Jet Couriers

Jet Couriers Employee Reviews

2.8Work–Life Balance

Work your butt off with no thanks

Make your minimum amount for the pay period, then sit idle on the side of the road - or worse get stranded 50km+ from home and sit around waiting to be told you can head home at 4:40pm.Doesn't value hard workers - they'll ask favors when they need them, but bugger you for helping them out.

Great Place To Work

I love working here. Friendly and helpful staff. Always willing to help! Plenty of consistent work. I definitely recommend them. Also the hours are great and I can still spend time with my family. Just great!!!!

Flexibility

It allows me to spend my weekends at home and taking care of personal matters. I feel a since of pride when completing my deliveries. They show me that I matter as an individual.

Pros

Enjoying my time doing my deliveries

Cons

Gas prices

Very good place to work at

Very recommended ,great managers help you with everything you need , they’re responsible get things done in time ,they accomplish with what they agree im very happy about working here

Courier work can be challenging

I worked at the Brisbane branch as well the Sydney branch and I found the Sydney branch easier to work with. They listened and helped the courier to get to their weekly earning and yes there is a level you reach and the work slows to allow other drivers to earn. Work is challenging with a capital C.

Pros

Work your own vehicle

Cons

To earn you must work long hours.

Don’t expect any pay rise.

In last 5 years cost of living has gone up a lot, but there is no pay rise in the company in 5 years, still receive the same daily pay which I was contracted on.You will have days at work when you work for free, sometimes you are covering work from your own pocket.

Pros

No benefits

Great Work Atmosphere

The guys in the office are really cool and do their best to help me out when problems arise. Only problem is, getting paid every 2 weeks. Sometime the hours can be long, but it makes up in the pay. it pays off to put in the extra effort.

Pros

Consistent work

Cons

i don't get paid weekley

Great but not for me.

I hate writing reviews but I figured that with my experience at JET I should. Theres a few thing I did not agree with. First was that you get paid once a month. Second, if we are low on drivers we need to get on the road to deliver. Third, we are expected to help out in the warehouse. I know they said this when I started out but wow. This job is not for the weak and its more of a career type. Even with all those things I did not agree with you need to understand you are part of something bigger and better. But its simply not for me. Even though it did teach me budgeting and discipline. If your intentions is to get this job and just sit all day and just pass gas this is not the right career for you. Its what I tried to do. Its meant for people that want to grow with the company. Great guys, great company I just cant arrive on time.

Made to feel like I was part of something bigger

Like working with my dispatchers, when I need them there always there. Every once in a while there are long days past the 5pm mark which means extra money so I had no complaints about that.

Pros

Great group of Contractors and Staff to work Daily with

Cons

Pay periods only being 2x a month instead of weekly, makes it difficult.

Consistent Work

Everyday was a busy so it made for fast work days. Great management. Only downside is the pay is bi- weekly so I have to factor that in to my gas budget.

Company

There are days in which it feels like the hours are very long. Just as it does at any other company. You charge thru it till a new day begins. Not an issue when you are working for a career it is well worth it. You are working towards the end GAME.

Good Stable Company - Pays On Time Every Time - Plenty of Work

There is plenty of work to keep you busy you just have to be willing to get up and get to work. Some of the jobs are not always desirable or to the best of locations but the majority of the work is good. Communication is key.

Pros

Honest / Pay is Good and Fair / Always On Time

Cons

Long Days / Hectic at Times / Some Destinations are not so desirable

imma owner operator. they keep me busy all week

work monday to friday . home every nitepayments been as promised.dispatchers nd manager easy to get along with.new business in chi town, getting busier and busier. plenty of work.

Pros

can be some longer days

Cons

paid on time as promised

Your being ripped off run far away. The amount of miles you run you the pay will pay your gas tolls anD lunch

They are taking 50% or more of the worth of the loads. Gas and tolls is half of your pay. They talk to you crazy. Very unprofessional. Management is very aggressive. They don't put load pay number on settlements. They just give you a pay with no numbers on settlement. So you have no idea if the run was worth it.

Pros

Free will to leave

Cons

Not good pay

It Was Okay….

To me working here was okay. Wasn’t always the greatest but at times it was okay. Despatch could be better with communicating with the drivers. But besides that everyone including the supervisor is flexible and understanding. The only downside is that the pay is not enough to operate on day to day basis. They also sometimes have delivery’s that forces you to be on the tolls. Which they do not do toll reimbursement at all even if you ask. You might make it with a used van but even then that still might not be enough to stay in business. This place is more of a stepping stone to newer and better places.

Long hours no pay

On call hours, make you leave office and drive. Short staffed so it’s difficult to take time off. Drivers and clients constantly upset with you. Very high stress.

Easy going stable company

Sometimes the hours are long but you get what you put in. Company management is easy to work with and sets clear expectations. Provides a lot of support and stability, you never need to worry about not getting paid.

Pros

Growing company

Unprofessional, poor communication, terrible company

Jets is very unprofessional after giving them chances they still remain unprofessional. They don't communicate with each other. They give you the run around when you ask questions. They impose new policies without informing you. The pay is ok for hot shot but if they had more work it would not be worth it. They don't offer really anything and want you to pay for everything.

Pros

Ok pay for hot shot

Cons

Expections, communication, management

The management is a JOKE !!!!!!

This place is a horrible place to work they pay once a month and the manager was always in a bad mood and would come in to the office with profanity laced tirades they also do not tell you that you are going to be expected to work in the warehouse as well as dispatch drivers. And as for the owner operators they do not pay them what they promise they just tell you what you want to hear to get you on board .... Do yourself a favor and stay as far as possible from this place.

Cons

Productive and fun people to work with. Great working environment

I have been with Jet Couriers for over 20 years and have many friends join many branches and they really enjoy their positions as drivers. Happy to chat with anyone wanting more information

Pros

Great people and networks

Cons

N/a

Jet courier

Excellent company .Great staff members.Great drivers .Excellent customer services.On time .It’s a blessing working for Jet .It was a blessing for me getting the position in short time period, I enjoy the work by making sure everybody are in peace and happy , I always make sure to provide great kind of service and be a team worker for anything, always positive , do your best and you will have best outcome You are in the right hand of the company Iam thankful .There are always chances to upgrade from small car to big truck by providing it in excellent conditions and in white colour .

Cons

8 to 5 daily working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jet Couriers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Jet Couriers with