John Holland Employee Reviews for Laborer

3.9Pay & Benefits
3.3Job Security & Advancement
good
Labourer (Former Employee) –  perth wa18 May 2015
Main duties of this position required unloading and delivering items to specific rooms within Perth’s Children’s Hospital. This job required me to use my initiative to problem solve whilst also working as a member of a successful team. Whilst working for John Holland I also carried out general labouring duties such as cleaning and maintaining my work area and ensuring all work is carried out within health and safety guidelines.
Long, Hard But Rewarding Days Working Along The Rail Road Tracks
Track Labourer (Former Employee) –  Western Australia29 June 2014
A Normal Day On The Tracks Was Basically Re-Sleeping The Tracks, Using Picaxes, Sledge Hammers, Dogging Poles, Drill Machines And Sleeper Removing Machines To Replacing The Old Worn Out Sleepers With New Sleepers So That The Tracks Will Be Much More Safer And Efficient For Trains To Ride One.

I Learn Always Be Ready And Cautious For Any Situation, There Is Only A Right Way And A Wrong Way To Do A Job, No Shortcuts.
Always Be Aware Of Your Surroundings And Make Sure Your Co-Workers Do To Since One Mistake Could Lead To Injury Or Even Death.
Everybody Comes To Work 'To Work', Any Other Event Can Wait After.

The Management Was Strict But For Safety Purposes, Made Sure Everyone Was Doing Their Part The Correct Way

The Co-Workers We're Really Helpful And Friendly, Can Always Rely On Them If Help Is Needed

The Part Of The Day Was The Long Walks On The Track, I Always Had To Make Sure I Was Up To Speed With Everyone Else Yet Manage To Keep My Body Hydrated And Full Of Energy So My Body Wouldn't Suffer From Fatigue.

The Easiest Part Of The Day Is When I Had Finished My Part Of The Job, I Would Go Back To Other Co-Workers And Give Them A Hand Making The Job Alot Quicker.
Difficult but worth it for the experience.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Karratha, WA22 October 2013
A typical day would include helping tradesmen, weather that be grinding, or moving gear. The hardest part was definitely working hard on days above 45 degrees
Pros
Long hours, so better pay.
Great company, loyal worker
labourer / site cleaner (Former Employee) –  middlemount, QLD18 May 2012
John Holland is a great company who i would recommend to anybody, everything from safety to staff is excellent
Pros
great rates
Cons
reasonable hours