Jay Jays

Jay Jays Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Sales Assistant14 reviews
Australia14 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Fun workplace but can be stressful at times

Fun workplace but can be stressful at times. Supportive higher management. Great for a first job. Would recommend doing research on the company before interview. Be prepared to be exhaust ed at the end of the day.

Pros

Saaff Discount

Cons

Physically demanding

It's an alright job, but not ideal if retail is your career.

This job is probably best if you are a uni student or work another job. Also great for a Christmas casual role as you'll get good hours and the store is busiest that time of year.Keep in mind, this is not a job you'll stay at for a long time. It's easy to get burned out. The managers especially work very hard to keep the store together, they don't get paid enough for the hard work they do.

Pros

Great staff at my store, 50% discount

Cons

Pay isn't great, Inconsistent hours as a casual, KPIs and targets can get ridiculous, Full day shifts can drag a lot, Staff discount applied ONLY to your home store and no other Jay Jays or Just Group store

Jay Jays insights

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things

Fun but stressful

Fun but stressful at times discount is good if you like the clothes. Get to work at other stores so you can meet more people when they need someone to fill in.

Its okay

It was an easy enough job, id you get along with people it'll be wasier. Its been so long since i worked there. Things could be different now.

Great work

excellent work environment. Great team! Easy to pick up on what needs to be done. Very much you and the customer bonding and getting to know them and what they like and what they are after.

Alright

The store was like a family. We all got along very well and the work environment was wonderful. I loved my Jay Jays fam. The management higher up however is absolutely appalling. Was told to quit instead of being given time off for a pre-booked holiday (I work for the company again but in a different branch and to explain my absence they processed the leave I initially asked for so it was basically pointless). Don't put too much faith in the regionals.

Love it

I love working in retail with amazing people and getting to learn about reaching our goals. I also love checking out the new brands and styles that are coming out

helped me work with money.

slow days fast nights. learned how to manage money and till work. funny boss. young bunch of people fun while it lasted. dealing with arrogant customers. working with young and fun people.

Pros

the money and experience

Cons

customers

Exhausting company to work for

I've met some great people working here, however many of the employees are overworked and aren't supported anywhere near as much as they should be. High standards are set, yet the time and necessities to achieve these standards are not supplied, coverage/ hours etc.

Pros

You get to meet some great people

Cons

Underappreciated and overworked

This is an awesome company to work for

Loved going to work daily this is where i learned my merchandising skills management was very supportive great environment to work in challenging part was being a store manager for 2 years enjoyed working with the team

Pros

great environment

Cons

store closing

its a great place to work, the staff are great and so easy to work with.

my management at the store have taken me on as a ppt, but have also given me much knowledge on how to further my career. The staff are great, they each have there own styles but they make it work with all staff, they are easy to talk with and have fun. the environment is well mature, happy and very positive.

Terrible Regional Management

The in-store staff are great, but the regionals are enough to make this job a nightmare. I never had a stable roster, my hours constantly were cut at the last second. Regional management don't give a second thought to how these cuts will affect their staff financially from week to week. I had two regional managers during my time; both were quite disrespectful and liked to micro-manage, even though they weren't very good with customers themselves. The job culture focuses more on driving a high UPT as opposed to ensuring customer satisfaction, thus meaning we were prompted to be overly pushy with customers which I saw first-hand as having a detrimental effect. In my induction shift at the CBD store, I was also conned into believing that I HAD to wear their products. In actual fact it was never on my contract that this was necessary. Even though I met great people in store and truly love interacting with customers, I would actively avoid working for the Just Group again.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Hours cut, pushy sales techniques, poor management.

Fun easy going company

Loved this job, The fashion , the staff, the management, the pay. Had the privilege of serving customers on a daily basis, Helping them with the correct clothing for different body shapes. Working in a country (this job was in Singleton) The people there were amazing. Daily banking and eft services. Laybys. Stock take.

Pros

everything

Cons

Being in Singleton

Friendly comfortable work environment

I enjoyed my time in this company .I felt needed a change in my career.I enjoyed meeting new people and talking to the general public.The team I worked with was fantastic and we all worked together to achieve maximum results.

Pros

my co workers

Cons

lack off customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jay Jays. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Jay Jays with