Jims Mowing

23: Jims Mowing Employee Reviews

Australia23 reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

Alright place to work.

Labouring is labouring, the pay could be a bit better. The Boss was easy going & great to work with. If you haven’t done any labouring it is hard work but if you’re used to it you’ll have no trouble.

Pros

Get fit

Cons

Get sunburnt

Bored

It is a boring repetitive job.Great people to work with.Pay rate is no good.It is a family friendly business because it is a family run business.

Franchisors and Jim don’t care

The system can work well but in my experience (Victoria) the franchisor was only in it for himself, he was a compulsive liar and the higher ups all the way to the top were not much better when it came to asking for help. You can do just as well on your own without paying franchise fees, although some form of training would help.

Pros

Brand name

Cons

No one cares or helps as long as they get paid

Dont trust jim

Rude CEO who tries to control people with threats. Nobody within the company, including your own franchisor, will challenge him even when they disagree, for fear of threats to themselves

Pros

Cons

Jim

excellent workplace that requires maximum aptitude

exceptional workplace with a productive boss who has worldly views on work and life. work balance as well as leisure balance. the boss focused on productivity and demanded maximum effort.

Pros

free beers at the end of the month

Cons

difficult finding parking

laid back at times & fast paced on busy days.

Overall excellent work culture with competitive salary rate. Excellent boss who focused on attention to detail in order to develop a greater understanding of what is required on the daily and weekly aspect of the job :)

Franchise fees to high

Franchise fees to high especially in winter when business slows down Mow Lawns / Tree pruning / gardening/ weed control enjoyed meeting customers working in mid summer was draining

Pros

own boss

Cons

rain - no work

productive environment

I enjoyed working for Jim's Mowing. I was working with 1 other person and we got along well. We achieved many things together regarding gardens for our customers

Pros

Fun place to work

Cons

only casual work

It's alright

Hard work for little pay but can't really say anything bad hey. Pays the bills, out doors work which is excellent won't do it again tho over lawns tbh

Great company

Jims mowing is a good company to work with, always making sure theres enough work, and never fail to make you fit in amongst the group of boys/girls great people to work with

Pros

Easy days

Cons

Good people and hands on work

Hands on work it was a good company to work for but not anuf hours for me grate people to work for as well I learned a lot me working from heights chainsaw like license first aid ect

Pros

Every day worj

Cons

Bad work in wet weather

A great outdoor job

A typical day at work was that we would start at 7:30am every weekday and finish around 5pm. i learned how to mow a lawn fast and easy and how to clean up after and how to clean a garden bed up. Management was great and the hardest part was not slowing down when tired to finish off the day. But the most enjoyable part was that i stayed physically fit and was on a decent wage.

Pros

Stayed fit

Cons

Long days and the heat

Fun to work

Good company to work for. Lots of variety. Gave me more experience in landscaping. Customer contact. The hardest part of the job was working outdoors in the heat.

Pros

Client contact

Cons

Long hours.

fast paced and on the go

Have to be committed to work in all conditions at any location. Never say no to work. Typical start is 6 am to complete corporate clients before moving onto residential clients with noise restrictions

very good

this job was very productive and easy going I also learned that garden maintaining is not just about clearing weeds and other things from the garden area.

Pros

good people and good work hours

Managing & operating my own business gave me a better work/ life balance & a new challenge

Owning &operating my own business had it's challenges; from being outdoors all days braving the elements, then returning home to do paperwork (raising invoices to receipting payments & banking)

Pros

I worked my own hours

Cons

Hard manual work in all temperatures

good outdoors, fresh air, see all sorts of things

good out doors job has its ups and downs you learn a lot about tools and gardening. management is not great, deffinitly good keeping fit everyday

Pros

fresh air good everyday fitness

Cons

can be long hours and wet weather sucks

Hard work but satisfying

Hard work physically but satisfying when you see the results. Great working outside with nature. Challenge myself daily with what I can achieve and learning to use the machines.

Pros

working outside

Cons

Hard work

Very fun to do

Had a great time working with Jims Mowing and enjoyed the customers. The Job was fast paced, productive and very rewarding

Pros

Kept me fit

Cons

Seasonal work

great boss worked together as a team enjoyed my time at jims!

Hard working days I learnt how to communicate with the customers We worked as a team The most enjoyable part of the job was having good co workers we worked together and had fun!

Pros

Great boss

A Day Mowing Grass

A typical day at Jim's Mowing would include cutting grass,'s,gardening,pruning i learned how to operate a brush cutter correctly.

Pros

Making New Friends

Cons

Weather e.g really hot or raining

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jims Mowing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Jims Mowing with