Jetstar Employee Reviews

Poor culture and management
Senior Manager - IT, JETSTAR A/NZ (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 October 2019
Difficult culture with slow management action. Interesting industry but culture varied significantly between groups. Coordination was difficult and culture was unmanaged
Culture, Hardest part, Most enjoyable.
CDC Stores Administrator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne,Australia27 May 2019
I completed a 9 week contract to clear a back log of folders. The culture overall was amazing. My contract boss was amazing with all his team members. The Jet star one was not so much. He didn't have a clue about his job and never really did anything. As I witnessed the real reason to why there was a back log in the first place. The Jet star boss never took notice that the original person, Who's job I covered for a holiday. Was not and has not worked to full potential and takes advantage of her surroundings.
But overall I absolutely loved the role I completed and was extremely happy with all other employees and the work life.
Gold coast base was very pleasant
Manager (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD15 October 2018
Gold coast airport was a smaller airport making it less of a headache to navigate. This also meant less crew (Engineers, Ground staff, Flight crew included) which makes for a nicer airport experience, in my opinion.
Pros
Cons
I felt like just a number, very replaceable
Very Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney Domestic Airport NSW15 January 2018
Completed a temporary role for Jet Star over the busy Christmas and New year period.
Good working atmosphere with a friendly team, despite unsocial hours, would highly recommend.
Easy and social workplace
Cabin Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 March 2017
A great job if you're big on customer service. You get to see lots of new place and meet hundreds of new people a day. Good range of young and older coworkers
Pros
Easy job, get to travel, meet new people
Cons
Long hours, sick all the time, miss out on a lot of things due to being away
Loved working with many nationalities and using my language skills everyday for on-board announcements.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast, QLD16 April 2015
The review of Jetstar as a company is unfortunately low. However, I did love my career as a Flight Attendant, I loved every duty and would do it again, if my hours could be more flexible. They work their employees too much with little benefit for overtime, which I did frequently.

I am one of many that have had to chase up 12+ months of superannuation which they did not pay us.

Also, overtime was not beneficial.

We had to do 17+ hour suties, then just 10 hours break then another 17+ hour duty again.

Very exhausting!
Pros
Travelling for work
Cons
Always exhausted as Jetstar overwork their employees.