JB Hi-Fi

Customer Service Representative21 reviews
Australia21 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

It was good

It was good and I loved working here. I had minimum training and it was only busy during Christmas season. I learned how to use the machines and loved talking to the staff members

Really good!

Casual fun and a great place to work! Pay is great, staff discount even better. No uniform and just an overall great place to work!

JB Hi-Fi insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager

Highly recommend working here

Productive & fun work place with amazing colleagues at headoffice. I’ve been hired as a Christmas casual & since then i have been working atleast 32hrs per week. It is definitely busy but it’s amazing team to work with. They are all very friendly & helpful. I would recommend anybody who has retail/telco/customer service experience to apply at JB. The manager is pretty flexible & understands everyone very well. The staff discounts are the best.

Pros

Staff discounts, friendly team

Counter sales

Customer service, enjoying my day at work, good management. always going to learn something new and not knowing what the next day will encounter. enjoyable part meeting new people

Pros

Good team members

Cons

pay

Horrible Management is all i have to say

When i got hired, didn't even get a tour around. My employee number TDC didn't work. Wouldn't of got paid, if i didn't tell them to fix. Management is the most horrific experience i ever had. Managers there always leave things half completed. They don't promise what they say they will do. They don't even have management qualifications. They got hired there because they've been working there for a long period. One of the managers always bully me. Glad she got fired. I think the JB-HI-FI store that i work is generally the worse JB -HI-FI in my city. People that train me expect u to know everything on your 3rd shift. One trainer will tell me to do this and then when i do it, i get in trouble by a different trainer saying "you're doing it wrong" like wtf? its not my fault i have 4 trainers teaching me at the same time. No wonder this store is short on staff. Because people quit..for the good

Pros

Developed my Customer Service Skills

Cons

Bad management

Good People to work with but prefer younger crowd

Relatively easy place to work if you know your gadgets & telco plans. They're happy to share their knowledge & practises. Management very approachable & easy to get along with. Staff are mostly young kids but very knowledgeable & easy to get along with. Very difficult for advancement unless your a Top Gun Salesperson & young !

Pros

Staff Discounts

Cons

Unrealistic Budgets for country areas like cities

Fantastic Crew and Work hours

Working in software (DVDs CDs and Games) is awesome, with great customers, fantastic new products and great managers. Sales can have its ups and downs but that is like any sales Job.

Pros

Staff Discounts

Relaxed and fun environment to work in

I have enjoyed my time with JBHIFI and love the people I work with. They are conscious of your wellbeing both mentally and physically. I have gained a lot of skills during my time with the company. Probably the hardest part of the job mentally is dealing with the public however I do enjoy interacting with all sorts of people. Most fun part of the job is we have a lot of laughs and I personally enjoy meeting people from all walks of life and the staff are not just work mates but friends.

Pros

job security

Cons

irate customers at times

Better company to work

Very good work culture. Managers are good . Lots opportunity to learn . Smart staff discount . Good development and training . Skills building up on technology Opportunity to learn about technology.

A very fun workplace, unfortunately I was only a Christmas Casual

The management were all very kind and great people, as well as other staff members. They really look after their staff members as a family would. The atmosphere is casual and fun and a great place to be.

Jobs at JB Hi-Fi

Customer Service Representative positions
See more jobs

Fun, Friendly and awesome enviornment

Friendly and fun work environment. The team members we're very nice and welcoming and everyone helped each other out which made work more fun and enjoyable. The customers always seemed happy and friendships were also made between member and customers and it was an overall great work family. Everyone worked hard and everything was always organised and clean.

Pros

Discounts on products

Cons

A demanding but non-challenging environment

The typical workday involves assisting customers with inquiries and finding the most appropriate product for that customer's needs. The store must be maintained and new stock must be labeled and packed away. Management seems fair, but uses a system to judge the performance of staff based on factors that are outside of an employee's control. There is minimal intellectual challenge in the environment. Co-workers range from helpful to cut throat. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist customers by imparting useful knowledge and identifying a product to suit that customer's needs. The hardest part of the job is being performance managed based on many factors outside of an employee's control.

Pros

The amount of walking required is a fairly decent way to stay in shape

Cons

Unfair performance criteria and having to deal with customers with very negative attitudes

Fun and friendly diverse working environment

Great place to work, fun team vibe and the pay is good. The only drawback for me was the lack of full time positions available

Pros

employee discount

Cons

not enough shifts

Fun

A typical day for me was restocking shelves and/or working behind cashier. I'd help customers if need be around store and every so often we would do stock take.

Good atmosphere with friendly working culture.

my review about the company is that it is very flexible with chilling atmosphere, with friendly staff and good working environment with multicultural people.

Pros

Free transportation

Cons

Salary is less

Productive and fun workplace

typical day at work was good. i learnt how to barcode, fill stock, fill shelves and heaps more. the most enjoyable part about the job was the other workers being nice and friendly

Fast paced, postive managment

From the start of the day, the team is brought together, everyone begins serving customers with positive energy. My experience with management was great, always willing to stop to help with my questions to begin with and then always motivating and praising good work.

Pros

getting to play with new technology

Cons

sometimes busy days can be draining

Great fun working environment

I have really enjoyed working at JB-HI-FI Coffs harbour. I like the fast pace of everything, I like meeting new customers and making their shopping experiences fun and enjoyable. There are also great benefits, such as store discounts and working with such an awesome energetic team.

Pros

employee store discounts

Cons

not enough regular stable shifts

Small Appliances

Very good team to work for always willing to help you encourage further team focus to achieve JB HIFI goals.

Fun

Always a fun positive day. I learned how to manage in an extremely busy environment.

Great

Was Great working their. learnt good customer service practices. Co-workers were easy going.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JB Hi-Fi. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare JB Hi-Fi with

• JB Hi-Fi
  • Customer Service Representative
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?