JB Hi-Fi

JB Hi-Fi Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate

Seasonal Associate21 reviews
Australia21 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

It was fun and fast paced

Working at JB HiFi was a fun and fast paced experience. It is a very highly energetic workplace that is friendly. As such, I would recommend people be themselves when applying for a job there.

Bad management and corporate

I worked here as a Christmas casual and was not given a shift for two months after Boxing Day. Was told I was almost certain to be kept on as a casual, was not contacted during those two months when I was still on my contract. I went in every few weeks just to check in and let them know that I was available whenever they needed me, was told I’d be called. Never got a call. Not even when my contact was over. Never called me to say that I wasn’t being kept on. I’ve heard other stories like this. It’s a great work environment if your managers like you, if they don’t I’d be very worried and job security

Cons

Bad managers and corperate

JB Hi-Fi insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager

One manager can ruin your work experience here

I was a Xmas casual for a busy South East suburb store and I was initially excited. The workplace is great because of the fun, lively and quirky co workers and other managers but my experience with one manager made it sour. On my second day I made a mistake on putting a warranty on a product that was not meant to be included. He had a group of people watching me as he told me my mistake and left a final note saying "I hope you know the damage you have done." In front of everyone and the person who's sale I have messed up. Never have I felt such unprofessionalism from a manager and spite. I found out later the process was reversible and could be undone in a few hours...On top of that is the +30 min wait time you put customers on hold because you're only limited and trained to ONE area (eg: if a customer needed assistance in the games area and you work in the music area, you must radio-in a request for a co-worker in games rather than helping the customer immediately and cutting waiting time).Overall became a bad working experience and I was stressed out after every shift because of them.

Pros

Great discounts, busy and fast paced (time can go really fast), lively environment

Cons

Time consuming requests on the radio, bad management, can be full-on with little time to rest, limited learning

Productive and fun workplace

Genuine work environment and managers, need to be extrovert in order to help the customers. Learning the ways of the floor is easy and is an easy process.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Non

Surrounded by technology, friendly faces and a chill environment with awesome in-store discounts

as far as being a christmas casual, the typical day has you dealing with customers on a regular bases, if your not dealing with customers, your dealing with paperwork / or setting up for the next customers. i was working as a cashier and having to deal with 30 people in line all at once can be challenging. there is alottttt of multitasking, taking calls during a busy time, sending info around and asking questions is intense. greeting customers and making sure your doing the right thing is crucial. one muck up and you anger a customer and delay them (not checking the price tag before confirming the purchase). there is a system in place at JB that's easy to follow and takes care of everything. though it can be extremely difficult to keep up with the intense work, the members at work will always look out for you and support you when you ask. my experience with management was pretty good, there was a looming feeling of doom if you did something wrong because it costs the business but there generally nice people who are professional at what they do. there is alot to enjoy at JB, the back and forth between colleagues preparing customers for you, hoards of people buying interesting items, the variety of customers and regular faces, the challenge of being in a busy environment, the rewarding satisfaction you get when you see a person leave with an item happily. theres alot of stuff involved but if the staff prices don't interest you then just observing the people while you work is enough to make you value diversity.

Pros

Staff Discounts, good vibes, awesome colleagues.

Cons

Exhausting, taking your break is on you (you don't get paid during break time)

Productive and fun workplace

A normal day at work was very calm, even though the day would get busy later on, the team would manage to be able to work together and get through rough busy hours as a team! Everyone would congratulate each other at the end of a day, warm goodbyes and hellos from everyone!

Encouraging environment with opportunities for growth

Working at JB Hi Fi was an amazing experience. I always felt that someone had your back and there were many opportunities to help out with other departments and learn new things

Relaxed workplace

I absolutely loved working at Jb Hi Fi it was such a shame that my christmas casual contract ended and I could not continue working there, but I definitely would recommend to people working there.

Pros

Cons

Always on your feet

Fun, Fast Paced Work Environment

JB HiFi is a fun fast paced work environment, and I have loved my time here. Unfortunately now that the Christmas rush has died off there are not enough shifts to make a living off, despite being kept on as a Casual.

I worked at JB HI FI as a Christmas casual. I enjoyed my time there, I was hoping to obtain employment afterwards, but being a Christmas casual, that was all the role was, staff discounts were great.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at JB Hi-Fi?

Culture between stuff was great

The culture was very chilled and playful, stuff were always easy to get along with. Management wasn't fantastic. allowed to Take your breaks whenever.

enjoyable, welcoming, accepting , productive

working at Jb Hi FI was very enjoyable it was nice to work in an environment where everyone was accepting and helpful, i felt very welcome and was excited to come into work every day.

Pros

being around things i love like music and movies being able to talk about them and sell them.

Cons

standing on feet for long hours

Awesome

JB Hi-Fi is a fun and fast paced place to work! Keeps you on your toes all the time however, like all places, there are staff members that make things difficult. i found working at garden city was difficult as the staff did not talk to each other in terms of work so there was always a lot of confusion and unhappy customers

Enjoyable Working Culture

The entire working environment of JB-Hi-Fi was very welcoming and approachable in the way in which its staff assisted one another in a range of different working conditions and scenarios.

Pros

Enjoyable Working Environment

Best retail store to work at

Great, fun loving and out going people employed at JB. The days are never boring with the different types of customers that come in and the people you get to work with. Very happy and upbeat place

Good Pay with Good People

As a storeperson, work is relatively fast paced and interaction with customers are medium to high depending on peek hours. Friendly environment with best staff discounts

Christmas Casuals, great for experience in retail

It was challenging in that the chance for permanent positions was slim. I was unable to get a part time contract as there was little flexibility with their roster. However, in my time it was a great experience.

Pros

Great insight into storefront retail

Cons

Limited flexibility from them

Productive fast paced environment

Morning staff meetings then set up displays all over the store. I learned how to work in a fast pace environment and to multitask with serving customers while answering the phone. JB has at least 3 to 4 managers and each department has its own coordinator. my co workers were all friendly and very helpful with any questions i had about the job i was given. hardest part of the job was working under pressure but i eventually got use to it. the most enjoyable would be all the store discounts i get it made shopping for x mas presents much easier and cheaper.

Pros

Discounts and decent lunch breaks

Cons

nice people to work with

nice place to work and theres great people that to and talk to if you need help or if you have questions. the hardest thing was when the customers came in waves and you feel like you needed to get them through ion a hurry, but that didn't take away from the experience that working for JBHIFI gave me.

Pros

great hours

Cons

hard to find your self on the roster to see when you are on

Fast paced, customer interaction - No training given.

A typical day focused around the service of customers in the store's Computer section. My job was to inform customers as to which models of computer, tablet or accessories would best suit their needs and where possible, upsell accessories. I did enjoy learning about the various models we offered, but this was of my own initiative and research, no actual training was offered, nor were company policies outlined which led to frustration on my behalf as I tried to fulfil my role as best I could.

Pros

Fun, customer-service based

Cons

No training, no support from management.

Productive and fun workplace with friendly co-workers

Working at JBHIFI was an amazing experience with friendly people and always something to do. I was a cashier and phone attendant and helped out wherever I could. The management was great and always friendly towards me.

Pros

Kind people who shared the same likes as me, discounts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JB Hi-Fi. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare JB Hi-Fi with

• JB Hi-Fi
  • Seasonal Associate
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?