John Holland Employee Reviews for Rigger

Productive and good work place and work crew
Crane Diver/Rigger at Wicet coal terminal (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD1 February 2016
A typical day at work is pre-start, told safety alerts, work task and work groups. Go look at task see what hazard and equipment need for task. Do JSA and Take 5 to identify hazards to pot controls in place before starting work. Get all tools and equipment and permits if needed for start task. Do the task when finished pot all tools and equipment away and rubbish in correct bins. What i learned that go planing and communication helps with good productivity. Could talk to management if you had any ideas. Co-workers would all help each other to get the task done. The hardest part was the sandflies. The most enjoyable part the job see what we built and making new friends.
transmission lineman high voltage
LINESMAN/RIGGER/ERECTOR (Former Employee) –  Pyrmont, NSW18 February 2015
Everyday before I start I usually start it with a simple prayer. for safety co-workers mate safety first it is very important to us. Most of my co-workers we just enjoy hardworking.In every work hardship is always there but I love my job so therefore every day become an easy day.
Pros
free lunches
great safety on the job
linesman,rigger (Former Employee) –  Chinchilla, QLD11 November 2014
they provide you the training and ticket for the job, and they look for the safety
entertainment fun when there any games
Rigger/Lineman/Erector (Former Employee) –  Pyrmont, NSW3 June 2014
Employees usually can not be forced to work if any bad weather.
As they say, nothing is lost if you follow or do. But if there is bad weather should force No.When you assign your management job you follow the correct prescribed you.Treat your co-workers as workers respect each other's.difficult or No. You love it because you work given.The integration work is a fun for all
Pros
allowance
Cons
long hour and overtime
I enjoyed the challenges of a different working environment everyday.
Rigger/ Bargemaster (Former Employee) –  Cape Lambert17 November 2013
Working on the water is my favourite proffession so to do it every day was a real bonus. My co-workers were a good bunch of guys to work with and I enjoyed teaching them about the marine way of doing things.
Pros
Good working environment with easy going fellow workers.
Cons
Did not like the working away from my young family.
the best place to work, fun, easy and challenging
Rigger Lineman (Former Employee) –  Queensland, Australia19 June 2013
always 10 hours of work in the field (8 hours regular day and 2 hours overtime, we always observe safety

I learned a bit of English Language since it was our meduim of communications there I also learned new things

Simply the best, free accomodtion and travel allowances, yearly vacation with pay and many more

The hardest part is language barrier because of the way they speak

When I perform my job well also, everytime I received my salary

construction of the material offloading facility on QCLNG Curtis Island
formworker, dogman rigger hsr (Former Employee) –  QCLNG, Curtis Island. Gladstone Qld24 September 2012
the overall construction of the MOF was 186 piles driven into the ground. With then drilled out to about 38 metres and then trammy filled with concrete to just the base of the pile. Then we had to install pile caps for each and every one of the piles. Then we had to assemble and attach tie rods to each pile ( 30 metres long). Then we had to put a 1500 x 900 capping beam around the whole 180+ metres. In that time I became the health and safety representative for approxamately 70 work staff, which gave me a better understanding of work place health and safety.
Pros
good rates
Cons
hot conditions