ISS Facility Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

ISS Facility Services Employee Reviews

Australia281 reviews
Better than ESS ,but just like all catering companies the wages are going backwards and profits going up. They all talk about work life balance but where is the even time roster and when it is offered you can not live on the wages offered.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Not enough money.
Incompetent management team, lack of communication, stock, info, uniforms, reduced pay. No flexibility even due to illness. Not recommended at all. Need new management team.
Pros
some of the people you work with
Cons
management
ISS services are excellent because they provide a good environment to the employee where employee work with team and learn many skill with joy. Working with ISS was a good experience for me. it helped me to learn work culture , how to collaborate with team and give the best out of oneself. Overall, it was great fun working here.
Pros
good environment
Cons
Training facilities were always available.
Opportunity training.

Development training.

Work place safety training.

Praisal activity

Key Performance indicators in place.
Very good place to work. Every staff is friendly and cooperative. Managers and supervisor are very friendly to the staff. anyone can enjoy when they get chance to work with ISS.
-working with iss was a good experience, had understood/ learned many things about cleaning.
- there was a good team work.

- hardest part of the job is to finish work on time
A fast-paced facility, but you get to learn heaps of new things. However, you cannot make a carrer out of it. Supervisors are very helpful. Overall it is a good industry to get into if you are doing uni or college.
• Manage staff and materials at work
• Discipline and high communication skill

• Positive attitude towards customers

• Work smart with ethics and safety
One piece of advice STAY AWAY from this company.
It is the most stressful underpaid unfair job

Management is horrible, Bullying,

Favouritism

If you don’t know the right person you won’t go anywhere

Four different General managers in ONE Year./ 15 different supervisors in ONE year as everybody quits.
Dedicated business environment with in modern office space. Friendly staff. In a secured building and carparking facilities. Travel interstate may be required from time to time.
Hard work no enough hours poor management poor equipment do not trust them they are pay you less hours they don’t show you any respect never again work with this company
Another day at the Airport, no day is the same. A great team to work for. I love Keeping my brain ticking with this job, yes you need situational awareness but that’s what I like.
Worst employer I have ever worked for. I only stayed for 6 months and during that time had 4 Supervisor and 3 Manager changes. Incompetent doesn't even begin to describe their work culture.
I started as a casual, 8 hours per day - 5 days per week. Worked hard and was asked to transfer to another site that was having problems, I believed I was doing the right thing and agreed to the transfer, hours dropped to 6 hours and a split shift, made permanent part-time. Allowances cut, expected to work with broken equipment, pay for materials out of own pocket, hours further cut to 4 hours per day.

The upper management in this company, I.S.S. do not have the faintest clue as to actual working conditions on-site, yet make arbitrary decisions which negatively impact workers to save money. DO NOT WORK FOR THEM.
Stressful.
The basic training staff had no time.

Poor management from the top to the supervisors.

Bulling from supervisors and management only solution is to move you cut your hours so that you do leave and sack anyone that defended you.
Great relaxed company to work for always helping there staff deal with problems with in the site ,very helpful ,accepts who you are and what you are ,highly recommended company
its good job , sometime if there is complain then there is little bit stress others wise its better than other one . manager is good friendly ,that is the main thing employer want
setting up equipment and testing it for the 10,000 pax on average that proceed through the Qantas terminal on a daily basis. Screening pax for dangerous and prohibited items.
Working for iss was charm steady work and always and reliable and as long as you work hard and you get the work slacker and u don't winner winner chicken dinner
Pros
Have work
Cons
Dont have work
Working at ISS was a good experience for me. It helped me to learn work culture, how to collaborate with team and give the best out of oneself. Overall, it was great fun working here.
I am a firm believer that unless you are a certain nationality/ culture you have no chance.

From experience no matter how much you do, someone of the correct race even if they are useless will get preference
Cannot do this role unless you complete a two week course in Security which can cost $900 upwards or obtain a government grant, depending on your circumstances.
Be prepared to outlay $800 for security license/ Asic/ drug and alcohol testing.

All of the above can take up to 6 month to achieve.

A lot of time and money to outlay before you even commence any employment at International Airport as Protection Officer which includes screening of passengers luggage for dangerous and prohibited items. Not an easy task and a lot of pressure to perform it perfectly after only 1 week of training which includes four other roles but are very basic.

I was dismissed on the spot after 2 weeks on the floor due to finding screening difficult. Upper Management were not prepared to continue support with screening though I was improving and felt confident with ongoing practice.

I'M GREATLY DISAPPOINTED about how easily one can be discarded after great efforts.

I arrived on time every time. Always went beyond expectations with passengers and courteous and approachable towards my team members.

Never refused any task, minded my own business and was prepared to work any time of day or night. Difficult to plan life outside of work due to 2 weeks in advance only rosters initially.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ISS Facility Services. Our community is ready to answer.
1.6K