JPMorgan Chase
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Working at JPMorgan Chase: JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews

Australia17 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Found 17 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,452 reviews

Long hours, but motivated peers and good culturec

The hours are very long, but there is a good culture for learning and plenty of opportunities for self development. There is some extent of bureaucracy, but still easy to talk to senior staff.

Pros

Plenty of opportunity to self develop i.e. coding classes and knowledge shares.

Cons

Very long hours

Professional Culture

One of the biggest corporations in the world and foremost in financial services. Great offerings in terms of variety of roles and immersive experience.

pleasant work environment with a good worklife balance. learned a lot from my managers and they always encouraged me to push myself and fulfil my potential.

Genric

Great place to work , uses cutting edge technologies One of the best places I have ever worked. Variety of process followed here which is latest in the market.

location was perfect, and co-workers interesting

JP MOrgan was a great company to work for. They bought the Retail section off Bankers Trust. Learning and Development was a strong focas for this company.

Pros

extra activities - Yoga, communial eating erea

Cons

Management and lack of communication

good environment for growth

Always busy, lots of flexibility to try new things. Great culture. Great people, lots of fun networking events. Good for training and development. Lots of opportunities available.

Pros

events

Good firm, fair and exciting

Long career progress. Good people, fair management, good long term plan for new hire, tech investment are top priority and always leading the marketplace.

Pros

Pay, hours, location

Cons

work load

focused and professional

Fast paced and dynamic workplace dealing with investment bankers and a full floor fit out was fun and exciting. Contract terminated based on outsourcing cost cutting.

Elegant place to work

I worked at 41st Floor, I just loved the 360 degree view.. They provide a very elegant kitchen with big screen tvs and the people were very nice and friendly.

Pros

Nice place

Cons

A great place for advancement for your career

It's a high pressure environment but a lot will depend on the personality of your manager. You will have the opportunity to meet a wide variety of people but expect to put in a full workday + more in to your main job. It can be disheartening and thankless at times but the best thing to do is to learn from the experience and move on. Members of teams with managers overseas are generally depressed.

Pros

Reasonable to good pay. Professional environment

Cons

long hours, unrewarding work

Fun work environment with lively team.

Had great people to work with. Learnt how to communicate efficiently to higher authority. Put myself out there and took the initiative to do more. Made a lot of connections. My enjoyable part of the day was when my team completed our job the fastest because of efficiency.

Pros

Meeting new people.

Cons

Working in the sun.

JPMC is a great company to work for hence the period I was with them.

I had a challenging and interesting role during my time at JPMorgan. The nature of the role being in the engineering field I was given the opportunity to manage data centres, review technical designs and see them through construction and oversee large scale projects. I also had the opportunity to maintain and developed all JPMC critical systems infrastructure and occasional travels international and national to support location teams.

Progressive

Moving from a fund accounting role to middle office relishing the opportunity to use my operations experience within custody transitions. Excellent opportunity to network with project management, operations & external stakeholders.

Review

- Enjoyed working along with my colleagues and learning new skills through others - A normal 9-5 day

Productive and always have incentives.

Need excellent time management and problem solving skills . Work as a team.

Pros

Always educating employees.

Cons

Long hours at the end of Financial year.

Reconciliation of accounts

Check all Funding and prepare entries and have it checked and signed off before releasing and faxing all necessary documents. Wait for the different accounts ready to Reconcile. Check all breaks and enquire if the necessary amendments were preformed before posting adjustments.

Pros

Free dinners

Cons

Due to late receipt of data - can work till next day

Good work life balance

Working for a large team, time management is very important to reach everyone's expectactions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JPMorgan Chase. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• JPMorgan Chase