JB Hi-Fi Employee Reviews

Fun environment and excellent benefits
Telecommunications Consultant (Former Employee) –  Miranda NSW13 May 2018
This is a fun environment to work with, most people get along, hours can be flexible, and you get excellent discounts on a wide range of products in the store.
loved it - sorry i had to moe intersate
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  JBHIFI QLD9 May 2018
Repetitive.

Everyday is different.

Management are helpful,

Great environment to work in.

HR Queries - personal.

Knowing I have done my Job well.
Pros
Loved it so much-Discounts were good
Cons
Money-
Good People to work with but prefer younger crowd
Customer Service Advisor, Permanent Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Casuarina NT8 May 2018
Relatively easy place to work if you know your gadgets & telco plans. They're happy to share their knowledge & practises. Management very approachable & easy to get along with. Staff are mostly young kids but very knowledgeable & easy to get along with. Very difficult for advancement unless your a Top Gun Salesperson & young !
Pros
Staff Discounts
Cons
Unrealistic Budgets for country areas like cities
Nice staff and enjoyable place to work.
Media Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chatswood NSW3 May 2018
Nice colleagues and it's an enjoyable place to work. However, I feel like I'm not advancing my career there. I also work casual and would like more hours.
Pros
Staff discount, wear whatever clothes you want.
Cons
Difficult customers, on your feet all day.
Awesome
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Gravatt QLD30 April 2018
JB Hi-Fi is a fun and fast paced place to work! Keeps you on your toes all the time however, like all places, there are staff members that make things difficult. i found working at garden city was difficult as the staff did not talk to each other in terms of work so there was always a lot of confusion and unhappy customers
Amazing company, with some terrible stores
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Shepparton VIC11 April 2018
JB is an amazing company to work for - there are a lot of opportunities for advancement, great commission and incentives, and a wonderful casual and friendly atmosphere.

Be aware, however, that some stores fly under HR's radar and get away with some things you do not want to be involved with. This specific store has allowed illegal behaviour from staff, including drug possession and drug-taking, theft, and bullying and harassment. Several individuals have left this store due to mental health issues that have stemmed from poorly managed conflict between staff (including managers).

I encourage people to be a part of this awesome company, but not at this store. It's not worth the toxicity.
Pros
Great atmosphere in broader company, great payment scheme, supportive company
Cons
Some stores get away with (figurative) murder
Respect the company
Media Advisor/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cannington WA9 April 2018
I really enjoy working here. All my co workers introduced themselves to me when I started. Everyone greets me when I start work. Everyone has helped me out or given me tips. I got high fived by everyone when I had my first really good sales day. I love every day I work there. The managers are approachable. The thing I respect the most is the honesty. You admit you stuff up and move on.
Great team culture and fun place to work
Communications Sales Person (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 March 2018
Retail can really be a painful job, however JB HiFi is a fun place to work, with great opportunity to make good commission if you work hard. Casual and laid back with no strict formalities.
Excellent career option
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sunshine VIC22 March 2018
JB HIFI provides a comfortable place for you to grow as a person and as a worker. You learn quickly, are given ample opportunity and can build your career quickly and securely. The people and culture are supportive and you are pushed to do your best. The hardest part of the job is ensuring that you keep up with the customers, knowing what they want and ensuring you provide them with the full solution. I thoroughly enjoy this job and it is a great way to enjoy work!
Absolutely awesome work environment
Christmas sales (Former Employee) –  Canberra City ACT19 March 2018
Working as a Christmas casual, in the busiest store in Australia. I loved every second of it. Originally placed in accessories (a little boring) but a chance came around when I was moved into the storeroom. Where I really fell in love with JB.
Fantastic Crew and Work hours
Customer Service and Relations (Current Employee) –  Port Macquarie NSW19 March 2018
Working in software (DVDs CDs and Games) is awesome, with great customers, fantastic new products and great managers.
Sales can have its ups and downs but that is like any sales Job.
Pros
Staff Discounts
Great work environment
Storeperson (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 March 2018
Best place I have had emplyment. Fantastic people to work with that are willing to put in the extra effort to make it a fun and inviting place every day.
Favourite retailer
Counter Hand (Former Employee) –  Booragoon WA18 February 2018
I'm so thankful I have had the opportunity to work with my favourite retailer. VIP discounts would entail prices up to 50% off or more on selected items. I worked with a bubbly team and loved helping the Customers that came in store.
Pros
Wear what you want, great pay, bubbly team.
Cons
Couldn't offer me permanent employment.
Enjoyable Working Culture
JB-Hi-Fi Christmas Casual (Media Team) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 February 2018
The entire working environment of JB-Hi-Fi was very welcoming and approachable in the way in which its staff assisted one another in a range of different working conditions and scenarios.
Pros
Enjoyable Working Environment
gerneral work experience
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Cannington WA13 February 2018
Although I only worked at jb hifi for a few months for work experience there was a positive work ethic there and the co workers were friendly and very helpful at introducing me into the workplace
Great bunch of people!
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Craigieburn VIC10 February 2018
Very positive and comfortable environment to work in. Management genuinely care about their employees and they show that to you in the workplace. Staff discounts are always nice too!
Very productive, fun and organised
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hervey Bay QLD30 January 2018
JB Hi Fi is extremely organised,and the managers are always trying to finish tasks efficiently. It was a very fast-paced environment where I learned so many new skills, made some new friends and worked in a professional environment.
Best retail store to work at
Christmas Casual Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC4 January 2018
Great, fun loving and out going people employed at JB. The days are never boring with the different types of customers that come in and the people you get to work with. Very happy and upbeat place
Fun
Media Advisor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 December 2017
Great job to have if you’re studying and need something cAsual, even better if you share a love for the product and want to workyour way up in the company
Fun, friendly atmosphere to work in
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cairns QLD18 December 2017
I love my job and all the staff at JBHifi. I enjoy going in to work everyday and look forward to it.
My job as an admin is very demanding and requires good time management.
JB as a company are great to work for.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Not enough hours