KFC Employee Reviews

Fun and respectful workplace
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bacchus Marsh VIC18 May 2018
I was with KFC Bacchus Marsh for three years and absolutely loved my time there. I was always treated with respect, and always had fun on shifts and felt like a valued team member. If I had not moved interstate I definitely would still be working there!
okay
Employee (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 May 2018
good first job. Easy to learn on the job, good team members and managers however job can get long and hard. Customers can leave a mark on impressionable teens lol
summary of work at kfc
KFC Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 May 2018
kfc was a good place to work at i learned how to open and close a store
cooking of the product and best customer service i could give
hardest part was trying to remember everything cause there is so much to take in but loved working in a fast pace environment.Very enjoyable, hard work but satisfactory for me and my coworkers. The managers were all kind. They appreciate your help and thank you for each shift personally which is a great touch.kfc is a great for anyone starting to earn pocket money good lifestyle skills that will carry with you to another job.
the managers are very flexible with working times.a good part time or casual job to earn money after school or tafe ect. most of the staff are very helpful and easy to work with. the job does get stressful during the rush hours but that's to be expected.I love the people at my work just have a little struggle with getting along with the manager but should be fine. I go there do my work, come back home and rest,Very fast paced job of serving customers and packing their food. Good relationship with managers and co-workers. Decent pay and flexible yet long hours.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
A friendly and comforting workplace with supporting co workers
Team member (Former Employee) –  Lynbrook VIC15 May 2018
Having worked at K.F.C as a team member for nearly 2 years, i have learned so much to delivering to customer with high quality and being professional day in and day out for the reputation of the company.
Surviveable
Food Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Carindale QLD13 May 2018
This job is a good first job, however, management are a bit insensitive but are still nice people and are easy to get along with. Pay is steady and would recommend this as a first job for anyone.
Nice Management and Crew
Team Member - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Harrisdale11 May 2018
This workplace is very much the same with other fast food. Good ways to have experience if you’re willing to learn. Nice management system and staff. Great way to earn money and experience.
Pros
Manager and Staff
work
Service assistant (Former Employee) –  Kurri Kurri NSW9 May 2018
kfc was a good place to work at i learned how to open and close a store
cooking of the product and best customer service i could give
Happy
safe food handling and customer service (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD9 May 2018
nice and clean workplace with very nice managers
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD9 May 2018
a typical day at KFC would include serving customers and packing their food, making sure that you are not only getting their food order correct but also making sure that your work place is clean and safe. while being at KFC i have learnt many communication skills, time management skills and working under pressure. the hardest part of being at KFC is when theres a hold up and then people get mad at you but i have learned to just smile and apologise for the wait instead of feeling anxious and getting upset like i did when i first started.
The most enjoyable part of being at KFC is seeing the customer walk away happy and them leaving a review online or telling others that they are happy with their food and service, it is nice knowing they appreciate it enough to tell others.
Pros
meeting new people and people from different countries
Cons
the smell of the food always makes me hungry
Busy
August, Did part time work (Former Employee) –  Perth WA8 May 2018
Learnt to work under pressure and always have good customer service. The management is overall a good one. Workplace culture is very strict. Enjoyable moment is when everyone is happy at work.
Skills
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 May 2018
Through working at Kfc I've learned how to gain the appropriate skills to accommodate myself to any situation needed.
The hardest part of the job was being able to learn all the new changes after 4 years
Pros
team
Cons
short to no breaks
productive workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hornsby Westfield NSW8 May 2018
the managers are very flexible with working times
Pros
discounts
Good environment
KFC Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 May 2018
Having the opportunity to work at KFC as a first job, made me realise how fun working could actually be. The working environment at my store, was what i treasured and loved most about work. They were encouraging, welcoming and overall kind people, managers included.
just no
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seymour VIC5 May 2018
horribly managed, good food when the people working actually put in half a care to give about what theyre doing, other than that not really an ideal place to work
Pros
free food lmao
Cons
everything else
Cook (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD4 May 2018
Only one out of five managers were truthful, loyal and honest. Put in the past and I move forward on my own endevors. My spouse is a co-worker I used to work with.
Pros
I did work with a lot of good stuff
Cons
Compusive lying by management
productive
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW4 May 2018
very fast paced environment, very busy, limited hours, very little pay recieved an hour, currently looking for a new job as i dont think kfc is meant for me
Tolerable workplace because of fantastic colleagues; horrible job.
Team Coach (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 May 2018
It is fairly easy to get a job at this company. It is quite easy to move up with your positions if you’re good at your job, although you will be left with psychical strains and even mentally due to abuse from customers. At McDonald’s, one employee is situated at every station, but at KFC, everyone has to do everything. It is often terrible when your whole team is not as good or can not multitask thus one person has to do everything.
Pros
No pros.
Cons
Long hours, Physical strains on back and feet; when sick, managers still expect you to come to work, Roster is not appropriately configured; you will be given 5 closes in a row
good
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mundaring WA1 May 2018
regret working there
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  St Clair NSW30 April 2018
I worked there for 4 months in 2014, it was the worst 4 months I have experienced. I was being underpaid (I was on under $4 an hour) and they kept putting me on shifts I said I couldn't attend due to other commitments. I ended up being fired because I had a funeral and I couldn't attend work (I gave them 2 weeks notice for that funeral)
Productive and great work place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mount Barker SA30 April 2018
I enjoyed working at KFC a lot but had to quit due to personal issues. I think it is a very welcoming and productive work place with managers that understand you and your work friends.
Pros
Discounted food, money
Cons
low pay, minimal hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.

55.1K