John Holland Employee Reviews in Darwin NT

They look after their workers.
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT IMPEX and Barrow Island Gorgon26 January 2016
Job was quite chaotic due to being so big with so much SIMOPS. I quickly learned that it is important to have conversations with other work crews in advance to prevent surprises in your work area. Good bunch of guys to work with. Management was pretty good. Hardest part of the job was keeping on top of paperwork and managing SIMOPS within company policy and procedures. I was a Health and Safety rep and it gave me a chance to speak directly to management to resolve issues that arose and also convey back to workforce.
Pros
Great money and stable work
Cons
if you upset someone you would be on the first flight out
Overall good company to work for
Dozer/Loader/IT Operator (Former Employee) –  Darwin , Australia8 October 2013
My time at Hollands was spent mainly on a Dozer and Loader .. I have spent many years in both , but being my first civil job I had to learn a lot about the industry and ' termanology' as such .
I enjoyed being home every night , and the roster was fair . The wages and benefits overall were great . I made a lot of friends close to home , and learnt another side of operating . It was a shame the contract came to an end so quickly ..hence my disappointment in the scoring ..

I also found another side of the operating skills of my machines , and always have known you can learn something new all the time .I would love to get back out to this project , and would like to see it closer to the end if possible . If not I think it may be a great opportunity to change careers as such and learn something different
Pros
home every night, great pay, good people, learn new things
Cons
lack of communication .. advancement and training promised