KFC Employee Reviews

Found 2,337 reviews matching the search See all 22,797 reviews
Fun Work Place
KFC team member (Former Employee) –  Palmerston NT20 May 2019
It was good for a first job, it helped me understood job roles not just in restaurants but in every other jobs and there alot of good workers that helped me through in training.
Pros
Discounts
Good but not for everyone
CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Mayfield NSW19 May 2019
A great first job but not something worth working for over 1-2 years if you're not enjoying. the pace can be too fast for some people but it makes you think and work smart to be as efficient as you can
Pros
chill colleagues
Cons
gets boring
fun workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Australia18 May 2019
very good to work at because staff are friendly and always keep you motivated and help with anything you may need, hours are good as well as the pay for me
good workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Browns Plains QLD18 May 2019
KFC was a great first job, being there taught me all about team work and how working together will get the job done faster.

The people were really nice and easy going.
productive and informative work place
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  nsw18 May 2019
working at KFC allowed me to be a fast patient employee as it aided me with working in a team and allowed me to learn different tasks that will allow me further on into the future.

the most enjoyable part of the job would be having to please and help customers even if it was just for 5 minutes

a typical day at work would include taking orders, serving, cleaning and aiding people in their jobs
Pros
making friends
Cons
It was an okay place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mount Druitt NSW13 May 2019
It was an okay place to work because sometimes when the managers weren’t playing games with there favourites they could be nice to you, and sometimes we got to take leftovers home
Pros
Taking leftovers home
Productive workplace, to learn the benefits of what It takes to work in the work force.
Fast food (Current Employee) –  Townsville City QLD12 May 2019
Kfc gave me the knowledge and understanding of what it is like in the work force. For my time during school, kfc was able to be flexible around my schooling hours.
Pros
Creating new friendships
Cons
Very fast passed
fast paced work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mill Park VIC12 May 2019
high communication skills to develop understanding of customer needs. difficult high pressures during peak times and dealing with demand of managers. not all other employees worked with were admirable.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
long hours and repetitive
An unstable workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hallam VIC11 May 2019
The amount of times that I have rocked up to work with them immediately shutting me off and saying sorry we got your shift cancelled and the amount of times they have acted unprofessional is endless. They had never once contacted me face to face but in fact have gotten team members to message me and I am surprised that such a establishment such as KFC has been opened for this long.
Nice people, the job itself is very challanging
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT & FOOD PREPERATION (Current Employee) –  Eltham VIC9 May 2019
The workplace is dirty and very hot. The other employee's in the workplace are always so nice and willing to help out. The management of the job gets out of hand very easily. A typical day in the job is definitely stressful but with the right people on the shift it can turn out okay.
Absolutely horrible do not work here
Team Member (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Brisbane City QLD9 May 2019
- The managers were dreadful and absolutely hated me

- They wouldn't give me any hours at all

- The 'culture' was not great at all

- One of the managers wouldn't let me go to the bathroom?

- A 29 year old manager was sleeping with one of their employees which is strictly a no in KFC 'culture'
Pros
sometimes when the managers were in a good mood, you got to take the food home which literally only happened once!!
Cons
all the things above that I've said before
Ok place to work if you need a job
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Deagon QLD9 May 2019
The pay is minimum wage but the hours are flexible. The management is good but corporate KFC cuts the funding to everything and does everything to cut costs which makes it harder on the actual workers.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Pay, Corporate KFC
Small Country store
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  Ararat VIC8 May 2019
Workers can be quite bickering, always was gossip.
Customers of course can be a handful but at KFC they were more than likely understanding as they could see we were trying our hardest.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
random hours
experience
KFC Team Member (Former Employee) –  Australia6 May 2019
great team members , clean and friendly work environment.
great training ethics & learning skils
would love to go further or be more than just a team member
Pros
long breaks
Cons
long hours, great pay
Productive workplace, but needs more focus on quality of service
Casual Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kallangur QLD 45033 May 2019
When I was working at KFC, most stores in my area, including mine, were all about 'Speed of Service.' Most of the time, this effected our Quality of Service, resulting in more complaints from customers. I learned that communicating clearly with the rest of my team was key to providing customers with the efficiency they expected. The hardest part of my job was having to work more than one position in the workplace, whenever I was working. I would become stressed over having to keep track of more than I should of had to , in the first place. The most enjoyable part of this job was when my team and I exercised great teamwork, which had a positive effect of all aspects of our service.
Pros
Good break times, relatively easy job
Fun place to work, but no shifts given
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Campbelltown NSW2 May 2019
Typical day: I worked in a mall, so the hours were often short and easy. Customers come in slowly but they can easily build up because there are usually only two people in the front to serve, pack and make burgers.

What I learned: Customer service, communicating with customers (elderly who cannot hear or people who use sign language/speak another language), dealing with unhappy customers (freebees are pretty much the only thing that will make them happy).

Management: Not the best, although this may only apply to my store. Some people are getting >12 hours a week whereas others are only getting the minimum 2.5 hours a week and only one shift. I had communicated with the head manager several times that I am not getting enough shifts to work (not given any shifts for two weeks) but the issue has not been resolved and I have reason to believe there might be some favouritism involved. Luckily I get called in sometimes but that isn't viable for someone who needs more than $95 a fortnight.

Workplace culture: Many KFC stores are easygoing. Inside shopping malls, there are a smaller number of employees so everyone knows each other. My manager is great and plays classical music while we're cleaning up after close because we both have superior taste in music. Lots of fun conversations and I always look forward to coming to work because of this.
At outside stores, it can sometimes get boring, especially when you're serving at drive through and there are no customers. It's tempting to go on your phone to pass the time but that isn't good for the brand image.

Hardest parts:
  more... Sometimes we are understaffed. I was once given an early morning shift (starting at 10am) and I was the only person in the front serving and packing at the same time. Many customers were waiting for up to half an hour and they were complaining even though they knew I was the only one there to make their food... and I was still barely a trainee!!! It still gets quite stressful when customers start building up (I feel my adrenaline pumping), but it becomes manageable if you don't panic and keep a smile to your face.
Also if you work at an outside store, delivery orders are the most stressful thing ever. You have to constantly check when they are going to be arriving to pick up and the entire time their order will be up on the screen just... staring at you.

Most enjoyable parts: Making customers happy makes me happy. If they are nice, I like to give them extra... or if we are just about to close I just give them freebees. It always makes my heart warm to make a customer happy, and especially when those customers are nice to me.
Pros
Fun workplace environment, great to build skills in customer service
Cons
Questionable management, no shifts, may get stressful when busy, may be understaffed
Terrible
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hillcrest SA2 May 2019
Favouritism was very prominent and very common. Over staffed. Mangers and other staff where obnoxious and disrespectful. constant hostility and rumours where spread. Also terrible communication between the managers and staff in terms of shift times and dates. Just a terrible experience.
Pros
%10 staff discount
Cons
3 hours every 2 weeks
great place to learn and meet people whilst earning an income
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  Port Macquarie NSW1 May 2019
always management to have trained all crew correctly and easily. learnt how to multi task. management were probably the let down but still was able to smile and enjoy work.
awesome work place
COUNTER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Logan Central QLD1 May 2019
good team to work with
always busy as I liked that
good pay for my age at the time
good management
fast paced
fun environment to be in
different everyday
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
not enough shifts
Working Day
Crossed Trained Team Member (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC30 April 2019
My time at KFC was really good and went by really quickly as I was there for almost 3 years. in the 3 years of me working there, I learned really good leadership skills, how to work in a team and individually. I was trained at both a host and as a cook and I also got my Certificate 2 & 3 through KFC

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.

56.3K