Just Better Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Just Better Care Employee Reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Just Better Care Illawarra- Great Organisation

Featured review

Just Better Care selected this as a representative review
Disability Support Worker Online roster which is easy to follow Training sessions year round Very supportive & approachable management team Workplace culture is friendly & always ready to listen Hardest part of my job is seeing clients deteriorate Most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference. Just Better Care Illawarra is a fantastic company to work for.

Pros

Supportive team

Cons

Can't think of any

1 October 2018
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience in working with Just Better Care. We are so pleased to hear your feedback about the management team and the friendly workplace culture. We will be sure to pass your feedback on to Jason & the office team at Just Better Care Illawarra.Warm regards,Just Better Care Australia

I really liked working at this company: they take good care of the carers

You get training to do the job competently, the hours are flexible, the pay rate is good, and management are approachable - really listen and are sensitive to employees' capabilities and availability.

28 June 2021

Poor communication

Office staff have poor communication and after hours person turn the phone off between 10pm and 6am. Staff aren't treated well. Many staff members have left due to poor communication and being over worked or for being underappreciated for the work that they do.

Pros

Choose your own hours

Cons

Poor communication

28 June 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We value this feedback so we can continuously improve; and we are sorry to learn that your experience was not as you had hoped. We are very disappointed to learn we have not met your expectations and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your particular experience further so we can continuously improve. We will be sure to discuss your review/feedback with the local management team.

Productive and nice place to work

Excellent place to work. Shame I had to leave due to personal issues. Owners of the business are very pleasant and supporting people. Excellent work culture

7 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience as a former Employee. We value feedback from staff so we can continuously improve the employee experience. We will be sure to discuss your review/feedback with the local management team.

Fun creative and forfilling

Had my interview with a lovely person the manager who gave me tips about the job. Since I started customers have been honest about my experience which is great.

Pros

Work close to home

Cons

More hours required

13 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback as a current employee, We value feedback from staff so we can continuously improve the employee experience. We are happy to hear your positive comments and that you are enjoying working with JBC. We will be sure to discuss your review/feedback with the local management team.

not good management

not good management, not good clients, the coordinator is not professional, company only care about revenue don't care about staff. lack of training.

13 December 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We value this feedback so we can continuously improve; and we are sorry to learn that your experience was not as you had hoped. We are very disappointed to learn we did not meet your expectations and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your particular experience further so we can continuously improve. We will be sure to discuss your review/feedback with the local management team.

Good company to work for

Just opened in lismore, had a couple of teething problems ,some unqualified staff employed which was of concern. I understand since new management have been employed the issues have been rectified . Apart from those it's a great company to work for, head office very approachable and care about their staff.

Pros

Great team

Cons

Travel between clients

5 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience as a former Employee. We value feedback from staff so we can continously improve the employee experience. We will be sure to discuss your review/feedback with the local management team

Supportive working environment

The bosses and co ordinators look after their staff really well. We’re provided with regular training, uniforms, personal protective equipment and all the necessary guidance to do your job to the best of your ability. We are matched with clients that suit or strengths and skills. I would recommend JBC Newington to any community support workers.

Pros

Great hourly rate, flexible working hours

Cons

No annual leave or sick leave. Casual work.

20 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience as a current employee. We value feedback from staff so we can continuously improve the employee experience. We are happy to hear your positive comments and that you are enjoying working with JBC. We will be sure to discuss your review/feedback with the local management team.

Not enough support for carers

Clients were lovely but head office mostly leave it up to carers to sort things out Bad communication with shift changes eg sometimes not getting told about cancellations before you turn up When you transport a client in your own car they charge clients more than they reimburse you Too many gaps between short shifts and long distances between clients Just not worth it sometimes

Pros

Great making clients feel happy

Cons

Head offiice dont make it easy

23 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Across our network our Coordinators role involves matching staff availability, skills and preferences with the needs and preferences of our customers. Many staff who work with us enjoy concurrent shifts, particularly when they have a number of customers requesting their services in the same area. However, at times there may be some gaps in rosters due to customer needs, service/skill requirements and support staff preferences. Where possible our Coordinators endeavour to provide concurrent services for support workers, but we recognise that it is not always possible. It is an ongoing challenge and juggle to balance the needs of customers with the right staff. However, we know our local Coordinators strive to do their best for both our customers and staff. We appreciate your feedback and sincerely wish you all the best for the future.

Really great working there

it was great working with just better care . I had a really good experience from my team and the management. I recommend it to everyone because it changed my life a lot.

Pros

Good care about the staff

8 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience as a form Employee. We value feedback from staff so we can continously improve the employee experience. We will be sure to discuss your review/feedback with the local management team

Jobs at Just Better Care

See more jobs

Supervisors have a lot to learn

Unfortunately some of the supervisors are plain mean and I dreaded ringing asking for advice. That is their job. To be calming and supportive not criticising you and the clients. Other supervisors were lovely and so helpful and I am sorry to have left.

17 May 2020

Just Better Care

They are absolutely awesome to work for. I found them one of the nicest companies to work for and lovely clients to assist also. Very easy work, nothing too difficult. Debbie.

19 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience in working with Just Better Care. We are so pleased to hear your feedback about the management team and the friendly workplace culture. We will be sure to pass your feedback on to the Gold Coast Team

Good!

Working for Just Better Care is a good experience. The tasks that I do for the clients are not hard. I am gaining a good salary here. The team members are good and approachable as well.

19 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience as a current employee. We value feedback from staff so we can continously improve the employee experience. We will be sure to discuss your review/feedback with the local management team

Working in the community was great

Working in the community sector was great but the management of the company was lacking in communication with staff and clients. Getting supplies was hard and talking to management about issues resulted in getting hours cut back to a non sustainable amount which resulted in having to leave the company

5 April 2020

Love the clients but not the rest

Had the most lovely clients who were super amazing to work for, however, communication between the office and workers was lacking and had many miscommunications and double booking of shifts. Some of the office staff were really abrupt and rude when you weren't able to accept shifts or they wouldn't take into consideration personal situations. The clients were definitely worth the stress of it all.

29 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We would like to invite you to contact Just Better Care Australia should you wish to discuss further with us.We are very disappointed to learn we did not meet your expectations and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your particular experience further so we can continuously improve.

flexible hours

Supportive office staff. Got an opportunities to deal with new clients with different health conditions and work in a challenging environment. Extra counselling provided to staff if needed.

29 March 2020
Thank you for sharing feedback about your experience. We are so pleased to hear your experience is positive and supportive. We pride ourselves on our training and professional development programs and our ability to offer flexible work arrangements for our staff. We are so glad you enjoy working with us.

Just better care was a great company to work for and had a great team of people i worked with in Young. Some days it was challanging but no day was the same. The people we cared for in there homes were all lovely people as well some cilents we would take doen the st to do some shopping or to there doctors appinments

3 March 2020
Thank you for sharing feedback about your experience. We are so pleased to hear your experience was positive and supportive. We pride ourselves on our training and professional development programs and our ability to offer flexible work arrangements for our staff. We are so glad you enjoy working with us

Unproffessional

Not fair to workers no training , or support No help when a problem accrues Need to problem solve yourself , no real team leader support , or management

Pros

Non

Cons

Lots

3 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Each office is independently owned and operated and it would be helpful to understand which office you were working with. We would like to invite you to contact Just Better Care Australia should you wish to discuss further with us.We are very disappointed to learn we did not meet your expectations and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your particular experience further so we can continuously improve.

Love working for Just Better Care

In my three year employment with JBC it’s been a Great company to work for if your self motivated, as this job involves you to be able to time manage well and work alone, but still be Part of a team.

27 January 2020

It was not a pleasant environment to work for . Management was very poorly handled depending on one person to be the eyes and ears I couldn’t work under those circumstances you felt that you where choking . When you have a massive turnover of staff in one place that is when you know something is wrong

12 January 2020

just better care

Good working in community, feel Like I’m making a difference Just better care Mornington allows me to Do This management do their Best to Support staff in the field

Pros

Independent working

29 December 2019

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Just Better Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Just Better Care