Justice Health and Forensic Mental Health Network
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Justice Health and Forensic Mental Health Network Management reviews

Australia7 reviews

Clear
3.3Work–Life Balance

Challenging environment to work.

Large multicultural government department offering great L & D and benefits. Busy clinical environment with restrictions and difficult patients with many medical and psychological problems. I learnt about file management, collaboration, policy's & procedures, privacy and medico legal. Most of all I learnt to be non judgemental.

They ended my career

Justice health is very dysfunctional and chaotic , inmates are falsely imprisoned a lot of the time and the staff aren’t very nice or helpful , there is a bullying culture and they lied about me and destroyed my career by putting a notification into ahpra about me saying I was danger to the public and effectively ended my nursing career and I was the only one who cared about the abuses happening

There are much better options out there

A bit of a tricky place to navigate. Cliquey, and full of overpromoted, inexperienced middle managers who are friends of friends, and so now their recent promotions makes sense. These people appear resentful of now being office based, and making it their mission to ensure that the larger teams working lives are made hellish day to day. No appreciation of the hard work.

Interesting opportunity to work within the Justice Health system.

My day consists of interacting with a diverse range of people which may include patients through to fellow staff members and also correctional staff. We attend to the administration of medications to the patients with the assistance of the correctional staff. My main job is to scribe patient information into the Medical Registers for the RN on duty. I have learned acceptance and understanding of individuals and their circumstances and work within my scope of practice as an AIN to ensure the highest quality healthcare is delivered to the patients each day. Management is supportive and co-workers are happy to assist me with education and guidance. I enjoy my work but am looking to further my career within the healthcare system through more permanent employment with increased hours.

Pros

Encourage education. Supportive.

Cons

Part time is only 20 hours per week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Justice Health and Forensic Mental Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question