KBR Inc
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

KBR Inc Employee Reviews

Australia39 reviews
KBR provides an enjoyable work environment, ensures very good communications at all levels and values employees. There are good opportunities for advancement.
KBR Australia has a high staff turnover with people being there for more than 4 years being unusual. The pay is OK, but many other defence contractors pay more. KBR's timesheet system is terrible, i.e. user unfriendly, often does not work etc. KBR does not pay as much as it should due to having to pay in to KBR America. KBR America only has a negative benefit to KBR Australia, i.e. stupid emails from HR, time consuming, user unfriendly performance reviews, too many presidents, vice presidents etc. KBR Australia has too many administration staff who are mainly useless and do not seem to appreciate that they are there to support the people who earn the money for KBR.
Gorgon Project was a very interesting remote project with Chevron providing many things to make an excellent work place.

This project was a major milestone for Australia
Management Non-attentive, rarely listen to their lower-level employees who as a whole have a better idea of what's going on than they do.
Disregard proposed solutions for improvements and be more cost-effective.
Wish the Sydney office all the success for the future and was great working with them and the culture of the local team was great. Good place for a young engineer looking for experience.
The working day at KBR are as per many Engineering companies. There is a good working culture, and a focus on progressing the work. Days vary depending upon the stage of the project.
Good working environment and workplace culture with professional staff, continue learning and provide opportunity to accept other relevant position as the project demand.
Pros
Frequent chance to visit family back home.
Cons
Short vacation.
At the time the joint venture was well run and organised. As the joint venture is unlikely to rekindle it is not work mentioned this comment in any review.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work Life Balance
Working in Iraq. Enemy fire a continuous concern. Work 7 days a week, 12 hours per day. 2 Week paid vacation every 4 months. Meals and quarters provided. Temperatures can reach 145 degrees in the summer. Convoys between bases are extremely hazardous. Travel into and out of the country is hazardous. Great people on the sites.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hazardous Duty
Large stable company who supported me through the G.F.C.
Not active in the Mining Environment in Adelaide at the Moment

Would return to this company again
KbRWyle is a poor choice for an employee. Management is disengaged and focuses on initiatives like Zero harm rather than the customer and employee satisfaction. Staff are not listened too and anyone with an opinion that is not aligned with mgmt will be pusged aside and may be terminated. This is not a safe environment for Contractors.
Pros
Feels good on Day1
Cons
every other day is worse
KBR is a World wide organisation, operating in many interesting and exciting locations, which I relish.
Recently completed a successful contract at Ichthys , Darwin, NT and was treated in accordance with their strict employment policies and another opportunity to work with an international company doing interesting projects would be very rewarding for my professional career,

Regards
The day to day maintenance activities included of access and egress means to work platforms around breakdown equipment.
Removal and replacement of heavy/large items of plant, and equipment
A typical day at work on the last project would include the following,

1 A progress meeting with my team of engineers and draftsmen. Sort out any problems by our joint effort or, if the problem involved client standard specs for instance, a meeting with the client representative.

2 Clear my personal work load which usually involved vendor queries concerning equipment on order and any problems with deliveries.

3 Drawing reviews which I would carry out myself if it concerned instruments and control systems (PLC design) and with other engineers when the drawings were other disciplines.

4 Always making myself available for assisting my team.
Pros
On that project, the atmosphere in the office was very pleasant.
Cons
As the project progressed, I thought the client tended to interfere at times.
Good working conditions & envirenoment to learn & get new skills. Ine of the best in field of project management. Would love to be part of any project.
Decision making driven by how company tracking globally, stifles innovation locally. People are generally nice to work with but morale is not that high, have been so many redundancies that everyone constantly wondering whether they will be next.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Beauracratic
There has been a perceptible shift in management style at KBR in the last two years or so. The culture is now one of perpetual crisis due to inadequate resourcing to save on costs - with an expectation that employees will work additional unpaid hours each week.
Great place to work, colleagues were amazing and fun.
With the type of work I was involved in, sometimes long hours were required to complete submissions, with time off in lieu given by management.
interesting challenges, exciting working on large project,travel ,management appreciative of work put in , health and safety was paramount, sorry that a downturn in the industry took place
Very bad management, with too many people from overseas? Do not employ to many from Queensland. I was bullied and neglected.
Pros
Cons
ExamAll the tenders need approval from USA
During my tenure, I have learnt to be a competent SAP user and other sub systems required in the Project. I had an excellent relationship with my direct reports and I would say we were the dream team and I would work with them again in a heartbeat.

My biggest challenge perhaps is dealing with bully at work which I believe is prevalent in all workplace. Also, being a Project Hire I am not entitled to any staff benefit apart from the standard 4-wk annual leave per year and Income Protection Insurance.
Pros
Great learning opportunities
Cons
Zero staff benefits for Project Hire