ISS Facility Services Employee Reviews in Karratha WA

Found 11 reviews matching the search See all 4,472 reviews
Fun workplace
Minesite Cleaner - Night Shift (Current Employee) –  Karratha WA11 December 2017
Cultural based Great team to work for .. Work hard great times etc Hardest part of job is it's very Competitive. Play the game hard. Socialism a must.. Great working Environment..Management. Top team ..
Pros
Socialism. Entertaining
Cons
Get a good nites Rest
most of them are friendly
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Karratha WA15 November 2017
before I working in karratha, once they just interrupt to our room for check when we are working, they even not tell us before or after.

the point is, this is check comprehensive for all of employee, but only asian.
Pros
free meal
Cons
raism
a great chance to learn new skills
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Karratha WA13 October 2016
working for ISS was a great chance to learn new skills and the how to work with people with that was on light jobs and boss were all different ways of managing
Great workplace and enjoyed the office duties
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Karratha WA6 June 2016
Great workplace and enjoyed the office duties. The training was inconsistent but the overall workplace was enjoyable
great hours
Housekeeping/ mess hall attendant (Former Employee) –  Karratha WA7 October 2015
a typical shift would consist of making beds and cleaning rooms in 40 degree heat. workmates are supportive and very wiling to train and teach heir skills. pay is horrendous and workers are under appreciated. would not recommend unless you are hoping to get your foot in the door for FIFO.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
long hours and bad pay
Busy environment with a good work culture
Administrator/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Dampier, Karratha21 June 2015
Working 10.5 hrs per day between administrative and cleaning tasks depending on where I was required for the day. Gaining both mental and physical challenges on a daily basis.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Being made redundant
not so bad after all
Kitchen hand, storeman, all-rounder (Former Employee) –  karatha sea ripple village2 November 2014
not much to say its been a long time since ive worked for iss maybe they've changed ive heard they've lost some contracts as cleaning facilities do but they were the first to welcome me into the industry
Pros
free food free living and friendly staff
Cons
management and 3 weeks is to long for minimum wage
Meeting New People
Finance and Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Karratha, Western Australia.26 August 2014
Everyday was a new day. Dealing with staff members from a range of different cultures and personalities was the best part of working as a HR Manager.

I enjoyed the challenge of turning a company deficit to a profit. I was working in a high intense work place during extreme weather conditions and long hours but the management team helped me deal with the Fly In Fly Out role and my adaptable personality got me through.

I enjoyed competition within the company as I am a confident and competitive person.
Pros
Free Lunches, experience, salary and meeting new people.
Cons
Long Hours.
I have been working with the company last 19 months , I found iss is best in facility area also I am trying my best as well .
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Karratha, WA30 September 2013
a typical day of work was in my present role in camp . when I was in housekeeping and I have a run sheet around 200 rooms for a day .

I learned the day working alone with new person, we need to be nice and passionate, patience .and can do attitude .

management try to keep fit and making happy environment.

co-worker enthusiastic help full.

hardest part of job too much bending for me as I worked before standing work.as chef.
Enjoyable part of the job when we get together in pre-start there is some exercise at 5.30 am that I feel this job is like military.
Pros
free accomodation, trevelling
Cons
too hot weather in working time
Could be a great place to work if the lazy ones were sacked, including supervisors.
Security Officer - ESO (Former Employee) –  Pluto, Karratha WA3 June 2012
Co-workers not doing their fair share of the work load turns a great working environment into a feeling of resentment towards others. Management not interested in individual feelings, just want to look good in the eyes of their superiors. Two staff members out of 30 were nasty gossipers, otherwise have met some wonderful people, unfortunately some wonderful people have left because of this, combined with the unfair discrimination against singled out personnel.
Receptionist being paid officer rates when she hardly did officer duties.
Work Colleagues too afraid to speak up because of retrabution.
Pros
working, on, a, construction, site, was, excellent, remunération
Cons
night, shift, especially, when, other, people, wanted