Jefferies LLC Employee Reviews

Lack leadership
Infrastructure Manager (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong25 May 2019
A medium sized organization but lacks the leadership to discreetly focus on priorities given a limited amount of human and monetary resources. Global organizational models look better on paper and not executed in practice. Culture is very individualistic and teamwork/collaboration is ineffective especially cross regional engagements.
Pros
flexible work schedule, willing to invest in the business
Cons
small organization in Asia, Too many 1 person teams
Cost reduction
VP Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New Jersey13 May 2019
Cost reduction was always being brought up. While cost is always a factor, it was to a point that people were always looking over their shoulder to see if their project or position would be cut or outsourced.
Pros
People were great
Cons
Internal promotions were few
Would bypass this one....
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NY29 April 2019
The company as a whole spends a good deal of time focusing on outsourcing jobs and not as much time developing careers or calling upon skills internally. The culture was lackluster and minimal.

In five years in the Corporate sector, I saw very little positive energy and a daily fear of being outsourced or eliminated.
Pros
Free coffee, opportunity to work remotely
Cons
Many
Keep Looking
VP (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJ12 April 2019
Manager did not have the business acumen to support his position. He found a Procurement Summit pamphlet on subway rubbed on his chest and was a self-declared Head of Global Procurement. Concocted industry terminology such as a “Light RFP” -- Third Party Consultants were treated poorly, verbally abused in meetings and emails.
Pros
The check always cleared.
Cons
Too many to list.
Work or Life
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CT11 April 2019
Put in the work and you get paid. Management lets you work on your own as long as you get what's needed done. Compensation is great, time off as well. Benefits are exceptional.
The Largest Investment Bank with a great Work Environment
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York30 March 2019
If you ever wanted an opportunity to develop and demonstrate your industry knowledge from the traditional Bulge Bracket Investment Banks, Jefferies will through you the curve ball. An excellent place where you can meet the leadership of the organization and work with them solve real business issues. It has a young hedge fund culture but you get to work with staff from all the Major Investment Banks in the World. You also get to travel and gain valuable Global Banking experience.

Lots of Team Lunches
Management Meetings
Training and On the job training
Pros
Great Firm, Great Travel around the US and Globally, Work with Executives
Work only
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NY31 January 2019
While I enjoyed the independent spirit at work, it was very difficult for me to balance my work and life. I had to cover Asian market out of New York and it made me travel continuously.
Productive work environment
BUILD AND RELEASE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  New York, NY29 January 2019
Changes were constantly being made with the LOP and procedure manuals. The hardest part of the job was constantly being changed under different individuals with different standards. However, I truly enjoyed assisting the claimants with their claims.
Pros
Job security, benefits
Cons
No promotional opportunity, pay doesn't match local cost of living requirements, office politics
Good Company to work for.
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJ12 December 2018
Jefferies was a good company to work for. The daily work was always challenging. I enjoyed working with the people at Jefferies.
My job entailed the settlement of all fixed income and MBS trades on a daily basis . I also supported the Middle Office desk and worked closely with the Finance desk making sure Jefferies exposure was always kept to a minimum.
The work place culture was good until upper management began to look for ways to outsource our positions , which they finally did last August.
Summer Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NY4 December 2018
Overall a great work environment with very talented people who are willing to help and mentor the interns. Would definitely recommend applying here. Tough selection process but the compensation and learning is very worth it.
Pros
free coffee
Jefferies quick paced
Facilities Coordinator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CA30 November 2018
Jefferies was a great start into my facilities role. I learned allot of new things, in a fast paced environment. Enjoyable, but there was no margin for error. Eventually, I hit a ceiling where there was no room for growth/ and the company was downsizing.
N/a
Vice President, Emerging Markets Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NY21 November 2018
I do not feel comfortable discussing my time in depth there. It is a standard firm that tries to carve a niche for itself as a nimple financial player.
love this company
Intern, Investment Banking Controllers Department (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJ14 November 2018
Pros

- Pay depends on where you sit and how well you perform. Can get paid above street & peers, but will depend on how hard you work and a bit of luck
- One of the last banks with an old school Wall Street culture
- Jefco is a tough place to work, but your experience will allow you to migrate to another bank or industry with ease
- You'll learn to adapt, survive, and play office politics well
- If your young and bring new talents to the table, you can outperform senior folks stuck in their way
Fun and relaxed atmos
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NY13 November 2018
Fun work environment . Lots of smart people.
Lacks delegation. Big turnover of personnel
A bit sectarian ,specially among old employees.
Slight resistance to change
great people to work with
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY21 October 2018
Work was steady and they gave the opportunity to frow and learn new things. People were great and teamwork was encouraged. Management was great to work for, firm but fair.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
eating lunch at your desk
Very family orientated and team driven.
Junior Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY13 October 2018
Great place to work, very nice and fair people. I actually regret leaving considering how tough the job market is and the stability they offered. If I could do it over I would stay and retire there.
Pros
Lunch brought everyday.
Cons
None I can honestly express. Great place to work.
Good time
Investment Banking Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY10 October 2018
Very happy with my time spent at Jefferies. Positioned me well for whatever comes next. Feel I was able to see a wide range of deals and had good exposure to senior management / clients.
Good opportunity to expand
Head of Research (Managing Director) (Current Employee) –  London25 September 2018
If you are in the right role, the upside is limitless. And vice versa.
Inability to attract key staff.
Local management limited in scope (all US based decision making)
Pros
Flexibility to invest across capital structure
Cons
No job flex
Decent place to work
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NY19 September 2018
Workplace culture can be challenging. Level at which you enter the company is key to advancement. Not a warm and fuzzy atmosphere. Not much direction. Good for a self motivated person.
Pros
Typical full accompaniment of employee benefits
Great Learning Experience
Operations Summer Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NY3 September 2018
I enjoyed working at Jefferies because of the amount of learning opportunities and connection with management. They made the intern experience exciting and showed off the different facets of the bank.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jefferies LLC. Our community is ready to answer.