Just Cuts

47: Just Cuts Employee Reviews

Australia47 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

It’s a good place to work

Can be demanding one haircut straight after the other. Especially when you have to carry staff that are a lot slower. They really don’t encourage building your own clientele base and expect customers to take a seat with the next available hairdresser.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Constant production line kind of work

Terrible place to work

Worst place to work. Owners only interested in money. Doesn’t care about staff or customers. Unqualified people employed. Must do haircuts in a specific time which is not realistic. No team players. Nasty staff members . Bad experience

The Best Salon and Kind Management

I've been in Hairdressing Industry for more than 15 years and Just Cuts Randwick is one of the most Fair Management I've ever worked for. Highly recommend Hairdressers to join the team if You're looking for a kind work environment.

Pros

Understanding Management

Cons

Be ready for busy weekends as usual

Hated it! Wish I’d left sooner!

I have never worked in an environment that is so unfulfilling, unprogressive and totally non-motivational. Their is zero incentive to excel, and zero recognition or acknowledgment for the work and the efforts that are put into the hours spent there. The staff are horrible and there is no team culture whatsoever. Horrendous communication from management. Owner never acknowledged or actioned repeated feedback about other staff’s behaviour or any other concerns or ideas for that matter. Rude and entitled clientele to put up with everyday. Sub-par hairdressing at best. No training or personal development at all. Completely draining and negative environment. Constant staff turnover. I had no inspiration to go to work at all. Would NOT recommend.

Pros

Leaving.

Cons

Casual/unstable work, no faith in leadership and no incentive to come to work

Toxic environment with no management and no respect

The environment of Just Cuts Waurn ponds was atrocious. So many people coming and going, no stability. Over worked and treated badly by clients and staff alike. No appreciation from management and no reason to come to work. The place absolutely ruins your mental health. There are no positives from working here. If you want to get treated like a slave with zero respect then maybe it’s for you.

Pros

You got paid

Cons

Everything else

productive and fun

In last 5 Years i worked 3 different Just Cuts. The first one was in ACT(Canberra) and the second 2 is in Melbourne. The ACT one was the best for me as they have the professional attitude, friendly, respectful working environment. But overall Just Cuts is a good working area.

Pros

Free dinner at meeting

Cons

more activities for stuff

Fast busy for men women and children

No personal appointments waiting queue for customers. Very clean. Wipes and individual tools. No chemical work at all. Just cuts. Opens 7 days a week and late thursdays

good

great place to work. everyone is very easy to get along with. The owners are always very good people and very understanding. always paid regarding to award wage.

great positive workplace

a fantastic environment to work in. a pleasant positive but competitive team member environment. I enjoy working for the company, we are kept very busy and leaves no room for negativity.

Good

Good work environment. Great people to work with. Good culture highly recommended. I was a hairdresser there and everything is as it should. The service they offer to their customers is good with great pricing.

Not a good experience

I worked here and it was not a great experience. The team I worked with was great but unfortunately it is not a comfortable workplace to be in. It’s hard to do your job when the people in charge don’t understand it. There is also a huge focus on retail usually to the detriment of actual cutting and styling.

fast paced

farced pace work place standing all day. management is pickey and I didn't enjoy working for the owners, most of us didn't, selling retail is a big part

Great place to work mate!!

Easy going, stress-free environment. Loved working here, especially the flexible hours and ability to work at multiple locations. Product sales bonuses were great too!

always on your feet, upbeat, face pace environment

Greeting clients as they step into the salon; take their inquiries and make them feel comfortable while they wait to be attended to. Answer the telephone and attend to inquiries made over the phone, Be very knowledgeable about various hair care products and give clients useful advice about the products if they seek your opinion. Check products in the salon to ensure that they are not out of stock, and inform management of products in shortage in order for them to place orders for more supplies

Very enjoyable and flexible

I enjoyed working for Just Cuts and I got to meet many amazing people along the way and have returned as a causal now as I look into other areas of work. It is great for family focused people and everybody!

Fast-paced workplace, with friendly co-workers and manager.

I learned a lot from my manager and co-workers who were very good people, always willing to help each other. The stylists were always making people feel more confident abut themselves.

Over all a good place to work,though as being an older style hairdresser,,a good cut and customer service,,setime takes more than 15 min

Loved working as part of the team,,25 years in the business, doing a cut every 15 min at times was inappropriate as you have different things to contend with,,then to have management on phone asking why it wasn't done in 15 min not bowing if client had fainted, wouldn't stay still,difficult,, ect,,a big part of hairdressing is also looking after your clients not just a production line,,

Excellent

Just Cuts has friendly environment, flexible hours, excellent management ,good payment .The most enjoyable part of the job for me was their friendly environment.

organised, productive.

Just Cuts is a highly organised company. They treat their employee's with respect and always consider their needs. They make sure the customer always leaves the store happy.

Pros

free haircuts

Cons

not enough hours

workplace

just cuts in brandon park was very organized and well looked after by the owner, the owner made me feel comfortable and overall amzing when got and left work. Overall great people to be around

Productive, friendly

I worked here for 4 months, and it was a very pleasant experience. The staff were lovely and so was the management. It was my first job and one I will not forget.

Pros

Free haircuts

Cons

Can be overwhelming

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Just Cuts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Just Cuts with