Jemena
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Jemena Employee Reviews

Australia28 reviews
Constant change; often lack of co-operation between Gas and Electricity businesses; more change likely in next 5-10 years as the industry itself will change through several disruptors - de-carbonisation of our economy, affordable technology enabling house-holds to generate, store and on-sell energy and inevitable changes to regulatory framework.
Pros
Supportive culture
Cons
Generally weak performance management of its' people
In my short time there, I was able to learn about the gas transmission industry as well as the requirements of a professional engineer. The experience has affirmed my interest in mechanical engineering.
A company with constant restructures, no care for its employees and incompetent management with favouritism is not an employer to work for. Jemena has all these negatives in it.
No career development with toxic environment full of politics is what Jemena is known for.
I worked in the digital department for just over 2 years. The management are some of the worst people I've worked with. Lazy, inexperienced and definitely risk-averse. Nothing gets done in this place except for useless meetings.
Pros
if you want you can get away with doing nothing and waste your life here
Cons
See Pros
Nice colleagues and some people involved in very interesting work. Has a strong growth agenda which is refreshing after a lot of Australian companies.
The management teams at Jemena add no value to the organisations goals and values. They need to remove a tier of management and make those remaining accountable. Not a place to advance your career - particularly in the IT Digital Department.
Jemena offers a good career grounding but not much in terms of career progression. Lack of solid leadership is another negative. On a positive side, location is great with a great office environment.
Loved working there great place , great people , Fantastic Job i wish i was still there.
I worked there for 15 years well look after great wages and conditions loved it.
Jemena provided a great work life balance and also due to the changes in the utility and energy industries as a whole, there was always a lot of interesting things going on. The people by and large were great to work with but it felt at times as though the company was struggling to get the right operating model up and running to properly manage its diverse portfolio of assets. I would however recommend working there to anyone considering it.
Interesting and Happy to be working in Jemena. Learned various things and shared my knowledge. Workplace is high class with good design and great desks. One can get the best view of CBD which adds to the spirit of working.
Project financial management
good working culture

month and year end does hard timing and pressured.

Its reasonable size of work load, kept me busy

I enjoyed with working load and people
Pros
utilized my skills and knowledge
Cons
Less support from direct manager
A typical day at work involves several internal / external stakeholder meetings, customer interaction, workshops.

I learned about risk, assurance and compliance frameworks and practices, and technical and economic regulatory requirements.

Workplace culture is one of strong teamwork.

The hardest part of the job is extremely high workload, due to poor business systems and inadequate resourcing.

The most enjoyable part of the job is people interaction.
Pros
Lots of subject matter experts to engage with and learn from
Cons
Poor business systems and tools
Bullying, Racism and Discrimination truly well and alive in this organization.
The wages was good, but the culture promote incompetent staff over competent one.
Pros
Salary okay
Cons
A lot of dead wood in the business, they have been there for a long time doing little or nothing, they knows how to game the system
A large company that generally has a good work culture, but like most large companies there are areas within the business where the work culture needs improving. They take the safety and welfare of their employees seriously and encourage a sensible work/life balance. Good place to work!
Pros
good people
Cons
some pockets of poor culture
The property department at Jemena was very disjointed and soul destroying. Unfortunately, the team leaders had their own agenda in mind whenever a decision or decisions were to be made.
Good place for a stop over but not great for career progression. Too many micro-managers and not enough opportunities to work on diverse projects.
decent benefits but most groups work in silos; opportunities are provided mainly on 'Who you know' basis and not 'What you know'.
Very good place to work, need lots of knowledge and experience,
well paid, very good atmosphere among people.

The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfaction to be part of the team, doing the same project.

Stop working because long distance to drive more then 50 km one way.
Great place to work. Work life balance is well practiced. Management are very approachable to discuss any issues a staff member may have whether it be business or personal.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Long hours can be required
Worked part time. But when requested to do extra work I did. If the co-workers are over loaded with the work I would help them to finish their work. Manager was the best Manager I have ever got in the working history. I have learned so much new tasks and new methods.
Pros
no free lunches worked only part time
Cons
if needed i worked extra hours to finish the work happily
I am friendly, approachable, knowlageble person with great communication skills. I am also very adaptable to different environments. These characteristics mean that I work well in group situations. My career objective is to achieve excellence by continual self improvement, further career advancements and hard working.
Jemena is a great company to work for that offers a really good work life balance. Jemena also offers the opportunity to work with very experienced and talented people in the industry. The culture at Jemena is very inclusive.