JB Hi-Fi

Retail Sales Associate21 reviews
Australia21 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Competitive Environment but decent support

You are expected to hit certain goals and reach your KPIs but you do receive training through 1 on 1 meetings with your sales manager. Overall good for the resume but not if you get stressed easily.

Good place to work as a uni student, as well as a good place to understand sales

JB Hi-Fi, is a good uni student job, where you are able to learn the key skills for sales, teamwork and merchandising correctly. However, this job does become laborious and repetitive during work, as you approach customers, go through the sales process which has been taught during coaching, and then you proceed to use these strategies within sales pitches to customers. However, if you do underperform on a weekly basis, your performance is criticised harshly and they make plans to make you perform better. Overall this is a job, where you as the sales person, have to be able to overcome rejection and objection from customers and management. If you are able to overcome such obstacles this will allow for you to benefit from this job regarding both salary and commission rewards.

JB Hi-Fi insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager

Play full place with good vibes

Great bunch of people good environment great atmosphere and always there for the customers jb are There for the people nd there staff would love to return again one day

Pros

2 10min breaks 1/2 lunch break

Fun workplace, good discounts and uncapped commision. But terrible management

I just want to start out by saying the coworkers throughout JB hi-fi in general are great. It's a good place to make friends and have like minded people come together. It's nice to be informed of new stock and deals happening. Good discounts and uncapped commision as a salesperson is quite nice too. But management, by God. Management. I've been through a few jobs in my time but I have never come across such disrespectful and petty managers before. And not just towards me, I've seen how they treat others, Ive heard them speak about others in such a horrible way. I worked through a couple of JB stores and while not every manager is like this a good majority are. It's a very either you're a favourite or you're someone else sort of work environment. If you decide to work here, have some iron skin, don't take it to heart, don't doubt your abilities and job security after one screw up. Hold your head high and just know that you're just dealing with a C*** of a manager. I had to leave because I couldn't deal with it any longer

Pros

Good commision, great coworkers and good discounts

Cons

Management, lack of training.

Best Company I’ve ever worked for

Incredible company to work for! Management is great! They are helpful and always work with you so you can improve at your job. The JB team is more like a family!

ok

jb hifi is a cult place once you are in its a good place to start any retail job traing is good management ok teaching of merc and so on is good and staff are ok

Team Environment

Very team orientated work place which always creates a fun environment at every shift. Manaages always making sure your doing well and assisting staff where necessary.

fun, interesting

loved working at jbhifi since there was loads of nice staff, got along and made friends. was very fast paced at times. hardest part was geting on the phone since i had bad anxiety on phones

Great place to learn skills and selling productions

From being a JB it has given me the chance to test myself and also improve my way to sell and get productions to customers. Also working in cameras lets me explore in the filled that I enjoy the most as being a Freelancer as well and means more to sell a product that you, yourself enjoy as well.

It was a fun place to work

during the work experience it gave me a good knowledge of how things work. It gave me enough time to have a break and continue to stack shelves. The work experience that i was given has allowed me to gain a better understanding of what i need to work on with my next jobs.

Mostly overworked with minimal pay

You would usually be asked to do things even outside your work description with minimal or no extra reward/pay/recognition. I guess this falls to specific store management rather than the entire company culture.

Great team, easy job & great customers!

Management needed a lot of improvement, other than that, the job was easily adaptable! Targets were easy to achieve most weeks, other weeks not so easy due to low customer traffic. However, that's the nature of the game!

Pros

Great work environment!

Cons

Low customer count more often then we wanted.

Fun place to work, got along with everybody

I personally loved working here, I have many friends who I have grown close too. It was hard at first getting to know everyone but finally at the end I got through it all.

Pros

Discount

Cons

great environment and learning avenue

worked here for almost 5 years now and have learnt so much about the retail industry and sales. I've done counter sales, merchandising and admin work and would highly recommend all of the above. salary is good and perks are great. great culture and environment. Met lifelong friends throughout my years working at JB

Pros

perks! discounts on all items

Cons

long hours, loud atmosphere, stressful at times.

great place to work

I enjoyed working for this organisation as the training they provide is invalualbe. they are all team players and deliver exceptional customer service.

Pros

everything

Cons

nothing

Fast paced, but great

Fast paced, but great. Friendly co-workers, and a great employee workflow. Pay is very good, and staff discounts were great.

Pros

Good culture and pay

Cons

Very competitive

the most great environment to work in

i spend a wonderful days at jb hi fi with the team, it was like a second family to me, the management was great to every employer and they always support us and help us when we need them . the hardest part of the job was seeing the customer walking out with unhappy face because he couldn't find something he likes in our store, we do enjoy our time when we do the best by helping the customer all the time

Reputable company with amazing products and amazing staff

A typical day would start with a morning meeting, all staff attending, to run over figures from the previous day, budgets to achieve on the day and goals on how we can achieve them. We would share fun facts, things we did on our days off, new upcoming brands or new items that were coming in. This helped morale in store and would allow us to start the day on a fun and positive note. We would then focus on sales, goals and budgets that needed to be met and general housekeeping and merchandising of the store. The culture was generally good and some of the people I worked with were exceptional humans who I value dearly even after leaving the company to pursue a life in Dubai.

Pros

Made great friends and staff discounts were pretty nice

Cons

The pay was hard after 8 years of mining

Decent work environment

Solid working environment, with a casual attitude to dress as long as you were neat. 8/8 would work there again. Typical work day was about 10-12 hours, usually would serve 20-30 customers during weekdays, more during the weekend. Boxing day was chaotic but reasonably managed.

Jb hi-fi

I loved everything about JB it was sad i had to leave to care for my sick mother with cancer

Great Working Environment with great people

Great job, great teammates to work with in a broad and fast moving environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JB Hi-Fi. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare JB Hi-Fi with