Jamaica Blue
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Jamaica Blue Employee Reviews

Australia97 reviews
Develop valuable customer service skills, learn to cooperatively work within a team and taught me to effectively work under pressure whilst still achieving the required goals.
The salary was the only positive of working at Jamaica blue Miranda. Illegal hours & breaks, bosses constantly verbally abusing you, I can easily say work was something which I dreaded. Of course, you need to earn your bosses trust, but that seemed like a constant chore for me and many other co-workers. All you need to do is look at how many other employees have quit in the last year, and that will tell you all you need to know. Employers like young, impressionable teens, looking for their first job.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Abusive bosses, understaffed, anger is taken out on employees, long shifts, no breaks, expectation of working overtime without being asked
I really enjoyed working at Jamaica Blue, I made a few friends while working and I learnt heaps of new things for example cleaning skills, communication skills and how to make some new drinks.
Pros
discounts for food
Cons
It’s so fast paced and if you get something wrong or make a small mistake older customers won’t hesitate to verbally abuse you about it. The manager also said he was there to help but he would only swoop in when you’re struggling to look like a hero. The worst part is when you’re trying to do your job as best you can and your manager is distracting you by telling you a life story but then proceed to yell at you for not working. Would not recommend.
The working environment was fast-paced but all employees worked as a team to get the required tasks done. A very professional working environment. I furthered my skills not only in my job position but in other aspects of the business as well.
Manager yells us at a lot, cant understand his English, pulls you out at the busiest times, Yells at us for everything. The job is great, highly recommend it but be careful of the manager, he lies in his interview and he false advertised my position to me, he also gave me 3 stations for me to do and always yells at me for "not being fast enough."
Pros
Pupils
Cons
Manager, work ethic, underpay, false advertisment.
All the regular customers are very enjoyable to communicate with and they make our life a little bit more relaxed as we would know that we didn't have to stress about their orders.

Typically the busiest we would be is in the mornings and at 3-5pm during school semester.

The most stressful part of the job was making sure people pay for their orders.
have to be really quick. Managers are always around so you can always ask questions. when you are comfortably able with the team makes life alot more easier for you.
Horrible controlling boss, egotistical , not a healthy working environment with a very unstable boss of multiple personalitys .
Hired lots of staff , possibly aware that staff would resign
If you're looking for a challenge, this is a good place to start. The team and management give you support to improve your skills and knowledge. Good people to work with.
Pros
monthly giftcards from the boss
Cons
nothing out of normal challenges
A typical day at work is usually busy as I work on the weekends and Thursday and Friday nights. I've come into working with Jamaica blue with great customer service skilled learnt at the Cheesecake Shop, and am now able to work with limited time constraints and full on pressure. I've managed to stay positive and make the customers leave the store with a smile and wanting to always come back. I love to see more and more regular customers everyday and giving them the best experience at my store.
Decent location that is quite open in order to communicate well with customers, there have been good days when the customers are enjoyable to talk with and some bad days if your manager isn't the patient type.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Stressful for the unexperienced
I enjoyed the work place of this job, I didnt enjoy the people that worked there, i know not every workplace is going to have people you like all the time. other than that a great job.
Pros
free drink on your break
Cons
mean boss
Able to give you work around your schedule, however minimal pay for long hours usually go over time, in the time I worked there I only finished once on time.
Cons
Very Long hours, Harsh and sexist management.
Jamaica Blue was overall a mediocre place to work for people to start working. Some skills you would gain and improve throughout this job would be communication, problem-solving, knowledge on cold drinks (no barista skills) and your memory.
Pros
Nice customers, (May only to my store only) Leggings are acceptable for extra comfort
Cons
A lot of hand washing dishes! Up to 1.5hrs nonstop causing hands to peel and fragile nails, (MAY APPLY TO MY STORE ONLY) -Called in for 2hrs then told to leave if it isn't busy, Tell me to start later if it is not busy or finish earlier, Take a 15-minute break when having to work 8 hours due to it being busy or understaffed
The environment of various Jamaica Blue cafes have been known to be below satisfactory. Management is poor, training is minimal, wages can be below award and Sunday/ holiday rates can be disregarded. Breaks were also very limited to 30 minutes per shift, regardless the shift hours.
slow in the morning, busy around morning tea and lunch, great work environment, nice customers. Learnt to be quick on my feet, better memory with customers orders. Family friendly environment.
my main roles where opening and closing the store, making coffee, taking orders, running food and beverages to customers. counting and handling money.

management mostly good

most part lovely work employees

making sure 100% of customers are happy
Pros
feeling good when people appreciate hard work
Cons
negative feedback /rude customers
Management at the Miranda location is terrible.
After working there for just under 1 year their way of letting me go was to not send the roster one Saturday night. I had to text my boss the next day and ask if he had sent the roster. It then took him another 6 weeks to send me a simple proof of employment letter which I only got because I contacted head office and told them about the situation. As someone who always showed up early to my shifts and never called in sick you would think that they would give me a little more respect than that. Avoid this place at all costs- there are plenty of other cafes in Westfield to work.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No respect
Jamaica Blue franchises are all owned separate. My boss is very strict but I have a lot of respect for him he runs a tight ship and expects everyones best effort.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low pay
The people at Jamaica Blue are always very positive and Happy to help anyone that comes along no matter whats happening would definitely suggest them to others.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jamaica Blue. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9