James Hardie Building Products
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

James Hardie Building Products Employee Reviews

Australia17 reviews
Unfortunately they did not recognize certain parts of the business for further career movement.

I recognized a need for updating policy and procedures in the following areas

• Administration procedures for all legal matters, contracts, new staff/customers and general office management

• HR administration and travel requirements for Head Office Executive Management

• Ongoing PowerPoint presentation and training setup for all Account Managers on Sales Force integration from SAP

• National Sales Conference, Induction and Monthly Meetings Co-ordination and bookings

• Overseeing of Administration/Reception personnel and SharePoint/Intranet additions

• Accounts receivable/payable/claims - month end reporting – SAP and BW

• Internal analysis of all customers and integration with Account Managers and Executives on Sales Force program

• Credit reporting analysis from SAP, Sales Force and Dunn & Bradstreet

• Extensive relationship building with all customers – problem solving

• Responsible for new export customers – set up and maintain customer orders
My experience working at James Hardie was helpful to me, as I am not English speaker native, I learnt from them the correct way to understand and speak. Also, they have strong policy and procedures to respect and work together as a family to reach the organization' objectives in different projects.
Great place to work great people to work with . Had to move back to Nambucca heads for my son but am still looking for work in forklift operator or storeperson position.
James hardie has a lot of bad culture with workplace bullying from the top end which filtered through there ranks /a dusty muddy work environment is constant with no regard for safety with little regard for there people
Pros
Wages
Cons
Very poor leadership/heath concerns/poor workplace practices
They're a bunch of manipulating liars, wasted my time and effort. OH DID I MENTION THEY ARE A BUNCH OF SNAKES? Hard to even explain cos they're that terrible
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Company is great, the job is good, salary is excellent.
But, sometimes I didn’t know if my manager was in charge or the guy that works there for 15 years doing the same thing.

That’s why I left, the only real reason.
the work environment was good to to work in and the staff were really helpful and approachable, they were really helpful , the training
they give you is easy to understand
I worked as a receptionist on a pabx switchboard plus did mail and typing. I learned to deal with people over the phone and to meet & greet face to face.
Pros
nice group of people
Cons
Sometimes unpaid overtime required
James Hardie, Jiprock Company.. Very difficult to achieve Full-time the salary is great once you gain a roaster ..........
..........
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at James Hardie Building Products?
It's a workplace for hard workers, but you can work outside and inside in different roles. People are really friendly and they will teach you perfectly every kind of job.
Pros
Free coffee, tea and milk
It's easy to make money & can get lots of opportunity for step up the job-title in James Hardie.
Most managers are very friendly also they offer to trainning systems for safety & health program.
Pros
free lunch every friday
Cons
Can choose 8 hrs or 12 hrs rotate shift
Great Company and friendly environment. I enjoyed my time working in this company because i had the opportunity to meet multicultural people.
Hardie is a unique place with some very talented individuals across the whole organisation.

Senior management has consistently funded technical innovation in order to develop competitive advantage, which is one reason that the company has been so successful.

The company is great place for those who thrive on challenge, pressure and hard work - it is definitely not a place for those who want a quiet life!!
Pros
Great opportunities for personal development, interesting and challenging work, the opportunity to work with very talented co-workers
Cons
High frequency of senior management review
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company.

I was given the opportunity to learn many different skills and was afforded time to hone my skills in relief positions and was financially rewarded for my performance.

Co-workers were numerous and represented many cultures and nationalities. Everyone friendly and easily accessible, even at management level.
I did shift work, with rotating rosters.
I drove fork lift, autoclave operating.

Good knowledge of cement sheeting and production.

Management were professional and treated me with high respect.

Co workers were team players, and easy to get along with.

The hardest part was rotating shifts with 3 young children.

I most enjoyed, atmosphere and conditions.
Pros
Various duties, daily. Shiwork.
Cons
Unfortunate closure of business., and company.
I was doing my industrial experience as part of my degree. The work experience with James Hardie Australia is definitely encouraging and excellent.
Catch up with market information
Discuss changes and challenges ahead

Consolidate thoughts

Address at hand tasks without losing focus on the big picture
Pros
very flexible
Cons
110% performance 24/7