July 2018
I enjoy customer service but the only disadvantage is shift work. This is the hardest part of this job. You don't know your roster for the next fortnight. One can never plan anything especially if you have a family. even you have to struggle to book doctors appointment. You can not call for a leave except sick leave and has to provide doctors certificate.
Pros
Nothing is free....
Cons
24/ 7 shift work
Wishes
Customer Service, Visitors (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD 400024 July 2018
A typical day - Standing on foo for 14 hours with 10 minutes break without lunch time.
Learning how to treat people with kindness.
Should have a good arrangement for doing things.
Should be respect, kind and patient to the different culture people.
Hardest part of work was in the cold or hot environment.
Talking with nice people and providing the customers service were most enjoyable part of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ISS Facility Services. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K