KBR

47: KBR Employee Reviews

Australia47 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Found 47 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,428 reviews

Interesting and Varied Work, in various Engineering Industries.

The normal day started in the office resolving issues of Junior Engineers and other Discipline Engineers. The Work Place Culture was generally good although, being a American Company there were clashes with American Standards and Structures - out of Huston Texas. I assume that these clashes of Australian Standards and American have been resolved now. The Company had a issue with some staff managing issues to suit themselves. For example I came in one Monday to find all Computer had been re-imaged as some staff had loaded unlicensed software on their machines. When I queried about the Special Software I had on my machine being wiped I was told I had to buy a new license, as when they re-imaged my machine they didn't record the License details. Missing this software that had been Company Approved meant I could do my job efficiently. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to pass on my experiences to Junior Engineers in the Fields of Water, Mining and Oil and Gas.

Disorganised management

Too many managers trying to outshout each otherDid not notice subcontractors running the project to their own benefitGenerally people were fine to work with

relaxed attitude with a cando approach

Everyone that i had dealings with was a positive, forward thinking person with a great domineer. always ready to assist if required. Everyone was made to feel like they are contributing.

Great experience and the team are like family

the first KBR team i worked for have been like a family and even eighteen years later, we are all still in-touch with each other, and the second project was very similar.

Pros

communication, commitment to safety

Cons

no cons, i enjoyed every thing about the projects

A good place to work and grow

A good place to work and grow. The company is rapidly growing so lots of opportunities to work on interesting projects in various locations. Learning is self-driven but fully supported. Company does a lot of benefits they don’t advertise well.

Pros

Interesting work Job security Large company with opportunity to transfer Flexible workplace, family friendly

Cons

Graduate program could be further developed HR function is still developing

shame, shame and more shame on them what else can be said about the management, in the very beginning I loved my role until my back had too many knife wounds.

Pros

there are no pros unless you suckup

Cons

management a disgrace

KBR Australia Suffers from having a big Corporate American Overhead

KBR Australia has a high staff turnover with people being there for more than 4 years being unusual. The pay is OK, but many other defence contractors pay more. KBR's timesheet system is terrible, i.e. user unfriendly, often does not work etc. KBR does not pay as much as it should due to having to pay in to KBR America. KBR America only has a negative benefit to KBR Australia, i.e. stupid emails from HR, time consuming, user unfriendly performance reviews, too many presidents, vice presidents etc. KBR Australia has too many administration staff who are mainly useless and do not seem to appreciate that they are there to support the people who earn the money for KBR.

Very very productive, with very supportive management, and with very friendly culture.

Everything were excellent, in my opinion, with pleasant environment, the best salary/benefits received was from them, and a very friendly culture. I would like to work with them again for the reason of friendly culture even if I'll receive lesser the next time around.

A very good employer and a valued work environment

KBR provides an enjoyable work environment, ensures very good communications at all levels and values employees. There are good opportunities for advancement.

Remote location

Gorgon Project was a very interesting remote project with Chevron providing many things to make an excellent work place. This project was a major milestone for Australia

Pros Great Team of People

Management Non-attentive, rarely listen to their lower-level employees who as a whole have a better idea of what's going on than they do. Disregard proposed solutions for improvements and be more cost-effective.

Good team in the Sydney Office

Wish the Sydney office all the success for the future and was great working with them and the culture of the local team was great. Good place for a young engineer looking for experience.

Reasonable company to work for.

The working day at KBR are as per many Engineering companies. There is a good working culture, and a focus on progressing the work. Days vary depending upon the stage of the project.

Great experience working with KBR, worked with different people of different nationalities and cultural background.

Good working environment and workplace culture with professional staff, continue learning and provide opportunity to accept other relevant position as the project demand.

Pros

Frequent chance to visit family back home.

Cons

Short vacation.

Fast

At the time the joint venture was well run and organised. As the joint venture is unlikely to rekindle it is not work mentioned this comment in any review.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Work Life Balance

Hazardous

Working in Iraq. Enemy fire a continuous concern. Work 7 days a week, 12 hours per day. 2 Week paid vacation every 4 months. Meals and quarters provided. Temperatures can reach 145 degrees in the summer. Convoys between bases are extremely hazardous. Travel into and out of the country is hazardous. Great people on the sites.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Hazardous Duty

A very good company to be with, like the environment and the people.

My first American company to be with, very polite and friendly superiors, co-workers / colleagues, 8/3 weeks rotation is good for me. Compensation in KBR was the best so far, can't ask for more.

Pros

Friendly superiors, peers and construction team.

Cons

Assisted me with Migration from over seas

Large stable company who supported me through the G.F.C. Not active in the Mining Environment in Adelaide at the Moment Would return to this company again

unsatisfactory

KbRWyle is a poor choice for an employee. Management is disengaged and focuses on initiatives like Zero harm rather than the customer and employee satisfaction. Staff are not listened too and anyone with an opinion that is not aligned with mgmt will be pusged aside and may be terminated. This is not a safe environment for Contractors.

Pros

Feels good on Day1

Cons

every other day is worse

KBR Treatment of Contractors

KBR is a World wide organisation, operating in many interesting and exciting locations, which I relish.Recently completed a successful contract at Ichthys , Darwin, NT and was treated in accordance with their strict employment policies and another opportunity to work with an international company doing interesting projects would be very rewarding for my professional career,Regards

Production services network

The day to day maintenance activities included of access and egress means to work platforms around breakdown equipment. Removal and replacement of heavy/large items of plant, and equipment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KBR. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• KBR