Jay Jays

Jay Jays Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Retail Sales Associate9 reviews
Australia9 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Great enviroment an exceptional staff

Working at jay jays involved a lot of self improvement an self determination, the staff are great an they worked great around my work life. i would recommend all my friends o jay jays

Fun and consistent

Would work for Jay Jay's again. Staff discounts are awesome. Great team to work with. Management were fantastic very understanding of work life balance.

Pros

Staff discounts

Jay Jays insights

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things

Productive and happy environment

Ensuring the floor and clothes are all neat and tidy. Time management is crucial in busy periods of the year. Work environment was friendly and happy. Stock take through black out periods were stressful. Fun work environment.

great work place

-My typical day at work would be customer services and problem solving, store upkeep. -I customer service , management skills , computer and phone skills , team skills , general maintenance skills. - Hardest part of the job, travel. -Best part of the job , people.

fun workplace

everyday at jayjays was enjoyable i loved the clothes and styles it had a good variety of customers of all ages it was a fast pace job that keep you on your toes .

Pros

staff discounts

Cons

long hrs

Awesome place to work

Awesome place to work. Management is great, staff discount is awesome, awesome products. In depth training plans, which is great to have everyone on the same page. Always a fun and enjoyable atmosphere , it doesnt feel like work most of the time.

Fast pace, friendly, happy atmosphere

A typical day was cleaning and sorting out stock, serving and engaging with customers, completing any tasks given by bosses, folding and sorting any merchandise within the store. What I learned within the time spent at Jay Jays was how to work in a fast pace environment. Dealing with customers on a busy day was stressful at first but now the pressure is easily dealt with by staying calm and cheerful. I also learnt how to do my own research about the pros and cons of new products so it is shared with customers who are willing to purchase and to show I know what I am selling to customers. Management within Jay Jays is great! The management team always made everything fun which made working for them not feel like a job. They never failed to let us know how we can improve and they always notified us what techniques are better to up sell and how to be better retail members. My co-workers were easy going and we always worked as a team to reach our budget every week. The most enjoyable part of the job was the working environment, the positive vibes I receive from my customers and co-workers made me a happy worker to be working for Jay Jays.

Pros

Friendly co-workers, positive working environment

Enjoyable place to work.

Start of day procedures, stock control, merchandising. Check promotions, price reductions, new stock. Move stock according to the promotion and the reduction (same price groups together). Customer service and acknowledgement was most important. Tidying of stock throughout the day. Clean fixtures and anything else which needed cleaning. End of day procedures, vacuum, tidy and balance register.

Pros

Relaxed environment, great stock and prices

Cons

Can't think of any

Great workplace, fun environment

Gained alot of experience, met amazing people. Loved going to work everyday.

Pros

50% off everything in store

Cons

not as many hours as would have liked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jay Jays. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Jay Jays with