John Holland Employee Reviews in Perth WA

Great crew and reliable management
Thermit welder (Former Employee) –  Perth WA5 August 2017
I totally enjoyed working with John holland.,it gave me great satisfaction and Iearnt a lot.when I first started there I was a simple track maintainer. then a Thermitwelding ticket came up I put my hand up for the job and was able to seal it as mine ,I never looked back ,received a lot of tickets on the way ,paying benifits went up and traveling was involved they payed for everything what a fantastic company.
Pros
Travelling too different places to weld
Cons
Away from alot
Terrific in a booming economy
Project Controls Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA2 May 2017
Terrific learning environment dealing with complex projects with a wide array of stakeholders such as clients and subcontractors. Very detailed and changing reporting requirements caused by change in ownership and management structures. Well developed procedures within aging systems presented rework and consistency challenges. The reduction in work in hand in the later period was significant in W.A. which effected the culture.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Sudden decline in work in hand
Exciting,challageing,stressfull,
Superintendent railways (Current Employee) –  Perth WA18 April 2016
In charge of Rail grinding equipment working in extreme environments all over Australia. Work included planing of days work with ARTC traffic controller,catering for all the machine needs like delivery of 20,000ltres of fuel for designated area.daily reports to manager in Melbourne,Toolbox and safety meetings...
miss managed contracts
Trades Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA18 August 2015
I had a great time on the Wheatstone project, only till the point that it was work no stop I don't care if you are emotionally drained attitude keep working, fantastic pay great hours
Pros
never miss a beat on the payroll
Cons
bad supervision
Good work balance
Structural Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kings Street Perth27 May 2015
Site supervisor for all structural works on site.
Managing contractors.
Monitoring budget for structure and programming
Daily communication with personnel to rectify problems as they arise.
Managing cranes / self-climbing jump form / 4x self-climbing blade walls / hoists / loading docks / screens around perimeter / structural steel / 20 stories in the air precast and drop zones.
All aspects of safety/ OHS involved.
One of the fastest high-rises built in Perth
good
Labourer (Former Employee) –  perth wa18 May 2015
Main duties of this position required unloading and delivering items to specific rooms within Perth’s Children’s Hospital. This job required me to use my initiative to problem solve whilst also working as a member of a successful team. Whilst working for John Holland I also carried out general labouring duties such as cleaning and maintaining my work area and ensuring all work is carried out within health and safety guidelines.
Great place to work.
SKILLED. (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA2 May 2014
i have learned a lot from the job,my other work mates and my supervisor.my co workers were great and as i.as we give info we know to each other.there was know hard part of the job as i love to work and meet other co workers.the only hardest part of the job is leaving your co workers and moving on.i really enjoy working with other workers cause you learn more every day and i think that great!
Interesting projects to work on
Construction Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA8 April 2014
Work area a challange due to nature of work flow from Telstra. You win the contract but the client did not send through the work that was stated in the original contract.
Pros
Traveled throughtout Australia and Hong Kong
Cons
away from home a lot
Overall a good company
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA4 April 2014
Over all a good company. Mainly Construction. Opportunities very limited in Australia at This stage.
Great company to work for
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  John Holland construction site West Perth31 December 2013
Highly autonomous role, with a friendly, outgoing team and creative people. The role was different in that I worked with samples, with architects and designers, unlike my usual roles where I work with mining executives or engineers. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and learned a lot about samples i.e. products that form part of a construction project, the technical data, and created templates for the project manager to keep track and for signage of samples. I produced labels of samples, prepared and presented samples. I realised how much work goes into a huge construction project such as the New Children's Hospital project in Perth. The hardest part was to leave as my contract could not be extended due to funding.
Lots of interesting projects and good working environment on site
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Perth, SCT7 November 2013
I've worked on major projects with JH and they've been really tough and challenging projects for various reasons. But they have made me a well rounded engineer and I have gained invaluable technical knowledge and management skills.
Pros
Learning and experiences
Cons
gruelling rosters, long days sometimes not enough staff
good place, intense though
contract administrator (Current Employee) –  perth14 May 2012
Strong quality team have learnt a lot in these years. Company has good remuneration.packages and a solid attire of work.
overall good working place
Feild Superintandant (Current Employee) –  Perth metro25 April 2012
Geat company to work for and there is always plenty to learn but after 4 yrs of constant night shift , it is time to move on