J.R. Simplot Company
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

J.R. Simplot Company Employee Reviews

Australia32 reviews
A very family-oriented company with a strong commitment to the vision and goals. There is a strong tie to the US parent company and that can impact decisions regarding product launches as they need to meet the yearly numbers.

The big challenge is that budgets are trickled out and a project you may spend months on will be put to the board and killed because they deemed it too expensive. But the reason it was too expensive was IT got involved and spent 1/4 of the budget on a feasibility study, then they want to redo part of their infrastructure before they can consider the project - thus projects are 5 years late and then canceled.

IT is an issue and is holding back the company from being more innovative. There are some great people there but IT becomes an area everyone avoids.

The upside is the Product Testing facilities, and the access to try new products.
Its was really a great honour to work with J.R.simplot.I use to work in all different food sections.Company give you opportunities for growth and development.excellent working environment.Wish to work in future.
Good company, advancement opportunities and very well looked after. A shame they had to sell our facility to patties who are nothing like Simplot. Thank you Simplot for 8 great years.
They will always try to stress you with a lot of heavy work. Worst Team leaders and supervisor...! Better stay away from this... ! 🥵🥵🤮🤮 Waste of time.
a great place to work, i get to know how our is packed, really considerate about hygiene and safety, i like to work across different departments such as sauce, pasta, meal tray etc.
A great pace to work to learn new skills, and they are willing to give anyone a chance.

Very Faced pace job with a high level of physical activity which was great !!
Pros
Night Shift
Smell
Not a bad place to work yet could improve the work life balance.
Great family feel, but at times can feel like a large corp mindset.

Fantastic festive occasions for adults and kids alike.
Unwilling to guarantee casual employment security treated as a labour unit and not a person. Have a company policy that only applies when they see fit
Great company to be employed by, we are very well looked after by way of wages, income protection and safety. The casual component suits my lifestyle, we can be called in at any time or we may be on the roster depending on product availability, in any case being on call 24/7 poses no problem to me. The wages are excellent. I feel my job is secure as I'm a good worker, and there may be chances for advancement in the company. The management of this company are the best, if u do the right thing you'll be looked after. I like that we produce all local produce.
Pros
Rewards for work well done, free tea/coffee great canteen apptoachable msnsgement
Cons
Constructed cardboard boxes to hold corn product.
Cleaning machinery and floor using a hose and shovel.

Worked mainly night shift.

Good team to work with.
Pros
good penalty rates for nightshift
A good learning experience. The job was short term therefore did not manage to interact with too many other employees. However, the people around me were very welcoming and made the environment great.
A typical day/night at work was to liaison with the oncoming and incoming shift, communicate with superintendents/Team leaders through out the shift. Grading samples enter Data onto computer,keeping up with good housecleaning,communicating with all operators across the whole shift. Working with great people and able to have a laugh.
I worked here for two weeks on work experience and they were all very nice and took the time to teach me new skills. And agreed being a reference on my resume at one point.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
The production line is split into 3 different shifts, morning, afternoon and night. The job is fast-paced as there is a target that has to be met by the end of each shift. The job is well paying.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long days
My previous employer has a great team environment,and strong culture, encouraging a work/ life balance.
The autonomy day to day was excellent where time face to face with customers was also encouraged.

One on one time with each team member was the cornerstone of each day and coaching each one to achieve key objectives was most satisfying and seeing the growth of each individual most rewarding.
changing workplace, dictatorial, constantly affecting employee morale
long anti social hours, always chopping and changing conditions.
Pros
money is the only plus
Cons
lifestyle and personal wellbeing suffers because of atoxic work envoironment
Working at Simplot for a week was really good and heaps of fun. I learnt many new graphic design skills. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful. A typical day at work was re-touching photos or photoshopping them for food brands, or we would be taking photos of food so they can be put onto websites and promoting that product.
Pros
Some times you get free lunch. Free coffee in the kitchen.
Cons
Not really any cons.
Alright place. Cold all year round due to the products they have (fish)
hard to understand supervisors sometimes cause of their poor English. Hardest part of job is when there's no work and you end up cleaning the walls and scrubbing trolleys..
Pros
discount on fish
Cons
having to change out of uniform to go toilet or break (takes up time)
I spent five years with Simplot great place to work, the salary was the best for the amount of work required.
I would recommend Simplot to anyone
I have been working with Top cut meat for 6 years. I started as a bench hand and way up to Supervisor.
I really enjoyed my time working there and I love my job. All staff are hard working and very cooperation.

To me every job has its own things not easy at the fast time but will come if we committed to the job.
Simplot Partners is an enjoyable and rewarding place to work.

My typical day is attending face to face meetings with current clients, and potential new clients. Then in the evening, I will conduct any computer work that is required from the days meetings.

Management is very flexible with the hours I work, as long as KPI are met.

Really enjoy my job, but I require an new challange.