Play YouTube video button

Just Better Care selected this as a representative review
Just Better Care Illawarra- Great Organisation
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Illawarra NSW28 September 2018
Disability Support Worker
Online roster which is easy to follow
Training sessions year round
Very supportive & approachable management team
Workplace culture is friendly & always ready to listen
Hardest part of my job is seeing clients deteriorate
Most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference.
Just Better Care Illawarra is a fantastic company to work for.
Pros
Supportive team
Cons
Can't think of any
It’s ok
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 August 2019
I worked for the for about 18 months. It’s not worth to travel for services of 1 or 2 hours only.
Sometimes you have to do a lunch service that is an 1 hour and then go back for dinner service that is another hour.
Management is ok. However they did promised sponsorship to a few support workers which unfortunately never happened and these poor ladies had to returned to their home countries. Not nice.
Pros
Cons
Split shift, not enough hours
Great company to work for
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Illawarra NSW1 August 2019
Steady clients and roster
Good supportive team
Rewards for working hard
Easy roster to follow on your phone
Best company I've worked for, will never leave
Communication not the best
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Mornington Peninsula VIC19 July 2019
Whilst the clients are delightful there is no job security employed as a casual.
A lot expected of the staff and communication from the top could be a lot better.
Pros
The clients
Cons
No job security . Low wages
22 July 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We value this feedback so we can continously improve; and we are sorry to learn that your experience was not as you had hoped. Across Just Better Care we do offer a number of casual opportunities to ensure our workforce is flexible to meet changing customer needs. We understand this does not suit everyone. However, we do offer permanent opportunities as well and have many long term staff members who enjoy regular hours with clients. Many of our clients enjoy seeing the same staff and we strive to achieve this where possible. Again, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We wish you all the best.

AIN (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD14 July 2019
Hard to get responses or call backs for information on new clients
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD3 April 2019
Management is pretty hit and miss. Sometimes have to chase up a number of times for information regarding clients and often don't get it until the day before service. Some office staff can be quite blunt. Only offer casual hours, and they are often minimal or cancelled after you have adjusted your time/other work around covering shifts.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay rate is only average. Misleading brokerage rates.
22 July 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience as a current employee. We value feedback from staff so we can continously improve the employee experience. We will be sure to discuss your review/feedback with the local management team.

Ok for the interim
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 April 2019
While the job is rewarding, the hours are very unreliable and unpredictable. If you are looking for a long career, this won't be it. Many people work more than two jobs to make up the hours.
Pros
Clients are lovely
Cons
Lack of hours
14 June 2019

Thank you for your feedback about your experience. We are pleased to hear you found the role rewarding. We appreciate your feedback around the working hours. While we do our best to match staff availability & preferences with the needs of our customers, it can prove challenging at times. Many staff do enjoy working up to 38 hours a week with regular customers and enjoy flexible working hours, however the nature of our industry means that we may not always be able to match preferred hours of staff with customers. Thanks again for your feedback and review, it is appreciated.

Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Penrith NSW7 March 2019
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Campbelltown NSW8 January 2019
productive and fun workplace
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Kallangur QLD5 January 2019
that was good experience, a typical day at work, management are good, workplace culture is good, the job is enjoyable, I learned a lot about people. that job is good for start in the industry.
Pros
good people
Cons
salary
Great bosses but not paid enough for petrol or hourly rate
Home and community care (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD12 November 2018
Great boss and lovely clients and flexible hours. I am a single mother with two young children and they worked around school hours and weekends for me accomodating my situation and were completely understanding.
Pros
If your good at it, you can have all the work you want.
Cons
Not enough money for fuel and hourly rates
19 November 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback. We pride ourselves on being able to offer flexible work arrangements and know the role can be very rewarding. The management team at Gold Coast will be pleased to hear about your review and rating. As you may be aware, hourly rates are set in line with Fair Work requirements for our industry and are reviewed in July each year (so they will be reviewed again come July). Again, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience working with us, it is greatly appreciated.

Great workplace; engaged, passionate colleagues and excellent support
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Inner West NSW29 October 2018
I've been working for JBC for 1.5 years, the Organization place great value on work/life balance and it's very flexible. There is also great support available from the whole franchise network and team leaders and managers are passionate, driven, caring and empathetic not only towards clients but also towards all members of the team.
Cons
Home care is an Industry that faces many challenges
11 November 2018

Thank you for sharing feedback about your experience and the benefits of working with the team at JBC. This feedback is invaluable to us.

Family owned franchise
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hornsby NSW28 August 2018
A typical day at work would be rostering, data entry and supporting clients and staff on phone. Management is very supportive and staff are long term employees. There is alot of positiveness in the office and everyone supports one another.
Pros
Free lunches weekly from management
Cons
too far to travel for myself
9 September 2018

We are so pleased to hear you had such a positive experience working with Just Better Care. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback around the positiveness in the office and supportive work environment. We will be sure to pass this feedback on to the Franchise Owner at the Hills to Hornsby Office

Wishing you all the best in your future career endeavours.

Best regards,
Just Better Care Australia

Ex Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Campbelltown NSW24 July 2018
High management staff turn over. You are expected to drive long distances between clients, for shifts of just 1 or 2 hours, with no travel time or km paid. Big gaps between clients, which means waiting for hours in ur car. Rosters will change with no notice or explanation as to why u have lost regular clients. Very few buddy shifts, and zero on the job training
Pros
The odd Sunday shift
Cons
No paid km or travel times, no advance rosters, long distances between clients, Big gaps between clients. Thankless management, no on the training, lack of buddy shifts
Not happy with how was been treated
Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 July 2018
I wasn't happy with how the manager of Just Better Care treated me at all, I was just learning. And she said that she would keep my nan posted with how I was doing but she didn't, so it was a shock when I was fired
Pros
not having face to face interactions
Cons
never gave me more hours
Very good place to work
Care Worker and disability support worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 July 2018
Staff are very supportive and clients are also lovely, better provided all information about the job of what to do in the job and if you needs help the staff are there to support you in anyway good hours and money is good
Pros
Uniforms, water bottles, bags
Cons
Good hours
very good for my work experience and opportunities
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Varsity Lakes QLD21 May 2018
work was good, I enjoy learning company has given privilege to staff gain and improve by supporting free online courses( understanding dementia). The enjoyable thing was meeting new people sharing their life experiences.
Pros
assisting staff to improve their skills
Cons
drive a long way in distances between clients without getting paid.
Lovely Clients to work with
Personal Care Assistant for the Aged and Disabled (Former Employee) –  Cobram VIC18 May 2018
I had some lovely clients I worked with but management was a little over powering and hard to get along with. My job was uncomplicated but did get complicated when things were changed, by government agencies when they bought in the NDIS.
Pros
Great people in the office and lovely client base
Cons
Upper Management hard to get along with
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Macarthur NSW9 May 2018
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverina NSW28 February 2018
go working environment
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Shepparton VIC14 January 2018
i love working there and it was good as i got to meet new people and i got along well with co worker and clients as i enjoyed my work and i was sorry i left

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Just Better Care. Our community is ready to answer.