JB Hi-Fi Employee Reviews

Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Midland WA4 May 2019
JBHIFI was an amazing place to work, the only reason I left was because due to my financial circumstances I couldn't afford it. The staff and management were all very supportive and the training was very good, I was very sad to leave.
Generally productive placce to work with a good atmosphere
Stock management, rotation, and product placement (Former Employee) –  Chermside QLD4 April 2019
Most days were minimal in terms of work, spreading the work you had across the day was a good way to make sure you had something to do the whole day. The other staff members were very friendly and always willing to help each other out.
Best Place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT3 April 2019
What a company and the branch I worked for.
The best so far that I came across.
Busy always .
New products ,diverse range of people to deal with and great work life balance.
fun environment, great people
Media Advisor (Current Employee) –  Narellan NSW26 March 2019
This was my first ever job, and I could not recommend working with JBHIFI more strongly to anyone. There is a lot of negative stigma surrounding the company but every single person I have met throughout my time with JB have been absolutely lovely and more than willing to accommodate for my busy uni schedule. Pay for casual isn't amazing, but definitely gets better the older you are and the higher up you are in the company.
Terrible management
Media Advisor (Former Employee) –  Castle Hill NSW15 March 2019
Absolutely terrible management and literally everyone is a titled as a “manager” and treats casuals inferior. If you are looking for a friendly environment to work in, look somewhere else. The only good thing about working here is the discounts.
Culture between stuff was great
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Ipswich QLD7 March 2019
The culture was very chilled and playful, stuff were always easy to get along with. Management wasn't fantastic. allowed to Take your breaks whenever.
Boring place to work
Part-time Media (Current Employee) –  Cranbourne VIC7 March 2019
Management are very lazy, and they don’t care about the staff.
To have a weekend off, you need to take annual leave, managers hate when you ask to swap shifts with other staff.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
No weekends ever
great company, management can be questionable
Sales (Current Employee) –  Macquarie Centre NSW12 February 2019
typical day, come in to work have a chat with all the employees before work. Everyone's very friendly and cheerful to talk too. in terms of training pretty good learnt a lot about sales and how to talk to customers/ clients to get the most out of every sale. The biggest down side for me was rostering, in terms of not being able to get enough shifts due to over staffing. Even when hitting budgets and sales targets ect.
Pros
commission and other staff members
Cons
rostering / shifts
The staff keep the place running
Sales & Administration (Former Employee) –  Queensland9 February 2019
I loved working for JB HiFi, the management were always questionable, the company were always changing procedures that never worked on the floor. But the staff always worked together and were a great team in every store. Thats what made it great.
Enjoyable workplace
Sales (Former Employee) –  Cannington WA4 February 2019
Working at JB HiFi was fun, entertaining and helped me gain experience in customer service and somewhat enjoy it. Very easy going but also quite strict too.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
N/a
Depends on your store/ manager
Sales (Former Employee) –  Perth WA4 February 2019
I worked in 2 different stores when I was with JB. Both had their perks but overall they're not what I would consider a career brand.
Make your cash and move on. There's little flexibility when it comes to hours (as with most retail). You're there when they need you and that's it. Negative reenforcement is a standard tactic and a common motivator among management which was nice facing up to for 4 years. enjoy.
Pros
Pays well for average work
Cons
Cut-throat and ignorant management at the top-end.
Effective and efficient
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Mango Hill QLD4 February 2019
The job was new to me but i enjoyed a lot of it including the learning curve but there was alot of guidance and support from everyone and it was an enjoyable work place
good 1st job for experience
Storeman (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD28 January 2019
Enjoyed the job for 1st job while at high school working casually, had the opportunity to learn how stock control was managed and use of the forklift wave machine for loading stock..
Horrible Management is all i have to say
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 January 2019
When i got hired, didn't even get a tour around. My employee number TDC didn't work. Wouldn't of got paid, if i didn't tell them to fix.

Management is the most horrific experience i ever had. Managers there always leave things half completed. They don't promise what they say they will do. They don't even have management qualifications. They got hired there because they've been working there for a long period. One of the managers always bully me. Glad she got fired. I think the JB-HI-FI store that i work is generally the worse JB -HI-FI in my city.

People that train me expect u to know everything on your 3rd shift. One trainer will tell me to do this and then when i do it, i get in trouble by a different trainer saying "you're doing it wrong" like wtf? its not my fault i have 4 trainers teaching me at the same time. No wonder this store is short on staff. Because people quit..for the good
Pros
Developed my Customer Service Skills
Cons
Bad management
Super fun work environment, opportunity to earn big!
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Morayfield QLD9 January 2019
Best work place I have worked in, during my entire employed career thus far.
Staff are super knowledgeable and willing to help out and train.
Always looking to push your abilities.
Pros
Sales team are awesome, always opportunity to earn big
Cons
Management have no care for personal matters, set unrealistic budgets.
Loved every second
Media Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fyshwick ACT19 December 2018
JB is like a giant family! I loved working here. The culture is very chill and friendly but at the same time everyone has wonderful work ethic. My manager was such a close friend and worked so hard. Customers are (usually) friendly and the job has such great perks. I would suggest working at JB for anyone who loves customer services, a tight team and lots of fun!
Pros
Amazing staff discounts, great team, cool environment
Cons
Long hours, always on your feet
Great earning potential
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Midland WA26 November 2018
Continues training provided and incentivised for staff. Never a dull moment, constant action all day, rarely ever left with nothing to do except after periods of big foot traffic i.e Boxing Day sales, Black Friday Sales.
Pros
Great staff discounts
Cons
Long hours, angry customers
Accepting, non discrimitive workplace.
Media Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 November 2018
Great place to meet life long friends and like minded people. Put my heart and soul into this company for 4 years.
Management make promises they can't keep and are not willing to help or listen to staff overwhelmed with the workloads.
They have lack of staff in their stores to cut costs but it puts a tole on staffs mental health.
Pros
Great products and non-discrmitive workplace
Cons
lack of staff, customer abuse
really fun
Media advisor (Former Employee) –  carousel29 October 2018
it was really fun working there, good environment, good vibes, everyone is friendly and supportive. tasks include: pricing items, stocking shelves, and customer service.
great company ,powerful culure
Qld /NT Commercial State Manager (Former Employee) –  Queensland14 October 2018
Building relationships across many verticals to add value to solution sales.
Interaction with key warehouse staff and store managers.
Supporting BDM and account mangers to achieve profitable sales across Education,B2B, B2C, Government, Mining, SME,
Pros
People
Cons
Suppliers not having stock in Australia