ISS Facility Services Employee Review

View all ISS Facility Services reviews

Great staff but terrible management and training
Aviation Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD9 March 2019
After a long (over 10 yrs) employment with this company, I finally realized what a terrible and unsupportive company I had been working for. It does depend on what site your stationed at, but the underlying problem is that ISS under bid for the renewal or new contracts when they come up, then realize that they need to put in short cuts to make up the losses, and that filters down to the work sites they manage, which in turn makes the workload on the employees that much more harder. They will run the screening points continuously under staff, due to sick leave and uncovered shifts, which makes it a very stressful place to work in. The ongoing training is very baldly handled, and most new training comes out in memo form. There are huge problems with management "favourites" when it comes to promotion as well. The team leaders and floor staff make the screening points run efficiently.......NOT MANAGEMENT. You will receive very little praise for your hard work and dedication, but they will constantly come down on you for the smallest of mistakes. They constantly monitor you and that gives you a feeling of distrust on the behalf of them. The money is very average considering what you have to know and do to be able to become an Aviation Protection Officer. You need to work alot of hrs and have those hours all be at a flexirate, otherwise your base rate of $23.50 just won't cut it. I no longer work for this company due to the absolute lack of support this company gives it's staff, team leaders and supervisors. I am not bitter, and I don't hold a grudge against this company, but believe  more... me, if you are going to spend $1000's of dollars sitting an Aviation Security Course and then buy your licence, boots and go through 40 hrs of training for a minimum wage job where you are treated like just another number, then I would advise you to look into something else. As I said, it does depend on the site. You might be lucky, but your career has to be based not just on if your lucky or not. Everybody who leaves(they have a huge turnover rate), never regrets leaving this company. They might miss the job itself, but never the company. Good luck if you choose to work for this company as an Aviation Protection Officer. It's a great job.....just a woeful company.  less
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Non supportive, terrible management structure

Other ISS Facility Services Employee Reviews

Productive workplace with meeting people
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Perth WA23 July 2019
Working for ISS Facility Services has enabled me to meet and interact with people from different backgrounds. It also motivates me to work effectively in a team environment.
Poor management
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Hobart TAS18 July 2019
No respect to employees, someone always has incorrect pay and the company has poor leadership. The higher positions will try to take advantage of you and they spread nasty words about their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ISS Facility Services. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K