KFC

Australia2,976 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 2,976 reviews matching the searchSee all 31,234 reviews

Decent Play to work

Decent place to work as a youngster. Progressed through to management and continued to work my way up. An okay company if you stick it out. It's fast food, you will get sick of it eventually, but you'll meet some absolute legends there.

Absolutely horrible

Many people at my workplace including me were underpaid overworked and treated horribly by management. Do not work here it is unsanitary and over all just a horrible experience.

Not great but its a start

The best part of the work was the coworker who are also in the same bout as you. The salary is at minimum and the benefits are laughable, 20% discount on food (yes you dont get a free lunch) and unpaid breaks. The management was nice but a lot of praise just felt hollow.

Pros

Co workers

Cons

No benefits

great first job

It would definitely change depending on the location, but good work experiences are possible at KFC too! As a casual employee you meet and work with similarly young people, enjoy flexible shifts and gain real work experience.

Pros

staff discount

Cons

messy work

Very fast paced

KFC is good for a first job but you need to prepared to be fast for peak times. The managers weren't that good and was not organised enough and the training is not enough. Also prepare yourself for complains from customers

Extremely stressful workplace with rude managament.

The workplace environment at where I worked was extremely toxic as if you weren't friends with your manager you wouldnt get any shifts. People there also abused us as we were teens and I got yelled at on a constant basis by customers who had picky orders and didnt understand the meaning of rush hour.

It is alright

Provides great training and pay is good. Very stressful when busy and working with others is nice. Not much flexibility work/life balance due to lack of staff

Fast Paced Environment

Extremely fast paced environement, expected to do thing so fast it was physically impossible, hot and steamy environment, came home smelling like chicken salt. I'm only 15 and was made to work 6 hour shifts after school days.

Meh

Yeah not bad I worked day shifts, it had good work life balance, management was fantastic when I first started there. Lots of relationships between management and staff.

Good first job

Easy to make friends, very fast-paced but I found that good to make the time go quickly. The managers were all lovely. People will like you if you put in the effort to learn and work.

Its Alright

what you would typically do at a fast-food place. You switch off on duties. Before preparing dinner the following day, register. It went well. Be prepared for the karens who whine. coworkers were made pals. had fun.

Pros

nice people

Cons

no free food

Good starting workplace

Kfc is a goof place to start work as a young person, they mostly favour hiring young people anyways. The team members were all nice and made the workplace a good environment to work in.

It's fast food.

The typical job you expect to do at a fast food restaurant. You rotate responsibilities. On register and then next day preparing food. It was ok. Expect the karens who complain. Made friends with co workers. Was fun.

Pros

Culture, Friends, Exciting

Cons

Customers, Pay

Fast paced environment with a good team

If you have the right team and the right management it can be really fun! The work lift balance is really good as well. I also found the managers and most of the team to build genuine friend ships with

Pros

Free food at the end of day

Cons

Double shifts

easy workplace

i had a great time working with the kfc team it was a relaxed environment with many modes to advance into higher positions. my store was small so not many jobs to be done.

Eh

Even when work for about 4ish month still onlyy get about 7-8 hours a week but ig its good, I like the managers at Eaglehawk KFC they are really nice would recomend Eaglehawk

Alright hours and good pay for a first job

Got treated well and didnt feel too stressed for times. Alright pay for what it is. Not much to say about it as its your average fast food job that cares about times above all else.

Pros

Good hours, staff discount

Cons

Can be stressful at close

fun coworkers fast-paced environment

It can be stressful sometimes but everyone collaborates together and the coworkers make it fun.Management is unorganised sometimes.Hours are flexible

Pros

Free food

Cons

Bad pay

Good company

Lots of hopsitality work, learned management techniques and made good friends while working there. Would recommend to others if they need a job. Good culture.

People were great, upper management & customers less so

Best thing about working there were the people. There was high turnover in upper management, but shift supervisors and fellow team members made it an alright time.Pay's less than average especially for 15/16yo but higher than minimum.

Fun, but fast faced and often competitive

Most of the time, store will be busy and requires non-stop working. Depending on the store, best part is working in a team and easy to talk to other team members.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• KFC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?