Just Better Care

Just Better Care Employee Reviews

Australia83 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

On the decline - Communication/Customer service

Had joined this company with high hopes, as I had similar views with their mission statement and company culture. Regrettably in recent times things have changed, more so in the last 2 years as feedback from customers I work with seem to have experience the same things. Primarily rostering and communication issues - i.e. lack of updating customers with recent changes (big problem), telling the customers what they want to do rather than listening to what the customer wants, unfulfilled commitments, leaving customers I work with, with an ever-increasing frustration, leaving them no choice but to migrate elsewhere. This is very unfortunate... Also believe the customers have also suffered due to rapid expansion; and lack of staff and or quality staff to cater accordingly as a result.

Pros

Love my job! They've treated me well. Should always be about the customer.

Cons

Image of the company does not necessarily reflect the reality of the present underlying issues.

28 August 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We value this feedback so we can continuously improve; and we are sorry to learn that your experience was not as you had hoped. We are very disappointed to learn we have not met your expectations and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your particular experience further so we can continuously improve. We will be sure to discuss your review/feedback with the local management team.

Just Better Care : Blue Mts : good to work for on the whole

Just Better Care were good to work for. They treat their staff fairly and you have alot of autonomy. The only thing really is that at the time I worked for them they did not pay petrol so you had to claim back on tax.

28 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience as a former Employee. We value feedback from staff and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your time working with Just Better Care. We will be sure to discuss your review/feedback with the local management team.

Fun workplace

It is a fun place to work with. Nice people. nice environment. complete package in terms of work. understanding workplace.. Nice management and workmates

Pros

Motivation

Cons

nothing

28 August 2022

It’s a great place to work for, great staff . I’m grateful to have met all of them. It’s just that I couldn’t manage I had family issues as I said just better care is great place to for

13 March 2022

Wagga office is very small and a relaxed environment

I really enjoyed working at JBC the management are friendly and very supportive. Head office is in based in Sydney but had monthly zoom meetings and they would come down on a regular basis to meet with the team.

Wouldn’t recommend

I enjoyed carrying out my job role as a care worker. However, after a period of time couldn’t do my job role in a satisfactory way due to how Management runs business. Made my job as a carer very difficult

27 February 2022

Great company that cares and works with you.

A team orientated company who reallycare about their staffand their clients. Open and approachable. Knowledgeable and and always looking for ways to educate staff further. Shows appreciation through encouragement and gratitude and encourage growth in their staff.Great support team for the care workers out on the road, you can call to ask questions at any time. Feedback from clients is encouraged and actioned. You really feel supported and appreciated here.

Pros

Supported and appreciated.

Toxic work environment

The environment is very toxic and stressful. The culture needs to change. There are very little to none professional development opportunities and career progression.

Pros

Manly office

12 December 2021

Excellent

Great company to work with. They are very flexible with work and life balance. They are reliable and friendly bunch of staff members at head office, who area always available if needed..

Pros

Paid over the award rate. Weekly pay and kilometres paid for only when a client is in your car.

Cons

You have to pay for your work petrol and kilometres driving from site to site are not paid for.

28 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience as a current employee. We value feedback from staff so we can continuously improve the employee experience. We will be sure to discuss your review/feedback with the local management team.

I really liked working at this company: they take good care of the carers

You get training to do the job competently, the hours are flexible, the pay rate is good, and management are approachable - really listen and are sensitive to employees' capabilities and availability.

28 June 2021

Poor communication

Office staff have poor communication and after hours person turn the phone off between 10pm and 6am. Staff aren't treated well. Many staff members have left due to poor communication and being over worked or for being underappreciated for the work that they do.

Pros

Choose your own hours

Cons

Poor communication

28 June 2021

Productive and nice place to work

Excellent place to work. Shame I had to leave due to personal issues. Owners of the business are very pleasant and supporting people. Excellent work culture

7 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience as a former Employee. We value feedback from staff so we can continuously improve the employee experience. We will be sure to discuss your review/feedback with the local management team.

Fun creative and forfilling

Had my interview with a lovely person the manager who gave me tips about the job. Since I started customers have been honest about my experience which is great.

Pros

Work close to home

Cons

More hours required

13 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback as a current employee, We value feedback from staff so we can continuously improve the employee experience. We are happy to hear your positive comments and that you are enjoying working with JBC. We will be sure to discuss your review/feedback with the local management team.

not good management

not good management, not good clients, the coordinator is not professional, company only care about revenue don't care about staff. lack of training.

13 December 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We value this feedback so we can continuously improve; and we are sorry to learn that your experience was not as you had hoped. We are very disappointed to learn we did not meet your expectations and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your particular experience further so we can continuously improve. We will be sure to discuss your review/feedback with the local management team.

Good company to work for

Just opened in lismore, had a couple of teething problems ,some unqualified staff employed which was of concern. I understand since new management have been employed the issues have been rectified . Apart from those it's a great company to work for, head office very approachable and care about their staff.

Pros

Great team

Cons

Travel between clients

5 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience as a former Employee. We value feedback from staff so we can continously improve the employee experience. We will be sure to discuss your review/feedback with the local management team

Supportive working environment

The bosses and co ordinators look after their staff really well. We’re provided with regular training, uniforms, personal protective equipment and all the necessary guidance to do your job to the best of your ability. We are matched with clients that suit or strengths and skills. I would recommend JBC Newington to any community support workers.

Pros

Great hourly rate, flexible working hours

Cons

No annual leave or sick leave. Casual work.

20 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience as a current employee. We value feedback from staff so we can continuously improve the employee experience. We are happy to hear your positive comments and that you are enjoying working with JBC. We will be sure to discuss your review/feedback with the local management team.

Not enough support for carers

Clients were lovely but head office mostly leave it up to carers to sort things out Bad communication with shift changes eg sometimes not getting told about cancellations before you turn up When you transport a client in your own car they charge clients more than they reimburse you Too many gaps between short shifts and long distances between clients Just not worth it sometimes

Pros

Great making clients feel happy

Cons

Head offiice dont make it easy

23 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Across our network our Coordinators role involves matching staff availability, skills and preferences with the needs and preferences of our customers. Many staff who work with us enjoy concurrent shifts, particularly when they have a number of customers requesting their services in the same area. However, at times there may be some gaps in rosters due to customer needs, service/skill requirements and support staff preferences. Where possible our Coordinators endeavour to provide concurrent services for support workers, but we recognise that it is not always possible. It is an ongoing challenge and juggle to balance the needs of customers with the right staff. However, we know our local Coordinators strive to do their best for both our customers and staff. We appreciate your feedback and sincerely wish you all the best for the future.

Really great working there

it was great working with just better care . I had a really good experience from my team and the management. I recommend it to everyone because it changed my life a lot.

Pros

Good care about the staff

8 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience as a form Employee. We value feedback from staff so we can continously improve the employee experience. We will be sure to discuss your review/feedback with the local management team

Supervisors have a lot to learn

Unfortunately some of the supervisors are plain mean and I dreaded ringing asking for advice. That is their job. To be calming and supportive not criticising you and the clients. Other supervisors were lovely and so helpful and I am sorry to have left.

17 May 2020

Just Better Care

They are absolutely awesome to work for. I found them one of the nicest companies to work for and lovely clients to assist also. Very easy work, nothing too difficult. Debbie.

19 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience in working with Just Better Care. We are so pleased to hear your feedback about the management team and the friendly workplace culture. We will be sure to pass your feedback on to the Gold Coast Team

Good!

Working for Just Better Care is a good experience. The tasks that I do for the clients are not hard. I am gaining a good salary here. The team members are good and approachable as well.

19 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience as a current employee. We value feedback from staff so we can continously improve the employee experience. We will be sure to discuss your review/feedback with the local management team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Just Better Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Just Better Care with