Just Better Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Just Better Care Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.3Work–Life Balance
3.1Pay & Benefits

Supportive working environment

The bosses and co ordinators look after their staff really well. We’re provided with regular training, uniforms, personal protective equipment and all the necessary guidance to do your job to the best of your ability. We are matched with clients that suit or strengths and skills. I would recommend JBC Newington to any community support workers.

Pros

Great hourly rate, flexible working hours

Cons

No annual leave or sick leave. Casual work.

20 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience as a current employee. We value feedback from staff so we can continuously improve the employee experience. We are happy to hear your positive comments and that you are enjoying working with JBC. We will be sure to discuss your review/feedback with the local management team.

Excellent

Great company to work with. They are very flexible with work and life balance. They are reliable and friendly bunch of staff members at head office, who area always available if needed..

Pros

Paid over the award rate. Weekly pay and kilometres paid for only when a client is in your car.

Cons

You have to pay for your work petrol and kilometres driving from site to site are not paid for.

28 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience as a current employee. We value feedback from staff so we can continuously improve the employee experience. We will be sure to discuss your review/feedback with the local management team.

I really liked working at this company: they take good care of the carers

You get training to do the job competently, the hours are flexible, the pay rate is good, and management are approachable - really listen and are sensitive to employees' capabilities and availability.

28 June 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience as a former Employee. We value feedback from staff so we can continuously improve the employee experience. We will be sure to discuss your review/feedback with the local management team

Good!

Working for Just Better Care is a good experience. The tasks that I do for the clients are not hard. I am gaining a good salary here. The team members are good and approachable as well.

19 April 2020

I like meet old people learn different culture.

I like pay rates and they friendly with all worker and helpfull they very good and friendly staff in office . They have good client. They are very respectful and kindly for staff and client. I enjey my job . I happy with just better care 👍😊

Pros

Pay

Cons

Nothink

29 December 2019
Thank you for sharing feedback about your experience and the benefits of working with the team at JBC. This feedback is invaluable to us.

Hard to get responses or call backs for information on new clients

Management is pretty hit and miss. Sometimes have to chase up a number of times for information regarding clients and often don't get it until the day before service. Some office staff can be quite blunt. Only offer casual hours, and they are often minimal or cancelled after you have adjusted your time/other work around covering shifts.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Pay rate is only average. Misleading brokerage rates.

22 July 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience as a current employee. We value feedback from staff so we can continously improve the employee experience. We will be sure to discuss your review/feedback with the local management team.

Ok for the interim

While the job is rewarding, the hours are very unreliable and unpredictable. If you are looking for a long career, this won't be it. Many people work more than two jobs to make up the hours.

Pros

Clients are lovely

Cons

Lack of hours

14 June 2019
Thank you for your feedback about your experience. We are pleased to hear you found the role rewarding. We appreciate your feedback around the working hours. While we do our best to match staff availability & preferences with the needs of our customers, it can prove challenging at times. Many staff do enjoy working up to 38 hours a week with regular customers and enjoy flexible working hours, however the nature of our industry means that we may not always be able to match preferred hours of staff with customers. Thanks again for your feedback and review, it is appreciated.

productive and fun workplace

that was good experience, a typical day at work, management are good, workplace culture is good, the job is enjoyable, I learned a lot about people. that job is good for start in the industry.

Pros

good people

Cons

salary

29 December 2019

Great bosses but not paid enough for petrol or hourly rate

Great boss and lovely clients and flexible hours. I am a single mother with two young children and they worked around school hours and weekends for me accomodating my situation and were completely understanding.

Pros

If your good at it, you can have all the work you want.

Cons

Not enough money for fuel and hourly rates

19 November 2018
We appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback. We pride ourselves on being able to offer flexible work arrangements and know the role can be very rewarding. The management team at Gold Coast will be pleased to hear about your review and rating. As you may be aware, hourly rates are set in line with Fair Work requirements for our industry and are reviewed in July each year (so they will be reviewed again come July). Again, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience working with us, it is greatly appreciated.

High management staff turn over. You are expected to drive long distances between clients, for shifts of just 1 or 2 hours, with no travel time or km paid. Big gaps between clients, which means waiting for hours in ur car. Rosters will change with no notice or explanation as to why u have lost regular clients. Very few buddy shifts, and zero on the job training

Pros

The odd Sunday shift

Cons

No paid km or travel times, no advance rosters, long distances between clients, Big gaps between clients. Thankless management, no on the training, lack of buddy shifts

Very good place to work

Staff are very supportive and clients are also lovely, better provided all information about the job of what to do in the job and if you needs help the staff are there to support you in anyway good hours and money is good

Pros

Uniforms, water bottles, bags

Cons

Good hours

Hard but rewarding job

The hours were long, the job was hard but the positive relationships you build with the clients is just wonderful and to see their achievements is even better, Unfortunately the company were always short on staff so the workload could be really high one week but then next to none the next week and this is okay for casual workers who do not need more hours and more security but it just did not work for me. I did however enjoy the job

Pros

You get to meet new people and build relationships

Cons

heavy lifting, personal care issues, long hours and extremely difficult when a client passes away

20 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Across our network our Coordinators role involves matching staff availability, skills and preferences with the needs and preferences of our customers. Many staff who work with us enjoy concurrent shifts, particularly when they have a number of customers requesting their services in the same area. However, at times there may be some gaps in rosters due to customer needs.we are sorry to learn that your experience was not as you had hoped. We value feedback from staff so we can continuously improve the employee experience. We will be sure to discuss your review/feedback with the local management team.

Enjoyed working with staff and interacation with Clients.

I had a good repour with Care workers and Clients. The hours were flexible. Management was easy to get on with.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Nil

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Just Better Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Just Better Care