John Holland Employee Reviews for Trade Assistant

3.9Pay & Benefits
Was a great job
TRADE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Devils Creek WA8 June 2018
Was one of the first gas plants I worked on construction phase Karratha WA devil Creek superintendent the supervisors the scuff Crew Everybody was great to work with good morale boosters in the workplace would work there again if I could
Management was a mess
Casual - Labour/Trade Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Townsville QLD6 March 2018
I was only casual at John Holland who had a contract with the port of Townsville, nothing really got done, we just drove from one site to another. Didn't learn much and no one was really interested in doing much.
Pros
Cons
boss was useless
a good gym swimming pool games room and dry/wet mess
Serviceman / Trade Assist (Former Employee) –  pilbara21 May 2014
a typical day at work in the pilbara for me starts at 4.30 am ready for a 6.am pre start to discuss the days activities and work load. as a serviceman on rail i could cover 600 klm in the day depending on where our guys were positioned,between Newman and pt Hedland,management were fantastic i was never questioned on where i was heading for the day.the work crew,the guys working on track and on the track machines were all great to work with,the hardest part of the job was location,sometimes it was difficult to get to the machine and crews due to the isolation,the most enjoyable part of the job was the people and the landscape. the facilities were also very good, the day would finish at 6.pm.
Pros
the quality of the camp, ie dongers and amenaties
Cons
flies
Placed in good Camp
Trades Assistant (Former Employee) –  Osborne Park, WA4 February 2014
Job went as long as I was told at interview
Not an even sread of Experianced Workers