JB Hi-Fi

JB Hi-Fi Employee Reviews in Perth WA

Perth WA7 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Great for young adults with studies

Had a great time working with the company and was treated fairly. The hours from day to day were always what I asked and needed and management were really helpful training me. Always ask questions, they will answer and will not bite.

Good benefits, not so great culture and lacking in organisation.

While I don't believe my experience is in any way universal, I found my time at JB Hi-Fi to be severely disappointing. Great benefits and a lot of awesome people you work with. But there was a constant passive-aggressive culture there, largely over the radio system, that while I never was on the receiving end of, ended up being distracting and morale lowering.My main issue, however, was a lack of proper, comprehensive training for my role. Which often left me with inadequate knowledge to properly do my job. While many were helpful, I asked numerous times for proper training only to never get it. With already shaky casual job security, I believe this lack of training led to me falling out of favour in terms of shifts when the store wasn't in a busy period.

Pros

Great benefits and discounts, free snacks in busy periods, many great co-workers.

Cons

Shaky job security for casuals, lack of practical training, passive-aggressive culture.

JB Hi-Fi insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager

Jb hi fi

Great company to work form and the staff were every lovely and the customer wore amazing it was such a great experience i would work for then again ..

Depends on your store/ manager

I worked in 2 different stores when I was with JB. Both had their perks but overall they're not what I would consider a career brand. Make your cash and move on. There's little flexibility when it comes to hours (as with most retail). You're there when they need you and that's it. Negative reenforcement is a standard tactic and a common motivator among management which was nice facing up to for 4 years. enjoy.

Pros

Pays well for average work

Cons

Cut-throat and ignorant management at the top-end.

fun workplace

very friendly working environment , i learnt many skills on selling certain products and how to close sell. was great learning new skills. the management was always new managers though would be better having steady managers. the most enjoyable is when its busy and i get to sell lots of other products not just in my section as i was in tvs mainly.

Lively atmosphere

Never dull, always something new coming in. Exciting products that you get to see before the public. Good environment for the young and young at heart.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Constantly changing hours

Good environment, good people.

Receive stock, check invoices. Process internet,commercial and insurance orders. Organise and keep the storeroom tidy. Ship orders to customers and transfer stock to other stores. I've learnt a lot about the retail industry and efficient time management. The management are great and all the staff members as well. The hardest part is moving the heavier items. The most enjoyable part for myself is working in a team as it's an aspect i've always enjoyed.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Nothing really

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JB Hi-Fi. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare JB Hi-Fi with