Jay Jays Employee Reviews

great work place
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Penrith NSW2 October 2018
-My typical day at work would be customer services and problem solving, store upkeep.

-I customer service , management skills , computer and phone skills , team skills , general maintenance skills.

- Hardest part of the job, travel.

-Best part of the job , people.
very over the top
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Port Douglas QLD15 June 2018
during my time working with this company the regional manager seemed to go out of a way to make my life misery, though i was putting in a lot of free hours and travelling for work even though i didn't have to for the benefit of the company this was never appreciated
Great Company but No Consistency
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 May 2018
Company is great and team members in store are hard working
Pay is good however....
Not enough consistency with visual merchandising in store- Excessive promo change overs for staff to be using productivity for sales, the dedicated customers and what is being asked of them. Customers complain about too much change around of store layouts-Should be once a month change or once a season, you will find competitors using these techniques to keep it simple for their customers, so why aren't we? Lack of available store hours and budget to have the necessary support in-store during VM promo change overs. Excessive micro-management from Regionals. Let's Change this or
Pros
Great In store team members, average wages
Cons
Excessive VM Promo Changes, Regionals Micro Management
helped me work with money.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingaroy QLD17 December 2017
slow days fast nights.
learned how to manage money and till work.
funny boss.
young bunch of people fun while it lasted.
dealing with arrogant customers.
working with young and fun people.
Pros
the money and experience
Cons
customers
Exhausting company to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Australia7 June 2017
I've met some great people working here, however many of the employees are overworked and aren't supported anywhere near as much as they should be.

High standards are set, yet the time and necessities to achieve these standards are not supplied, coverage/ hours etc.
Pros
You get to meet some great people
Cons
Underappreciated and overworked
Fun times
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW22 May 2017
Where I grew my love for fashion retail.
Fast, fun paced environment.
Stick boxes piled up, customers everywhere & I wouldn't of had it any other way.
fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salamander Bay NSW3 April 2017
everyday at jayjays was enjoyable i loved the clothes and styles it had a good variety of customers of all ages it was a fast pace job that keep you on your toes .
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
long hrs
This is an awesome company to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grafton NSW28 February 2017
Loved going to work daily
this is where i learned my merchandising skills
management was very supportive
great environment to work in
challenging part was being a store manager for 2 years
enjoyed working with the team
Pros
great environment
Cons
store closing
good company
Retail Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD27 February 2017
good driven company. good to employees. they like to promote their positions from the inside first and they provide ongoing training and support
Friendly Workplace
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hurstville NSW23 August 2016
Every day was different. I had the opportunity to meet a lot of people and make new friends.

I learned how to close the shop after trading hours by my manager.I became more confident working by myself and as part of a team.

The hardest part of the job was trying not to fall behind with scheduled tasks when it was a busy day, especially during big sales.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was treated with respect by staff and by every customer who walked into the store. I loved the atmosphere and could relate to customers.
busy productive work place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany WA8 March 2016
Massive stock deliveries usually daily, requires constant visual merchandising daily.

Fun, enthusiastic workplace and managers.
its a great place to work, the staff are great and so easy to work with.
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Macarthur NSW4 February 2016
my management at the store have taken me on as a ppt, but have also given me much knowledge on how to further my career.

The staff are great, they each have there own styles but they make it work with all staff, they are easy to talk with and have fun.

the environment is well mature, happy and very positive.
Great Experience
Assistant Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Fountain Gate VIC2 February 2016
It was my first proper retail job, and being able to work during the Christmas period gave me so much experience and new skills in terms of customer service and working with registers.
Pros
Sunday Rates and Double Pay on Public Holidays
Cons
Short hours for Casuals
Terrible Regional Management
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Indooroopilly, QLD15 December 2015
The in-store staff are great, but the regionals are enough to make this job a nightmare.

I never had a stable roster, my hours constantly were cut at the last second. Regional management don't give a second thought to how these cuts will affect their staff financially from week to week. I had two regional managers during my time; both were quite disrespectful and liked to micro-manage, even though they weren't very good with customers themselves.

The job culture focuses more on driving a high UPT as opposed to ensuring customer satisfaction, thus meaning we were prompted to be overly pushy with customers which I saw first-hand as having a detrimental effect.

In my induction shift at the CBD store, I was also conned into believing that I HAD to wear their products. In actual fact it was never on my contract that this was necessary.

Even though I met great people in store and truly love interacting with customers, I would actively avoid working for the Just Group again.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hours cut, pushy sales techniques, poor management.
Awesome place to work
Casual Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Munno Para27 June 2015
Awesome place to work.
Management is great, staff discount is awesome, awesome products.
In depth training plans, which is great to have everyone on the same page.
Always a fun and enjoyable atmosphere , it doesnt feel like work most of the time.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD12 June 2015
A typical day at work was serving customer and helping them find the right clothing for them and I learnt a lot a out fashion.
My manager and co workers where great. There wasn't no hard part about the job most enjoyable part about the job was getting to serve and meet new people everyday.
Fast pace, friendly, happy atmosphere
Part time Retail Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bankstown Square, NSW29 May 2015
A typical day was cleaning and sorting out stock, serving and engaging with customers, completing any tasks given by bosses, folding and sorting any merchandise within the store. What I learned within the time spent at Jay Jays was how to work in a fast pace environment. Dealing with customers on a busy day was stressful at first but now the pressure is easily dealt with by staying calm and cheerful. I also learnt how to do my own research about the pros and cons of new products so it is shared with customers who are willing to purchase and to show I know what I am selling to customers. Management within Jay Jays is great! The management team always made everything fun which made working for them not feel like a job. They never failed to let us know how we can improve and they always notified us what techniques are better to up sell and how to be better retail members. My co-workers were easy going and we always worked as a team to reach our budget every week. The most enjoyable part of the job was the working environment, the positive vibes I receive from my customers and co-workers made me a happy worker to be working for Jay Jays.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, positive working environment
Fun, great atmosphere and management experience.
ASSISTASNT STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD9 April 2015
• Providing superior customer service
• Visual Merchandising
• Administration work/Mail
• Acting Store Manager
• Managing a team of 3-6 staff
• Responsibility of safe, cash handling and banking daily
• Refunds and Exchanges
• Rosters and Timesheets
• Register and EFTPOS
• Stock Take/Denzo counts
• Recovery of store/Relays
• Unpack/fill of stock/Invoices
• Using retail equipment
• OHS
Pros
great staff and team
Cons
long hours and weekends
Enjoyable place to work.
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Coolangatta, QLD26 November 2014
Start of day procedures, stock control, merchandising. Check promotions, price reductions, new stock. Move stock according to the promotion and the reduction (same price groups together). Customer service and acknowledgement was most important. Tidying of stock throughout the day. Clean fixtures and anything else which needed cleaning. End of day procedures, vacuum, tidy and balance register.
Pros
Relaxed environment, great stock and prices
Cons
Can't think of any
Productive work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Griffith NSW1 June 2014
Jay Jays is a very productive work environment, there are always things to do, and it changes every week, working with Jay Jays helps develop certain skills.
Pros
store discount
Cons
constant change

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jay Jays. Our community is ready to answer.