Ivanti Employee Reviews

Tse
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UT1 April 2019
Ivanti had a great culture, but now is changing toward that of a typical call center, making morale sink.

New management has taken over. The employees are going from feeling like valued individuals to simply numbers.
Pros
snacks
Cons
new management
Fun place to work
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ13 March 2019
I really appreciate and thank you so much for all of the opportunities this company has provided me which has not only helped but, is helping me to grow technically, professionally as well as personally.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Office shut down
I liked it.
Scrum Master, QA Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ9 March 2019
typical software company. Flexible working hours, easy-going and understanding manangement. Multicultural work environment made it really easy for me to adapt.
No Longer in Scottsdale
Quality Assurance Analyst / Developer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ16 January 2019
I learned a lot while working for this company and couldn't be greater, unfortunately their Scottsdale office was closed. I was given a section of tasks to be responsible for and had the freedom to complete them as they came up without the need for continuos meetings and oversight.
A great team -- but why no remote positions anymore?
Senior Content Development Manager (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UT15 January 2019
I was very happy at Ivanti, and was heartbroken to be let go as part of a significant reduction in force. I understand the need to cut costs, but I feel remote workers were summarily singled out. This left me feeling less like an asset and more like a cost. Other than that, though, I really loved my team and the work we got to do -- and if they started hiring remote workers again, I'd definitely reapply!
Pros
Great people
Cons
Remote options limited
All downhill since merger
Cloud Change Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO18 December 2018
HEAT software was acquired by LanDesk to form Ivanti in January 2017. Since then they have laid off all employees who don't work in Poland or Utah. Culture is great if you are LDS, otherwise no chance for promotion.
Leadership lacks dirction
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT25 October 2018
Ivanti wants to push unified IT in Marketing their products though they really have no idea what that means and only pretend they have solutions that work together. The leadership can't articulate where the company is going but hold sales and everyone else accountable for reaching a future without clear vision. Good old boys club is prevalent women, minorities, and pioneers are not empowered to succeed and lack opportunity to promote. Equal pay for equal work is also a problem at all levels. HR avoids complaints and people.
Pros
Benefts
Cons
Work life balance, leadership, Hr, training
Amazing enviroment
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA26 August 2018
Great place to be surrounded with great people that work there. Amazing place to work, office if cool and fun with an amazing view of the Puget Sound.
No chance for promotion
Employee (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO6 August 2018
Unless you live in Ogden, you are completely overlooked.
Old Boy network and mgmt fails to live up to promises.
Benefits were downgraded and zero option to work from home.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Small minded management, benefits were downgraded
Order Management Specialist
Order Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UT27 July 2018
I worked at Ivanti, Inc. (formally, LANDesk Software for 2 years as an Order Management Specialist in the finance department. My first year was ok, however, when it became Ivanti, they made it very competitive and hard to advance. It was never enough work to do and when you wanted to learn something else the other Order Management Specialist did not want you entering their domain. It became an environment of dishonestly, back stabling and lies. The worse part is going to HR for help was of no use as they did not want to handle any employee's complaints. They sale you on the company with lies and false promises. I will say the Order Management Team and Accounts Receivables is the worse of the teams at Ivanti and it would be a great mistake for anyone who take positions with these teams. You should spare yourself misery and find yourself a real career.
Pros
Very few weekends will you have to work.
Cons
Stessful work environment, Competitiveness has created a culture of dishonest, lying and back stabling, Yearly raise less then 1%, If there is a problem HR will not be of help.
Currently Unstable
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom28 February 2018
Unfortunately with the various rounds of redundancies it is a very uncertain time at the company and you never really relax.

There is also a real lack of progression opportunities
Pros
Great People
Cons
Job Security
Working at Ivanti
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO17 February 2018
Typical day: Nine hour days because there is a one hour lunch mandated. This is a support facility where you are on the phone much of your day, wearing a headset. You will be required to train yourself. The culture is there is quiet with little social interaction. Certain employees have the freedom to treat you like you're less than human, and get a free pass to continue to do so.

Management is horrible.

Pay rates are well below usual.

The best part? End of day, Fridays and paydays.

There are a few good people there.
Pros
Can't think of a thing to put here.
Cons
It's a stepping stone to where you are really going.
Great place to work until business is slow
Software Engineer in Test (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UT15 February 2018
I enjoyed my time working at ivanti, but they did have several rounds of lay-offs during the more than 10 years that I worked there. Ivanti values a work / life balance and encourages employees to use PTO time. Ivanti promotes team building by sponsoring summer and Christmas parties as well as quarterly activities for each department. Benefits and vacation policy seem to be above average for the Salt Lake area.
Great culture and some great people. Huge instability.
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT23 January 2018
Ivanti is now a large ship without a rudder going around and around in circles. Gobbled up company after company and now isn't sure what they are selling as a lot of the products do the same thing. Glowing All Hands meetings indicate a few setbacks yet still sell the fact of success and growth when reality shows them closing entire offices exercising layoffs. Sales group is always on thin ice with unrealistic goals in order to meet huge expectations. Most of the Sales teams can't discern between the product offerings and this leaves customers wondering what is what and if the product roadmap will ever be consolidated. Great work atmosphere and a really good culture. The billion dollar Ivanti isn't near as great as the 200 million dollar LANDESK was.
Pros
Food, culture, atmosphere.
Cons
Misguided management, lean resource staffing, and no clear vision as to what product is what.
Needs focus
Sales Ops (Current Employee) –  Colorado22 January 2018
The executives do not seem to have focus (or are not able to communicate properly). There was little guidance regarding mergers of companies or products and end results made little sense. Culture seemed to heavily favor main offices with little regard to talent at other locations.
Pros
Immediate manager was good and he genuinely seemed to care
Cons
Communication to employees from executives had little bearing on what they were actually doing, Claimed to value experience, then laid off tenured employees and rehired cheaper labor elsewhere
Too much churn
Advisory Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ28 November 2017
Management and Product Management in particular are struggling to formulate a clear SAAS strategy for their numerous product offerings. There seems to be a trend towards moving engineering offshore with new teams starting in Poland, Romania, and India while closing offices in Galway, Ireland, and Scottsdale, AZ.
Pros
Very supportive learning environment which was excellent.
Cons
Product management does not have a handle on SAAS direction.
Good People, Bad Management
Senior Technical Communicator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ22 November 2017
I worked with a lot of talented developers at Ivanti. Unfortunately, management didn't know what they wanted those developers to build. They shifted focus every other week.
A pretty decent place to work
Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ15 November 2017
A great place to work! Management needs to get a better overall direction for the company, but the people there are great. My team and managers were fantastic!