Jeanswest
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Jeanswest Employee Reviews

Australia59 reviews
My role challenges me but is super rewarding. I always have goals to work toward and I’m continuously encouraged to grow and improve in my role. The culture within the store and attitude of employees is always great.
A typical day at Jeanswest is very slow, which can be very hard whilst trying to hit budget and KPI targets for the day. Awesome company and great team members.
I have worked in 2 different stores and both teams became like family. I love going to work and love my job. There are some boring, quiet times but that's my only negative and it's a small one so I'll take it. The rewarding feeling you get from doing your job well and sending customers away feeling great about themselves is priceless.
it really enjoyed my tie working within the company I felt supported by my co-workers and I was able to the best of my ability to work towards the goals set for the store I worked at
Working at Jeanswest was a great experience whilst it lasted.
There is always lots of room for improvement.

Staff were always trained about styling and fitting customers
Absolutely disappointed with how Jeanswest treat their staff. Paid minimum wage but they get you to run the store and complete the managers role, but paid as a team member. Don’t get rest breaks as per the award even if on 9hr shift. Very pushy with sales. Over priced clothes that reeks of formaldehyde and cheaply made. Lots of store closures with no job security. Will hire you knowing they are closing the store
You don’t get your legally entitled tea breaks, and when you ask you’re made out to be lazy.
Passive aggressive management who don’t do their job, so you have to do it even though you’re getting paid minimum wage.

Staff don’t want to call their manager because they don’t want to be spoken to like a child. Store closures happening all the time, no care when you are put out of a job. EXTREMELY high turnover in staff. Clothes are overpriced, expected to sell things that customers don’t want. When you give the feedback you are asked for get told they don’t want it unless it’s positive.
Those with power wielded it with little concern as to how it would affect floor staff and customers.
Lazy staff were treated better than those who put in the effort with little to no rewards for the hardworking staff who were treated poorly.

Complaints were quickly acted upon though you had to go high up to get them heard.
I have worked with Jeanswest for almost the past 3 years as a permanent part-time team member, I have enjoyed working there and love their product and the people i worked with.
enjoyed customer service, fun place to work part time hours available, 7 days a week work on a roster system
product information giving

daily reports
I began at Jeanswest absolutely loving my job - my staff members around me were friendly as was my manager. However things turned sour during my time at Jeanswest as one Team Member decided to talk badly about me and another staff member. Our store manager believed it wasn’t a work issue and didn’t do anything about it, we took it higher to only be told the same thing and move on. Aside from this I’d also injured myself at work on a faulty door and when alerting HR they said our store didn’t make enough money for them to fix it. They put their profits before their staff and only care if you hit budget
Great clothes to suit all ages and body shapes
Company is open to employing older staff

A typical day of work start to finish a lot of folding jeans and hanging clothes

Great customers
Awful management who bully staff into forcing them to push customers to purchase things they dont want to buy. talking about other staff members behind their backs.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
bad management
A warehouse which ensures goods are received and processed and orders are dispatched inaccurately and in accordance with
productivity standards. Friendly working environment.
I love working at Jeanswest however I wish there was better allocation of hours. Giving three people 10 hours a week confuses me greatly. When one part time person quits and your store is quiet and under performing would you not absorb the hours amongst the remaining staff members? Because the alternative is now another two part time people will likely find another job with more hours.They have so many casual and part time staff working hours that you cannot live off.
Pros
Great team members
Cons
Minute amount of contracted hours
Regional managers are all about reachibg their targets to ensure they get their cash bonuses. Very cliquie environment for management. No support or encouragement for store managers.
Pros
Cons
Work till you drop with no recognition
I've been "working" casually for Jeanswest for 5 months and only had one 3 hour shift. Any attempts at asking about shifts is met with a "check back later" response in person or on the phone. They hired on a bunch of part time and full time employees and left the casuals in the dust. (A simple "we have no hours for you" would suffice instead of stringing me along for months).
This seems to be a thing from Sunshine Coast all the way down south Brisbane, as I have offered my service to other stores and none of them have work. They would rather hire newbies instead of train up a loyal casual to part time.

Of course with retail the type of manager and colleagues you get are location and luck based. An upside of the company is that all the stores are willing to work with eachother over the phone for the customer and aren't overly competitive. However depending on the manager you get they will put you in the fitting room and then complain when you don't make many sales while they are doing every transaction and won't let you use the till.

The customers are usually lovely and like to have a chat.

Hardest part of the job:

Constantly being made a fool of infront of customers by manager.

Most enjoyable part of the job:

Helping customers.
Pros
Discount, easy work
Cons
Literally 0 hours for casuals. Shifts go by slow.
Manager and coworkers are lovely but really depends on who gets hired. Little to no cares about shop lifting or employee safety as it’s all covered by insurance. Prices are high so even with an employee discount you’re still paying more than it’s worth (and being paid minimum wage means it’s not easy to afford) . Constant customer returns and outbursts. But customer care is always there to help (even if they’re a bit harsh sometimes). However, joyful to learn the system and feel like a wiz when you know exactly what to do and how to work your way around the programs
Pros
Nice people, customer care help
Cons
Poor pay, little employee safety, high priced clothing, constant returns
Work was okay here, keep in mind its a slightly dying brand so wages are at minimum and the stores get very quiet during weekdays. The vibe of Jeanswest differs from store to store however. Most team members are very friendly and managers of the store are OK. Regional managers however, will walk in whenever they please and start telling you off before they introduce themselves. I pride myself in being a hard, diligent worker, and one regional manager I had did not recognise my work at all and made me want to quit. I was a part-timer and I was guaranteed 6 hours a week. These were 3 hour shifts. As an 18 year old I was getting minimum wage, which if you google, is very little. So being part time does NOT mean you will get decent hours. The one of the only decent things about working here was the discount you got on JW products.
So in my opinion, if you want to work at JW, prepare to not be super entertained as the work gets quite repetitive and boring, prepare to be bossed around and getting a lot of customer returns.

If you are a younger person wanting to start in retail, I do not recommend this store.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
dying brand, customer complaints and returns, slow days during the week
was a good job to work at, really enjoyed the customers and staff. Never had a bad day, always smiles on everyones faces, great work environment, great attitudes.
would never work for them again. Very stressful and hard on individual targets. makes it hard tow ork as a team as everyone is for themselves to meet their individual. Perks are not great either as all their thigs are expensive and yet they want everyone to wear their merch
Pros
Cons
pay
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jeanswest. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9