John Holland Employee Reviews in Brisbane QLD

Good Company
Lead Planner (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 November 2018
Work place is great but salary was not in the job market level. Also that time not much projects in hand. Job security also not in good positive by that time
Pros
Life Balance Work
Cons
Too low pay
Very professional work place
Civil Estimator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD5 September 2016
Big effective teamwork

I learned a lot of project estimation skills

A workplace where you can achieve Diversity of skills

Enjoyable team
Multi culture workplace
Pros
A workplace where you can achieve Diversity of skills
Cons
Management politics
Good workplace
BI & Operational Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD14 February 2016
John Holland is a good place to work, with a professional approach to project management.

The skills and work opportunity is above average, with a conducive working environment.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Not people focuesd
Construction Site office
PA to Project Manager / Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD Australia21 October 2015
Great opportunity to learn about civil construction albeit in a waste water plant.

Great boss, engineers, and onsite workers.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Muddy when wet which was frequently.
good to work for.
Boilermaker for Brisbane River (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD6 May 2015
start the day with a prestart meeting. Telling you what was wanted done during the day. I was in charge of equipment and how to complete the job, any problems I found management easy to approach and helpful. Co-workers were very good to work with. Most enjoyable part of the job was driving the boat for access to from the job because I had a boat license.
its a great place to work
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD18 December 2014
turn up on time with a good attitude , enjoyed the workers lots of diffrnt personalitties, the operation was ran in a very efficiant way and that made my work very enjoyable
Pros
good communication
Cons
every place has its bads it is what it is
Challenging but Rewarding Workplace
Project Engineer - Tender, Planning & Design Works (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD12 June 2014
A very challenging but rewarding workplace.

I was exposed to a variety of large and small scale projects in the piping, mechanical and marine sectors. I have had experience at all stages of the project lifecycle including tender and FEED, through to construction and commissioning.

The most rewarding part of my employment with JHG was the completion of 8 months of shutdown work with zero lost time injuries.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Enjoyed the team Environment and excellent work ethics
Lead Estimator SMP - Energy division (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD9 April 2014
Best period of my work life with lot of fun and very understanding managers, challenging assignment in the deep end,enormous autonomy to provide the best output every time. Good training and learning environment, good team work.
Pros
Recommend any one to join and work in John Holland
Cons
Very ambitious Targets and Tier 1 Systems restricting winning work
Great compnay to work for
Peggy/On-Site Tool Storeman (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD10 March 2014
Co-operative management
Professional
Enthusiastic workplace
Positive work ethic
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Provided a challanging workplace where learning and acomplishment were pushed.
Site Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD6 January 2014
John Holland gave me a range of working fields and environments in which to learn and grow as an engineer.

I learned skills from, procurement and tender management, programming skills in primavera, general management through to specific additional qualifications like protective coating & welding inspector certificates.

I have enjoyed a great range of co-workers who have all helped me better understand my job and increase my learning in a range of areas.

The hardest part of this job was probably the travelling and often isolated locations but often a point of growth related challenge as well.

I enjoyed working with real professionals who really knew their job and taught me how to do things the right was the first way.
Pros
Good career and personal development
Cons
Somtimes unstable project based work