Jacobs Employee Reviews

Found 27 reviews matching the search See all 4,010 reviews
Challenging Projects
Lead Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA28 April 2019
Working for large scale EPCM projects in the resources sector in WA. Has its challenges with long hours and meeting tight schedules. It has a good balance of office and site based work.
Pros
Retention Bonuses
Highly integrated and collaborative
Project Controls Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD10 September 2018
Hardest part of job was managing and reporting on changes that had impacted over the design phase. Management was very interactive with plenty of regular coordination and progress meetings
Pros
Supportive
Cons
Long Hours
Production and engaging place to work
Finance Manager Australia and New Zealand (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC3 September 2018
Busy and an engaging place to work. Plenty of scope to try new roles and the company that has a great culture of caring

I like leading a team of 4 and being part of the Asia Pacific finance team.

The hardest part is keeping up to date with the changing landscape of the engineering sector
Pros
Exposure to a global company with international travel
Cons
Time differences working with a firm run firm
Jacobs Engineering
Project Planner Responsibilities (Former Employee) –  Perth23 July 2018
Management need to give more support the the project managers Workplace culture has suffered in recent years and currently there is no motivation in the Engineering and Drafting Personnel to achieve and surpass previous stds and working to achieve, When deadlines are presented the Culture should be to achieve and bring in the project early, There is no support mechanism and a high turnover of staff personnel from burnout,
Cons
Disparency between Management and Employees
Productive workplace but lacked senior mângment
Senior Electrical Construction Engineer (Former Employee) –  Collie WA18 July 2018
Typical day at work started at 6am until 5pm.
I had done it all before
Senior Management lacking
Workplace and culture excellent
Being there at 6am 6 mornings a week after travelling for more than an hour
The Synchronizing Party
Pros
Very pleasant local staff
Cons
Productive with collaborative team work
Site Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Australia, Perth1 May 2018
- Productive environment with collaborative team work.

- Flexible schedule and good work-life balance.

- Great work environment , very supportive of emplyees.
great experience
catering supervisor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 March 2018
Duties include to provide all staff kitchens with daily stock, order stock and check that Kitchens are cleaned & maintained on a daily basis and All meetings booked via Catering Booking are serviced ,Meeting rooms set up with equipment and catering and room cleaned at the end of each meeting and Assisting Events Manager to place stock orders
Typical construction job
Store person (Former Employee) –  Dawin NT9 April 2017
This was a temporary JV for the construction of the CCPP, and isn't an ongoing concern, it was typical JV on a large gas and oil job in Australia in 2017.
Pros
Good crew
Cons
Bus Travel
A typical day at Jacobs
IS Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney Australia16 December 2016
A busy day starts with smiling from colleague so you feel encouraged. You can always learn something from a giant company who is leading the industry and interacting with society with great influence.
Pros
culture, cooperation
Cons
too large for quick communication
Civil Structural Designer/Draftsman
Civil/Structural Designer (Current Employee) –  Western Australia25 July 2016
Good professional atmosphere - very good cohesion between the various disciplines. The most rewarding part of the job was the Cleint interaction
Management Culture. Subtle Signs of Bullying. Mandatory Management Progression
Rail Draftsman/Designer (Former Employee) –  Flinders St Melbourne.1 June 2016
As a Grad. their is great oppurtunities to Travel.
Upper Management have a culture of withholding work from individuals and supplying that work to favourite work colleagues. This then leads to downtime overhead timesheet charging. Which then leads to being sacked. Because the client managers are not doing their job in finding you the work and concerned more about their own billable time to projects. The worst part of that is they do not give you any warning that you are a marked employee.
It is a very stressful environment to work in. I am specifically talking about the Transport/Rail Group. Also they dont have experienced Managers to win the Big Projects. I would never recommend
This company to work for. Plus on a final note, they expect all employees from grads. to Long term employees to go out and find new work.
Otherwise you are a marked employee.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Subtle signs of bullying.
Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  QLD12 May 2016
After originally working for SKM (which was bought out by Jacobs), there was a distinct change in culture which was a total shock to the system.

Reading some of the other reviews here i can't believe i was working for the same company. I can only think that It must have been the section i was working in.

They make out they're a caring and sharing Co. Obviously not my manager who treated me, as well as others, like dirt and made no effort to hide it. There was definitely an in crowd and an out crowd.

Training was non existent due to "budget constraints".

In my section there was a continual atmosphere of fear and resentment of the senior management. Unfortunately middle management were made to tow the line and were singing the senior managements mantras. By fear i mean that no one would speak up as they were afraid of the repercussions and from experience those that did we then forced out by putting them in untenable positions. Also from what i experienced HR was there for the employer not the employee.

The money was good but it was increased due to circumstances such as buy out, removal of bonuses, mobile phone allowance. I took a significant cut by leaving but it was definitely worth it.

I suffered it for 2 years and had to leave for my own sanity.
Pros
Some interesting jobs.
Cons
Management treated you like a piece of dirt
depressing
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA24 January 2016
after the company being both by Jacobs working with new rules is very depressing. Working with my own team is the experience that I would treasure as we had fun and enjoyable environment that you want to look forward working the following day.
Jacobs Review Summary
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA28 December 2015
An extremely nice place to work.
The company values continual improvement and invests in training of staff.
A beautiful friendly work culture and support from colleges.
Very pressured work environment at times.
Pros
Excellent work culture and friendly colleagues
Cons
Tight budgets with sometimes unrealistic deadlines
Good People, good Processes
Senior Document Controller - Vendor Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Perth WA9 November 2015
The People are Awesome to work with, with a professional manner and bearing. They always keep a friendly face and I would work here again if possible
Area Engineer - SMP (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA18 October 2015
A busy, project office with good upper management, which is reflected by the low-turnover of staff.
The office specialises in large projects, which offer a range of different opportunities to further one's career.
Pros
Interesting projects to work on
Inclusive multicultural environment with meaningful work
Senior Corporate Receptionist (Former Employee) –  South Brisbane Office1 October 2015
Based in the South Brisbane office my role specifically covered Corporate reception duties, Customer Service and Administration support for approx 700 staff members, management and more importantly first impression to our client base.

A typical day consisted of greeting external clients for respective client management meetings ranging from 2 guests to over 50. I have been described as friendly cheerful kind hearted person who enjoyed the meet and greet aspect of the role.

Answering large volume of phone calls the ability to express and speak clearly enabled me to assist varying requests from clients, staff and management, this entailed use of the company database and websites.

A fairly autonomous role with assistance of a co-worker who I trained enabled our section to run smoothly. The hardest part of the role would be intermittent support and communication from management due to the merger of the two companies SKM and Jacobs Group.

Although I was retrenched due to project and staff reduction. I have learnt that the position of Corporate Receptionist is not a static one, my willingness to learn and progress, confirms my self admiration and I look forward to new challenges with the chance to diversify within the administration field
Pros
Modern central office
Cons
Reduction in projects resulted in large amount of retrenchments
Human Resources Administration Assistant
HR Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dalby Australia14 September 2015
I liked this job because it was something new to me. I had never worked in this field before. Not only was the job new but so was the culture.
Pros
Experience in HR
Cons
It was temporary because of my husbands assignment in Australia.
Good people and benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD24 August 2015
The company is struggling with the mining downturn.
Good people and benefits.
Good location of South Brisbane office.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Uncertain projects due to mining downturn
Challenging and satisfying work environment
Principal Hydrogeologist (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD24 March 2015
Great team of scientist and engineers
Challenging but highly satisfying project work
Strenuous business development culture
Pros
Great team spirit
Cons
Uncertainty

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K