JB Hi-Fi

JB Hi-Fi Employee Reviews for Media Manager

Media Manager4 reviews
Australia4 reviews

Great people to work with

JB is a fast paced environment with the main focus on customer service and sales. The people that work in the stores are the reason going to work was easy everyday and the support from team members was excellent.

Busy atmosphere selling cutting edge technology, mixed with the colour and vibrancy of pop culture

My Job in JB Hifi is all about helping customers in areas of Music and Film, ordering and maintaining a Film section which customers can . Being an important bridge between the customer and access to Popular culture. I manage a small team of individuals to achieve budgets and maintain company standards of merchandising and organisation. JB Hifi is a very productive and busy store and as such a normal day is very fast paced and every changing. My most enjoyable part of the job is two fold: Creating a stimulating and ever-changing environment for customers to shop in. Giving my utmost aid in helping the Consumer find and locate favourite movies, new favourite TV shows, and hoping my diligence continues to bring in both new and repeat customers.

Pros

Personality and Creativity is Harnessed.

Cons

Loyalty and Successes not rewarded.

Encouraging, Fun, Excellent training and up skilling of management

A day at JB HI-FI for part of the management team would be spent keeping the staff motivated, keeping control of customer service, maintaining rosters to accommodate budgets. Having a great deal of love for the products we sell and delivering the best customer service in the retail industry. Being part of the team quickly becomes a family.

Pros

Working with a fantastic company

Used to be fun, now boys club mentality with little recognition of hard work

As a Media Manager, the role is largely thankless, yet the expectations are almost insurmountable. Unlike the Store Manager or Sales Manager roles, there are no financial incentives, which does not correlate with the responsibilities. As an MM, you are responsible for the CD, DVD, Games, and Accessories departments as well as the counter. All merchandising is your responsibility, as well as daily monitoring of KPIs and weekly budget targets. You are also required to roster appropriately and it is paramount to learn effective delegation and recognise people's strengths.. The hardest part of the job was seeing others do less whilst reaping the rewards of a generous commission structure or bonuses for management. As well as the expectation to fulfil all the duties of an SM on occasion for no extra credit The most enjoyable part was sharing your passions for media with the customers. What I learned was that it has become a popularity contest and political minefield, and if you're not with the IN crowd, then you are well and truly ostracised.

Pros

you have a job, some of the people are amazing

Cons

everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JB Hi-Fi. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare JB Hi-Fi with