John Holland Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

High pressure but fun cohesive environment
Senior National Employee Relations Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 October 2016
The move from a regional to centralised ER structure was challenging and required management of many stakeholders, often with competing priorities.

However the change in structure was made easier with a very high performing ER team that was supported by senior leaders in the business.

With time, the previous regional HR teams saw the value in the centralised ER model and embraced the support, expertise and service that was offered.
Pros
Excellent work/life balance, strong team culture
Cons
Broad client base that often worked unsociable hours
You are treated like family
Site Secretary (Former Employee) –  Various Locations across Sydney12 November 2014
Once I had proven that I could do the job within the time frame given, then I was able to start when I liked and finish when I liked, provided I was not needed for anything important. My boss trusted me and I trusted him. He gave me freedom and in return, I gave him loyalty and respect. At times, being the only female on a construction site required settled nerves and I had full support of all my fellow workers! This job was the best job I have had in my working career. I was made to feel important and I loved it!! I cannot fault it at all.
Tier 1 Construction Leader in Australia
Project Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney Australia6 December 2013
John Holland, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Leighton Holdings Limited (ASX: LEI), delivers contracting, engineering and services solutions to the infrastructure, energy, resources and transport services sectors across Australia, New Zealand, South-East Asia, the Middle East and beyond.

Throughout our history, we have been entrusted with some of Australia’s most iconic projects and have grown into a diverse contracting company with 6,500 plus employees and $6.4b work-in-hand.

Expertise in complex building and civil construction and technical engineering has been at the heart of our business for over 60 years. John Holland has created many innovative civil engineering and construction techniques, some of which have become industry standard.

We also continue to lead the industry in the delivery of public building works, with specialist capabilities in the health, defence and education sectors. In recent years we have developed a suite of specialist capabilities that now define us and our brand. These capabilities have been the platform for our extraordinary growth over the recent decade. Our competitive advantage has been built through industry-leading specialist experience in tunnelling; water and wastewater process and treatment; heavy and industrial jetties and wharves; rail construction, maintenance and operations and rail concessions.

Above all else, the company has an unwavering commitment to safety, with the aim of knowing that everyone working with the business will return home safely every day.