JB Hi-Fi

JB Hi-Fi

JB Hi-Fi Employee Review

A GENERALLY laidback sales position, but it has changed over the years

I have been with this company for 3 years, and in that short span, I have enjoyed my time there. Management is generally accommodating (with casuals), the team dynamic is positive and entertaining, and the 'sales' element comes naturally in an environment that is fun to be in.However, over the last few months, there has been a shift more to numbers and individual performance. This includes being HEAVILY encouraged to sell extended warranties, pitching telephone plans (you MUST on every phone sale, even if your customer is hesitant or rude) and other qualifying conversations. For some people, including me, this is not the best way I perform, because there is the expectation from management that these criteria MUST be met in order to sell (they won't let you get the item unless it has been met). I understand this from a business perspective, but it does make working there less enjoyable than usual, which isn't great if this is what people will be doing day in, day out. For a casual like me, this is not a huge issue.In the past, you were merely told that you had to meet these certain goals, but had free reign in how you approach it. I would encourage that JB look into this, as I found that that was a better environment to work in.

Same role

Great place to work! Great atmosphere!

Jb is a great place to work with great commission if you work in sales and awesome discounts on all products. I dont have any faults im just trying to fill the word count.
Same role

Great place

Don't think twice, they rock great times, got great results, had to move on due to personal reasons, would work at JBs again in a heartbeat thanks JBs
Same location

Productive fast paced

Productive and fast paced. Pretty relaxed environment. Staff very knowledgeable, good staff training. Good working hours. I would recommend having some product knowledge prior.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JB Hi-Fi. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare JB Hi-Fi with

• JB Hi-Fi
  • A GENERALLY laidback sales position, but it has changed over the years
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?