JB Hi-Fi

JB Hi-Fi Employee Reviews in Brisbane QLD

Brisbane QLD18 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Can be really good

Jbhifi in the right store with the right team can be a really fun rewarding company.It did change over the years with push more towards sales and a switch up of positions. higher ups did have a tendancy to just swap your home store which was quite frustrating, especially if you lived close by to your current store and all of a sudden had to drive half way accross Brisbane.

Pros

Very friendly

Cons

If you're not a top sales person, you're not important.

Encouraging environment with opportunities for growth

Working at JB Hi Fi was an amazing experience. I always felt that someone had your back and there were many opportunities to help out with other departments and learn new things

JB Hi-Fi insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager

Enjoyable

Excellent people, generally nice customers. With a wide variety of roles and responsibilities I was able to learn new skills. Management was good, coworkers nice.

intuitive and convivial work environment

My minimal work experience with JB-HI-Fi was a informative and extremely engaging one. I was shown around and quickly placed under excellent supervision and overal had a very fun week of work experience

Pros

excellent staff and training

Cons

non

productive

is a really good place for work have a great time on this place, i learn many different thing the management is easy going and if you need something just ask

good management

its a good work place with good wages structure.management is very helpful. never really had any tough times with any employess. everone is pretty happy and chilled out .

good 1st job for experience

Enjoyed the job for 1st job while at high school working casually, had the opportunity to learn how stock control was managed and use of the forklift wave machine for loading stock..

Accepting, non discrimitive workplace.

Great place to meet life long friends and like minded people. Put my heart and soul into this company for 4 years. Management make promises they can't keep and are not willing to help or listen to staff overwhelmed with the workloads. They have lack of staff in their stores to cut costs but it puts a tole on staffs mental health.

Pros

Great products and non-discrmitive workplace

Cons

lack of staff, customer abuse

Positive and fun environment, really nice and caring staff

I was only there for work experience a couple years ago, but everyone was really nice, helpful and inclusive. The job wasn't overwhelming and we were able to carry out daily tasks without any trouble. We were not taken advantage of for our free services and it was an overall great experience and a great environment to be a part of.

Australia's Leading Electronics Retailer

Genuinely a casual and entertaining work environment to work in. Be aware you will be held to sales targets if you are on the floor and depending on your geographic and demographic location this can affect you. Exciting products, new and trendy items for you to pair with customer's needs.

Pros

new, hip, casual, entertaining

Cons

sometimes unrealistic demands, management

great place to work

I enjoyed working for this organisation as the training they provide is invalualbe. they are all team players and deliver exceptional customer service.

Pros

everything

Cons

nothing

Staff over worked

Very little understanding of store operation from upper management. They like to keep stores very understaff and always expect more.

Busy atmosphere selling cutting edge technology, mixed with the colour and vibrancy of pop culture

My Job in JB Hifi is all about helping customers in areas of Music and Film, ordering and maintaining a Film section which customers can . Being an important bridge between the customer and access to Popular culture. I manage a small team of individuals to achieve budgets and maintain company standards of merchandising and organisation. JB Hifi is a very productive and busy store and as such a normal day is very fast paced and every changing. My most enjoyable part of the job is two fold: Creating a stimulating and ever-changing environment for customers to shop in. Giving my utmost aid in helping the Consumer find and locate favourite movies, new favourite TV shows, and hoping my diligence continues to bring in both new and repeat customers.

Pros

Personality and Creativity is Harnessed.

Cons

Loyalty and Successes not rewarded.

Reputable company with amazing products and amazing staff

A typical day would start with a morning meeting, all staff attending, to run over figures from the previous day, budgets to achieve on the day and goals on how we can achieve them. We would share fun facts, things we did on our days off, new upcoming brands or new items that were coming in. This helped morale in store and would allow us to start the day on a fun and positive note. We would then focus on sales, goals and budgets that needed to be met and general housekeeping and merchandising of the store. The culture was generally good and some of the people I worked with were exceptional humans who I value dearly even after leaving the company to pursue a life in Dubai.

Pros

Made great friends and staff discounts were pretty nice

Cons

The pay was hard after 8 years of mining

Productive fast paced environment

Morning staff meetings then set up displays all over the store. I learned how to work in a fast pace environment and to multitask with serving customers while answering the phone. JB has at least 3 to 4 managers and each department has its own coordinator. my co workers were all friendly and very helpful with any questions i had about the job i was given. hardest part of the job was working under pressure but i eventually got use to it. the most enjoyable would be all the store discounts i get it made shopping for x mas presents much easier and cheaper.

Pros

Discounts and decent lunch breaks

Cons

Good atmosphere with friendly working culture.

my review about the company is that it is very flexible with chilling atmosphere, with friendly staff and good working environment with multicultural people.

Pros

Free transportation

Cons

Salary is less

Productive and fun workplace

A typical day at work was getting instructions from my supervisor and carrying them out. I did anything form dusting to receiving stock. I learned how to process stock. my co-workers were very nice and helped me to become familiar with the store is such a short time. The hardest part of the job was maintaining and rearranging the display stock. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around video games and like-minded people.

Pros

Free work experience, getting to be around video games and the nice staff.

Amazing culture and company to work for.

I couldn't have asked for a more amazing team and job during my time at JB Hi-Fi and would strongly recommend working with them to anyone. It's a great, friendly and motivating culture.

Pros

Friendly and supportive team members, attractive salary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JB Hi-Fi. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare JB Hi-Fi with