JD Sports Fashion Plc
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from JD Sports Fashion Plc:

JD Sports Fashion Plc Employee Reviews

Australia12 reviews
Relax yet fast-paced work place, fun for you people to interact with unique individual interested in shoes.
Love the staff work well with them and support each other
A very outgoing team however management played favourites a lot esp the supervisors. Bullying and back talking was seen as the norm at this workplace. Be prepared to have every little mistake frowned upon and not seen to be improved. The covid-19 outbreak showed the company had zero loyalty to their casual employees, laying off and leaving them in the dark for almost a month. A lot of reconsideration of employee's atitudes towards one another should be highly consulted. A very negative experience as a warehouse assistant at this company.
In the beginning the job is fun and the workers are lovely. After 4 months of working the management team will put extreme pressure on you to achieve their goals. They do not support you with growth and development. They compare each employee passive aggressively. They are very strict on how you perform. I don't feel they listen to their employees. The culture is based on drama and creating exclusive groups within the company. You do not get your time-in-loo either.
it is a fast-paced workplace, with great a great team that helps and guides the newer employees on what to do and what not to do. management is outstanding and definitely one of the best I have experienced. the most enjoyable part is seeing new shoes every day.
Very productive workplace, with a positive corporate culture, great management. The most important part of the job is the satisfaction of making sales
I applied for a role and was invited for an interview which ended up being a surprise group interview, the lady who hired me had already left by the time I started, my first day I wasn't introduced to anyone, the manager sat out the back in a room and I had to figure out what was going on myself, no other staff there knew I was even an employee until I introduced myself, no KPIs or acknowledgement for closing big sales, the team walked around with heads down avoiding customers which was a seriously weird environment to be a part of, shifts were given without much warning, you would find out when you were working next after your most recent shift which made any form of outside activities impossible to plan for, constantly underpaid as well which really topped off this awesome experience working for this company and took them about 2-3 Months to remove me from their payroll after constant hounding after I quit so I was getting taxed double for my new job.
work is okay but can sometimes be a pain while it is a typical day at work you will expect a low rush of energy while being there during weekdays and it is extremely hot during summer.
Jd Sports has to be one of the worst places I ever worked at. I felt miserable coming into work. You can be the hardest worker in the room and will not be recognised, need to suck up to management just to feel comfortable going to work. The management staff were so rude and unprofessional and be little you at any chance they get, even the higher up management that come into the store on the occasion.
Instead of having the decency to fire staff they will just slowly stop giving you shifts without warning.
Cons
JD Sports has both a friendly atmosphere and excellent store standards. Customers are top priority and management takes very good care of the staff working at the store.
Pros
Long lunch breaks
Cons
A lot of heavy lifting
The company itself is very successful, but lacks to show support in aspects of store management. Each store has a vibrant and welcoming culture, and seem to look to be on track, but it's the behind the scenes aspects that people don't see.
Pros
Product discount
Cons
Management Support
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at JD Sports Fashion Plc?
Everyday was different in a way and coming into work was always exciting as you get to converse with so many different customers who are looking for a new look.

Beats any job where you sit at a desk all day and crunch numbers or answer emails.
Pros
Very social workplace
Cons
No movement in career
Responsible for welcoming customers to the store, talking to them, helping them and generally making their shopping trip memorable. Also supporting the store in meeting its sales targets by recommending products to customer and making sure the shelves are stocked with the things they want to buy.