Jeanswest Employee Reviews

Most team members are really nice to work with
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA24 March 2019
Regional managers are all about reachibg their targets to ensure they get their cash bonuses. Very cliquie environment for management. No support or encouragement for store managers.
Pros
Cons
Work till you drop with no recognition
Unless you are a manager, don't apply.
Casual Stylist/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane10 February 2019
I've been "working" casually for Jeanswest for 5 months and only had one 3 hour shift. Any attempts at asking about shifts is met with a "check back later" response in person or on the phone. They hired on a bunch of part time and full time employees and left the casuals in the dust. (A simple "we have no hours for you" would suffice instead of stringing me along for months).
This seems to be a thing from Sunshine Coast all the way down south Brisbane, as I have offered my service to other stores and none of them have work. They would rather hire newbies instead of train up a loyal casual to part time.

Of course with retail the type of manager and colleagues you get are location and luck based. An upside of the company is that all the stores are willing to work with eachother over the phone for the customer and aren't overly competitive. However depending on the manager you get they will put you in the fitting room and then complain when you don't make many sales while they are doing every transaction and won't let you use the till.

The customers are usually lovely and like to have a chat.

Hardest part of the job:
Constantly being made a fool of infront of customers by manager.

Most enjoyable part of the job:
Helping customers.
Pros
Discount, easy work
Cons
Literally 0 hours for casuals. Shifts go by slow.
Not Too Bad But Minimum Wage and Terrible Regional Management
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockdale NSW14 October 2018
Work was okay here, keep in mind its a slightly dying brand so wages are at minimum and the stores get very quiet during weekdays. The vibe of Jeanswest differs from store to store however. Most team members are very friendly and managers of the store are OK. Regional managers however, will walk in whenever they please and start telling you off before they introduce themselves. I pride myself in being a hard, diligent worker, and one regional manager I had did not recognise my work at all and made me want to quit. I was a part-timer and I was guaranteed 6 hours a week. These were 3 hour shifts. As an 18 year old I was getting minimum wage, which if you google, is very little. So being part time does NOT mean you will get decent hours. The one of the only decent things about working here was the discount you got on JW products.
So in my opinion, if you want to work at JW, prepare to not be super entertained as the work gets quite repetitive and boring, prepare to be bossed around and getting a lot of customer returns.
If you are a younger person wanting to start in retail, I do not recommend this store.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
dying brand, customer complaints and returns, slow days during the week
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD24 September 2018
was a good job to work at, really enjoyed the customers and staff. Never had a bad day, always smiles on everyones faces, great work environment, great attitudes.
Not very good management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 September 2018
would never work for them again. Very stressful and hard on individual targets. makes it hard tow ork as a team as everyone is for themselves to meet their individual. Perks are not great either as all their thigs are expensive and yet they want everyone to wear their merch
Pros
Cons
pay
Excellent experience
2IC Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merimbula NSW18 March 2018
Jeans West was secure! Excellent team environment. Grateful to work with a lovely team. All staff were hard working, kind and friendly.
Management was fair. I would not hesitate to recommend this store in particular even though it's been a while since my employment with them. As long as they still hold the same set of values, great position and company.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Expectations could be a little high.
A good company to work for
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Queensland8 March 2018
Having been employed with jeanswest for just over 6 years, I can say it has been worth my time. I started at a ppt, promoted to full time, then promoted to manager. I find the management supportive and my team encouraging and positive. The in store environment is very good. Work/life balance in retail is never great (this doesn’t come down to who you work for, it’s just retail plain and simple). I would recommend working for Jeanswest.
Pros
Enjoyable store environment, loyal customers, supportive management, room for professional growth, excellent work conferences
Cons
Highly unfashionable clothing at times
Overall a great company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 February 2018
Learn valuable customer service skills. Management is very understanding and approachable. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to see the satisfaction of the customers when they find the right pair of jeans.
Pros
Easy work hours
Cons
Horrible pay
best job shame about women management on ego power trips
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 January 2018
loved the job, the customers, all staff but found two specific,managers to be unprofessional, too emotional, beyond rude and on mega power trips out to abuse everyone and their managerial power their poor attitude as people sees them endeavour to and make life and situations that should be a simple chat or brief discussion into an aggressive , defensive, blaming, insult throwing fight or uncomfortable situation.

I have never been so disrespected by management in my life ! and left purely because of poor attitude and aggression .
Pros
discount, great customers and staff
Cons
disgusting management
fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth SA14 January 2018
I loved working around clothes there was lots of things to do and lots of chance to progress skills and move up in the business. fun and happy people to work with.
Jeanswest armadale
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Armadale WA11 January 2018
Management ignored my calls and texts reguarding shifts over the christmas period. Approached my allocated store and was told i no longer have a job wirh no reason behind it. Very upset with jeans west as i wanted to be apart of the company for more than 1 month.
Pros
Good causal money
Cons
No shifts
Poor Management
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth WA20 December 2017
I have not been given any shifts at my allocated store, as soon as a new manager was hired she didn't even know I existed and she did not give me any shifts even after I reminded her I am available.
Awesome ground breaking industry in its day !
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA28 September 2017
Team meeting every morning !
How to organise and be organised !
From junior sales person to State Manager !
Fun Firm but Fair !
Conflict management ... but always resolved !
Customer and job satisfaction !
Pros
A new range every season
Cons
Staff management
Fun place to work but not a great deal of support for stores that are struggling to make budget
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Epp7 September 2017
After 8 years of working there I would have hoped that my resignation would have been acknowledged by someone at least. However it has been 3 weeks and no contact from anyone
Pros
God staff discount
Cons
Having to work weekends and lack of support
I love my job
Manager - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Victoria6 August 2017
Styling customers making them feel good about there selfs makes me feel great customers turn into friends work colleagues are all team players so we work hard but we also smile laugh and learn great work environment! New stock is exciting vm the store is fun. Higher management are great so much support best company I have worked for!
Fun workplace
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Traralgon VIC1 August 2017
Jeanswest was a very fun place to work and always looking for new looks and keeps up with the fashion, excellent training available and opportunities highly recommend
What I Learned
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Perth WA15 May 2017
Jeanswest has taught me so much over the 8 years I have been with the company about how to be an all round manager. balancing Team management, VM skills, Promo set ups etc. Deligation is the Key. It is challenging and rewarding.
QLD managers are nutjobs
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mitchelton QLD14 May 2017
management was horrible, constant nagging, micromanaging and belittlement made by store manager. When complaints were made to higher up management nothing was done about the situation - it got worse. DO NOT WORK FOR THE BROOKSIDE STORE!!
Every other store I have worked in was great and had amazing support systems, the Brisbane stores were horrendous. Stay away!
Pros
Good discount, team members were lovely to work with
Cons
Management is terrible!
Disappointing experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Noosa Heads QLD21 January 2017
Very disappointing experience going back to Jeans West. Store Manager was unwelcoming, sarcastic and a very poor leader. Encouragement, store atmosphere and respect for staff was void. I left pretty quickly due to above reasons.
Pros
Decent staff discount and protocol by HR was very good
Cons
Poor store Manager
Great place to work at
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Campbelltown NSW22 November 2016
Jeanswest is a leading seller of clothing and accessories which can suit every situation for the everyday person. From casual wear to formal, the quality and contemporary look can transport the person to whole new level of style. With affordable prices, great incentives and offers and very cool style guide on the website, it's definitely a great store to buy from and work for.