ISS Facility Services

Australia12 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,245 reviews

Utility Worker

You get a really good opportunity to meet lots of different people which is really nice. You tend to work long hour shifts over a course of two weeks which can be very tiring considering that most of the time we are understaffed. With taking this into consideration the pay isn’t good for how hard we work and for how long we work. It can be really rewarding having the week off for a break and you get a really nice work life balance. I personally I enjoy the work that we do despite the challenges we face such as being short staffed.

Pros

Free accommodation, free food

Cons

Long Hours, constantly being short staffed

Good company to work for.

No stress management, makes it easy to do 10 hour days 7 days a week. They try accommodate your needs as much as they can. It's really how well you get along with your co workers and if you yourself like to work or not. Accommodation is every thing you need. If you want to do the hours you can make a little money with iss.

Kitchen and housekeeping

Worked in big camp. The facilities on site were really good (pool, tavern, gym, volleyball and basket course. Food was amazing. Worked in Kitchen and mine site clening were good job. Did housekeeping for fews days only cause to much rooms to doGood experience !

No enough money for remote work.

Better than ESS ,but just like all catering companies the wages are going backwards and profits going up. They all talk about work life balance but where is the even time roster and when it is offered you can not live on the wages offered.

Pros

Relaxed

Cons

Not enough money.

Extremely hot, Long days, No regularity

Whilst working with this company my role was to clean rooms and service them, for all mine personnel. Changing bed linen twice a week, clean shower, toilet areas. The hardest part of this job was the heat, as I was working in 40+ degrees. The most enjoyable was the pay received

Pros

All meals supplied, Nice rooms that were airconditioned

Cons

Long Hours, Extreme heat and not enough help with transition for working in the heat, Lack of empathy when fatigued

I enjoyed working for ISS but down turn in work made reduntant

Multi tasking across all departments from kitchen to housekeeping to general outdoor cleaning duties. Great management and all staff were great to work with. Long days but manageable

Productive and fun workplace.

I enjoyed working for ISS Facility Services. Management was very friendly and supportive. My favourite part of the job was the team members I worked along side.

Productive n fun work place

Ive met some lovely friendly people along the way.work is hard but i've enjoyed it with team efforts..had a brilliant manager which also made working alot easier..

Pros

Meet interesting ppl

Cons

Not enough hours in a day

a great chance to learn new skills

working for ISS was a great chance to learn new skills and the how to work with people with that was on light jobs and boss were all different ways of managing

free gym great people, plus you get a week off from work for your break.

Working for ISS was challanging at times, but i loved every bit of my job. My job involved, restocking and moving foods around, dish cleaning, making sure every thing was higenicly clean and up to work safe standard. I found the hardest part of my job was being away from my loved ones back home, but we had a great team up there and we all helped each other out. The best part of my job was fly out day!!

Pros

free gym & pool

Cons

being away from home

ongoing work, liked working there

was travelling from job to job. i learned about why its important to wear your ppe at all times, i manage to complete all tasks given, ii like all my co-workers communicated well with them as a team member, i didnt find it hard just tiring at the end of the day, meeting new people & the challenging tasks

Pros

accomadation and meals

Cons

was a long days work

Not much to do after work entertainment on site is very rare.

I think the management in ISS could do with a shake up, it takes team work in any business to make it work, this does not come from ISS management.The hardest part of the job is trying to find time for water breaks, when you are constantly under staffed it takes a lot out of you physically.I love working in a physically active job to help keep me fit.My co-workers are like family we are there for support whenever needed.

Pros

working with a really good team keeps everything running smoothly

Cons

lack of water breaks can leave you dehydrated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ISS Facility Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ISS Facility Services