John Holland Employee Reviews

transmission lineman high voltage
LINESMAN/RIGGER/ERECTOR (Former Employee) –  Pyrmont, NSW18 February 2015
Everyday before I start I usually start it with a simple prayer. for safety co-workers mate safety first it is very important to us. Most of my co-workers we just enjoy hardworking.In every work hardship is always there but I love my job so therefore every day become an easy day.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
It was a good work place
Formwork Carpenter forman (Former Employee) –  Melb7 January 2015
I was incharge of the day to day running of works which was

paper work
prestarts
day works for the men
subcontractors
planning weeks ahead
working with management
Pros
safe work place
Cons
Good hours
its a great place to work
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD18 December 2014
turn up on time with a good attitude , enjoyed the workers lots of diffrnt personalitties, the operation was ran in a very efficiant way and that made my work very enjoyable
Pros
good communication
Cons
every place has its bads it is what it is
Great Team Environment
HSE Advisor (Current Employee) –  Perth Central Business District, WA27 November 2014
I work in a great team, that has allowed me to broaden my knowledge in the construction process.
My general day involves supporting the team in OSH related matters and coaching our contractors in on-site OSH requirements and assisting them improve there safety management systems.
The hardest part of my job is aggressive workers, but I use this as an opportunity to turn this into a positive as in most occasions the worker in question does not have a clear understanding of there OSH requirement, hence an opportunity to enhance a positive safety culture.
Pros
Work with dedicated and professional work collogues.
Cons
Long Hours
Good communication with Corporate
Project Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gladstone20 November 2014
Good place to work. Good communication channels with managers.
Pros
Flexability in work hours in an emergency
Cons
Long Hours away from home.
Nil comment
Alliance Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney20 November 2014
Worked on the Alliance Management Team implementing safety programs and establishing best practice / innovations in safety in the delivery of the program including mentoring management / supervisors and the safety team of 6 subordinates ensuring positive safety results, culture and behavioural change.
The Priority Sewerage Program Alliance $150 million program was established to provide sewer reticulation, transfer, treatment and discharge schemes within un-sewered communities of Sydney which included the design, construction, testing and commissioning of plastic and metallic reticulation and transfer pipe work including new sewerage pumping stations of varying capacity and also upgrading existing sewage treatment plants and pumping stations.
You are treated like family
Site Secretary (Former Employee) –  Various Locations across Sydney12 November 2014
Once I had proven that I could do the job within the time frame given, then I was able to start when I liked and finish when I liked, provided I was not needed for anything important. My boss trusted me and I trusted him. He gave me freedom and in return, I gave him loyalty and respect. At times, being the only female on a construction site required settled nerves and I had full support of all my fellow workers! This job was the best job I have had in my working career. I was made to feel important and I loved it!! I cannot fault it at all.
great safety on the job
linesman,rigger (Former Employee) –  Chinchilla, QLD11 November 2014
they provide you the training and ticket for the job, and they look for the safety
Working only various projects throughout Western Australia
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Western Australia9 November 2014
Enhancing my abilities, knowledge and experience within the construction industry. This has enable me to have a vast experience in all administrative roles in any working environment.
The team at John Holland were good to work with.
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buxton, NSW7 November 2014
I would work for John Holland again If a n opportunity arose.
Working with a great team
Form worker (Former Employee) –  Townsville27 September 2014
Just working with great hard working team with same fun on the way , great experience all round and a great job to be on
Pros
working in a great place Townsville
Cons
Great weather
Good Company to work for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Darwin, NT16 September 2014
There is no day that was the same at the Itchy Project, the hardest part of my job was making sure that the company did not lose money and that the machines ran efficiently. The most enjoyable part of my day was no one point. I meet a lot of new friends
Pros
Buses to and from work site
Cons
away from my family for a month
Most enjoyable job with many challenges.
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tullamarine Airport Victoria8 September 2014
A most enjoyable job with many daily challenges both internal and external.
Pros
The ability to work with minimum supervision.
Cons
No job security.
great industry to work in
Truck Driver/Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  through out australia7 September 2014
it was an awesome job every day was different learning a lot about the transmission industry
productive workplace
ALL ROUNDER (Current Employee) –  gladstone26 August 2014
great people fifo culture is balanced and most are happy with roster
Good company to work for.
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Excavator operator11 August 2014
Enjoyed working with this company on a diverse range of tasks.
Construction of Jetty and Wharf for APLNG
Crane Op / Adv rigger / Leading Hand (Current Employee) –  Gladstone, QLD28 July 2014
Getting to work and seeing what challenges are installed for the day and working with the crew to work them out and make the most of the day.
Pros
Get to work on an island every day
Cons
Long travel hours and change of transport
productive and safe
plant operator (Former Employee) –  Ballarat, VIC16 July 2014
On a typical day place 1800-2500 tonne of rock, working with about 6 other operators, we would work safely and productively. I have learnt about safety and environmental. I enjoy working with other co-workers
over all i will never work for the melbourne division again
Leading Hand (Former Employee) –  South Morang Rail Extension Project30 June 2014
There was a really poor culture within the company built on lies
Pros
Cons
everything
Long, Hard But Rewarding Days Working Along The Rail Road Tracks
Track Labourer (Former Employee) –  Western Australia29 June 2014
A Normal Day On The Tracks Was Basically Re-Sleeping The Tracks, Using Picaxes, Sledge Hammers, Dogging Poles, Drill Machines And Sleeper Removing Machines To Replacing The Old Worn Out Sleepers With New Sleepers So That The Tracks Will Be Much More Safer And Efficient For Trains To Ride One.

I Learn Always Be Ready And Cautious For Any Situation, There Is Only A Right Way And A Wrong Way To Do A Job, No Shortcuts.
Always Be Aware Of Your Surroundings And Make Sure Your Co-Workers Do To Since One Mistake Could Lead To Injury Or Even Death.
Everybody Comes To Work 'To Work', Any Other Event Can Wait After.

The Management Was Strict But For Safety Purposes, Made Sure Everyone Was Doing Their Part The Correct Way

The Co-Workers We're Really Helpful And Friendly, Can Always Rely On Them If Help Is Needed

The Part Of The Day Was The Long Walks On The Track, I Always Had To Make Sure I Was Up To Speed With Everyone Else Yet Manage To Keep My Body Hydrated And Full Of Energy So My Body Wouldn't Suffer From Fatigue.

The Easiest Part Of The Day Is When I Had Finished My Part Of The Job, I Would Go Back To Other Co-Workers And Give Them A Hand Making The Job Alot Quicker.