Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help: Coronavirus update

KFC Employee Reviews

Australia2,752 reviews
Found 2,752 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work
It was fun but when they had no training so you had to figure things on your own which wasn't as fun because you got lost a-lot. i had a few customers yell at me when i wasnt aware of new items or packaging.
Pros
good people
Cons
no training
Management poor
Bad experience with managers and quit on my own terms. When i had mildly made a rookie mistake, a manager onsite would ridicule me and make me feel really bad about the mistake.
Cons
extremely demanding
super productive, fun and fast paced environment
Would recommend to students or youth looking for their first job. Comfortable environment with very friendly coworkers/management, very strict on uniform.
Really good
Really good opportunity for first time employees going into the workforce for the first time and has ways where you have a career progress with kfc or a great staring point in your journey in the workforce
productive and fun workplace
productive and good team members to work with and overall a good work experience would recommended for a first job that KFC is a good place to start and good pay.
Pros
good enivorment
Cons
no discount while working
Good place for a first job
Manageable and flexible hours, perfect for an after school casual or first job. Management were nice and easy to communicate with, job roles were not to demanding.
Great for a first job
Busy
Fast Paced

No job security

No job/salary benefits

Minimum hours and shift options

Only recieved rosters the day before that week started so no warning for shifts.
Fast paced environment
Cash handling
Customer Service skills

Ability to handle difficult customers

Ability to cope with managers and team members in a stressful environment
Great store for you first job
KFC is a great fast food restaurant for someone getting there first job. It gives the worker basic responsibilities and most of the work colleges are around ages of 15-19. So for someone getting there first job as a teen your in a comfortable environment
Fast-Paced work environment, Lacking Effective Management
Working at my store was great for the most part. The team is great to work with, the environment is great for the most part. The culture of the store is very relaxed and friendly. Unfortunately the management can be pretty garbage. Constantly implementing new, ineffective programs and technology that were not properly tested and constantly were a hassle. The particular manager I worked under seemed to think he is better than everyone working for him, constantly correcting people, rearranging the store to "improve" things.
Productive, fun and collaborate workplace
The members are very cooperative and collaborative. They help each other in any way possible. The work is very fast-paced but there is sufficient downtime after some time.
quite dull but good people
the only plus was the people their to make friends and talk to but other then that its bland but usally very fast paced and always doing something but then all of a sudden no one comes in but then you have to clean and talk to your co workers
productive fast paced but relaxed work environment
a fun easy work environment with great co workers and learning experiences. there is always room to improve but heaps easy to learn, communicate, and work effectively
fun
it was fun fast pace can get physically demanding was working with a lot of fun people non stressful workplace people are real nice but long hours no breaks
Pros
discounts
Cons
can get busy
was very unprofessional
It taught me how sometimes in a workplace you can feel unvalued but instead of giving up you should continue to work hard and get through it. this was my first job but I would not recommend as it was very unprofessional and badly managed.
Pros
free lunch when filled out forms
Cons
bad management
Productive & good Work life balance
Great Place to work! Many things to learn & good collaborative culture, leading with heartstyles. Got to work on different projects while working across cross-functional teams. They pay well & have good perks like Half Day Fridays, Free Parking & monthly team bonding activities.
Great company, friendly co workers
I love chicken so it was heaven on earth, very good when it's closing time i'd take buckets of chicken and create my own burgers and wraps. Great team leaders too!
Productive and fun workplace
A good work environment to first start working at. It gives you the opportunity to gain work experience like working with a cash register, interacting with customers and looking after the restuarant.
Trash
Terrible place to work. I would finish school go to work and not finish until midnight at times trying to close shop with incompetent staff. Even though we couldn't do 2 closes p/week regularly would work 4-5. Some of the managers are unpleasant My boss at the time tried to fire me because I was assaulted by a customer.
fun place to work
good for a starter job, learn basic customer skills and order management Started when i was a teenager, able to work in multiple stores and get multiple shifts
A positive experience.
My experience in KFC is a positive one. The staff that I worked with were great and the work involved was reasonable and built skills that are applicable to many other jobs.