JB Hi-Fi
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

JB Hi-Fi Pay & Benefits reviews

Australia224 reviews
After a while, the workplace becomes a bit repetitive. If management doesn't personally like you, they will police you harder than other people. The benefits of the staff discounts are amazing however.
Jb hifi is a good place to start your working life since it's quite easy to get into but the salary just didn't cut it for me, job security is pretty great if your happy with an average pay.
They expect you to be an expert at tech stuff and high pressure performance but don't pay you to be that. Always threaten to be managed out if you don't hit a predicted sales target. No pay review for time spent in the company!
It's not worth moving up into the company as you will only be working your way into a regular wage.
really good workplace management
all team members are great and get all along well and really accepting

great team benefits and place for advancement
Esperienza ottima per una crescita professionale.
MI occupavo di accompagnare il cliente all acquisto di prodotti tecnologici che più facevano al caso.
Pros
Buono stipendio
Cons
Monotonia
Retail can really be a painful job, however JB HiFi is a fun place to work, with great opportunity to make good commission if you work hard. Casual and laid back with no strict formalities.
I love my job and all the staff at JBHifi. I enjoy going in to work everyday and look forward to it.
My job as an admin is very demanding and requires good time management.

JB as a company are great to work for.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Not enough hours
I was only at JB over Christmas, and whilst that was a short period of time the employees were welcoming and hard working. We had a few tough days but that was just from sheer volume of traffic through the store, it was a lot of fun working with them though!
I loved working at JB Hifi, it was always fun, the people who work there are great, and the benefits are unreal! The only major let down for me was a lack of opportunity to advance or to get further. They tended to bring people in from other stores to fill roles, rather than giving the opportunity to people already within the store.
I love working at JBHIFI as i ranked it the best place I have ever worked in my entire life. The salary was great and work working life balance was excellent.
Pros
free accessories, great working hours, Friendly Manager
Cons
Invoicing Issues
easy going environment
easy going people

short hours and not much working, spent most my time re arranging shelves and sweeping floors.
staff discounts were good also
Pros
discounts
Cons
boring not much work
worked here for almost 5 years now and have learnt so much about the retail industry and sales.
I've done counter sales, merchandising and admin work and would highly recommend all of the above.

salary is good and perks are great.
great culture and environment.

Met lifelong friends throughout my years working at JB
Pros
perks! discounts on all items
Cons
long hours, loud atmosphere, stressful at times.
You get to work with like minded people in a decent environment. Pay is decent and the clientele is usually pretty friendly. Staff discounts very worthwhile.
I only worked here for a Christmas casual but loved my time there. Friendly team, good pay and communication. Very accomdating to my needs and always hepful when it came to training. Christmas is face paced and busy but there was someone to help if needed.
Pros
Discount
The benefits of the job are good, with the staff discount but as a casual it is difficult to get by with the few shifts and it is difficult to be moved up to a part-time position.
Fast paced, but great.

Friendly co-workers, and a great employee workflow.

Pay is very good, and staff discounts were great.
Pros
Good culture and pay
Cons
Very competitive
I had a very good experience at JB Hi Fi. I learned how to price DVDs and I improved on my customer service. It was a really positive experience for me and I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
My time was cut short
Colleagues were great, rates were good, but as a casual, hours were minimal. Right next to food court, so lunch and breaks conveniently had food nearby.
Pros
Good location, great rates
Cons
Hours rostered
Great place to work, fun team vibe and the pay is good. The only drawback for me was the lack of full time positions available
Pros
employee discount
Cons
not enough shifts
my review about the company is that it is very flexible with chilling atmosphere, with friendly staff and good working environment with multicultural people.
Pros
Free transportation
Cons
Salary is less
I loved my time as a Christmas Casual there. It provided a fun work environment and the people I worked with I now consider friends even though I was only there for a few months. I would work there again in a heartbeat. The only downside was that I lived far away.
Pros
good work environment, good management, great workmates
Cons
Long commute