Play YouTube video button
Joyce Mayne
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Joyce Mayne Employee Reviews

Australia11 reviews
Featured review
Joyce Mayne selected this as a representative review
A typical day at work would be arriving to work on time each morning, setting up my work station so that I am ready for clients, tidying up of the store, merchandising stock, refilling the shelves and answering calls. I learned about new products and systems daily and how to use that knowledge to improve my sales techniques, I would talk and liaise with my management team throughout the day discussing clients and problem sales if any and how to do better if another similar situation arises, a professional relationship kept at all times. Co-workers and I would help each other with sales, packing up displays/floor stock, assist each other with store duties and stock takes, always have good communication skills. The hardest part of the job was dealing with Irate clients, its can be bad if not handled correctly and professionally and this can reflect badly on the company. The most enjoyable part of the roles I have been in as per my resume i the fact that I got the chance to meet people everyday from all walks of life. got the opportunity to build good relationships with those clients and in turn they would always do business with me. It was always good to see familiar faces and that made my job that much more enjoyable.
Pros
Progression of client/staff relationships
Cons
Late hours.
I worked at joyce mayne as it was shutting down,
the last 6 weeks were the most eventfull and I learnt so much and did so much in a short time there, commissions were fantastic.
Sales and Customer Services
moving and repositioning products

Small Department

Customer complaints would be one of the most difficult parts of Sales and Service.

Enjoyable - giving me more confidence to be able to deal with complaints
This place was interesting and intriguing as I had a strong interest in the area that i was placed in. The people were lovely and made me feel so welcome.
This was a work experience placement short term for one month.
I worked at both Joyce Mayne and Harvey Norman Warrawong. I enjoyed the experience.
Productive and fun workplace, supportive management.
Friendly, welcoming and Team work made going to work pleasurable.
Serving customers,merchandising, phone calls and housekeeping
I got to learn about selling Beds, Bedroom furniture, types of materials they were made from and keeping them up to date

Management were organised and trained well

I loved working with all my work collegues because they helped me learn a lot about the products and enjoyed it very much

Moving furniture and unpacking them and putting together beds etc

Continuous learning, training and rewards of commission was great
Pros
easy customers
Cons
Working every single weekend
As when I first applied I never knew anything of this line of work. But as any job I learn and adapt. Receiving of electrical products and furniture plus computer section. Plus customers picking up there own products and arranging delivery if so required. Management was good over the years there have seen 5 managers come and go from each section, due to advancement in the company. My fellow co-workers in the warehouse were good and worked as a team. There were days when everything seemed to arrive at once but not to panic and press on. The friends I have made over the years such as warehouse staff,sales and managers plus customers to....drivers.
Pros
Every day was different and a challenge.
Cons
Can be tedious at times but thats with any job.
Ad by WebsteroidsXXMy typical day at work is arrive 10 - 20 minutes early, put belongings away, greet the manager and co-workers then see if any customers are in store that may need some assistance. Go and see the 2IC, see if there are any allocated jobs for the day, if not I find myself something to do. I follow up customers orders, make calls to suppliers and customers, keep an eye on the floor at all times for customers and greet them as they come in and offer assistance too them. There may be furniture that needs to be unwrapped and/or put together and placed on the floor, or some furniture may need to be wrapped up because it has been sold. If all jobs are done and its quiet I start to clean the store, I do this on a part time basis 5 days a week 4 hours a day, 20hrs each week unless a co-worker is on holidays or unwell I do more hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting all different types of personalities that come into our store which can also be the hardest part of the job when dealing with unhappy customers. I have learned a lot from this position, it has helped me deal with my own personality as I was always a quiet person and I believe I am getting better at opening up to people which I am grateful for. I have learned more about how businesses are run and just how much is involved it amazes me. I have enjoyed this job from day one and so proud of how far I have come since then. Looking forward to an even bigger and better future and adventures.
Pros
family orientated
I enjoyed working within this industry as there were alot of different aspects of the job and I enjoyed learning along the way
I always arrived earlier than necessary to have a coffee with the staff.
I followed a fairly strict schedule due to the high volume of tasks that needed to be finalised by the end of each day.

My Management/Franchisees were easy to communicate with as we had worked together for a number of years.

As my office was within staff view, I was always available to help with any situation. I had worked with many of the staff for some years and I was part of the team.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that it had many facets to it. There was always something different to attend to, either with customer service, staff and or warehouse/store issues.
Pros
good working environment. good management.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Joyce Mayne. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3