KFC Employee Reviews

Not what you expect
2nd Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Kingaroy, AU11 December 2018
A lot of additional personal time was given to make this job work for me, but it did give me the management skills that I needed for other jobs which was a good thing.
Good workplace to learn and develop
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, VIC, AU10 December 2018
It helped me learn to create good relationships with my colleagues and customers. I learnt how to handle difficult situations with customers, money handling skills, how to be very time efficient. I learnt how to work in a challenging and fast paced work environment and learnt how to work as a team as well as on my own in some situations. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is being apart of a good group of people and working alongside with them.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
a lot of physical work
productive and a decent place to work at.
Monitor sales (Former Employee) –  Woodridge QLD9 December 2018
My day to day jobs that needed to be completed when I worked at KFC were, serving customers, packing food, handling with money and cleaning after the customers.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my crew as they were friendly and shared the same enthusiasm as me towards the job.
Some struggle that i encountered whilst working there were, dealing with difficult customers and when it got really busy. These predicaments were easily dealt with by, staying calm and having a cheerful attitude no matter how hard things got.
whilst working at KFC I learnt different varieties of things like, how to restock the shelves, keeping the restaurant hygienic and working front house of a restaurant.
Pros
discount
Cons
pay was very low
Fast moving and productive environment
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 December 2018
Kfc is a very productive and fast moving job as it requires a lot of patience and resilience as customers can be difficult. It is a great place for a first timer in the workforce as it allows you to gain lots of experience in the workforce in different areas such as register services, customer services and working with food. It is also a great place to meet new people and create life long friendships
Pros
Discounts
Cons
A horrible place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA9 December 2018
The worst part about working there was the people. The people were racist and only gave shifts to favourites. I went from having 10 hours a week to 3. The older people had their own clique.
The clique was made up of people that have been working there for a long time and they didn't like newbies or trainees. If there was something that they didn't want to do they could easily make one of the trainees do it for them even though they weren't managers or team leaders.
Overall it was just a horrible place to work and was not multicultural at all and I felt powerless all the time while working there.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
older people ganging up on trainees
friendly and funny enviroment and tuft manager but really good teachers
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW7 December 2018
it was friendly place to work at the manager was tuft she was really strict and impatience but really selfless team members and helpful the best part about the was making fried chicken and dumping it in to the flour
Pros
not really
Cons
6 hours
Cook/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Werrington, AU7 December 2018
Arrive at work to friendly staff most days, straight into preparing and cooking chicken, cleaning while I go. Some managers were absolutely amazing to work with while others were not so easy to work with because they thought they were better then you.
productive, hardworking and enjoyable
Food Attendant (Current Employee) –  Park Ridge, QLD, AU6 December 2018
working at KFC Park Ridge is an amazing job and I really enjoy working in the food industry, but my passion lies within working in retail, such as, clothing, jewellery, makeup and perfumes/ colognes. working at KFC has taught me customer service, to pack and fill orders and has shown me good communication skills with the staff and customers. The management of KFC is high and the managers prefill their job well. they are amazing helpers when I am unsure what to do and continue to point me in the best direction. the work place is an enjoyable place to be and I couldn't ask for a better team to work with, staff all use respect on each and everyone in the workplace. the hardest part of working at KFC were the hours, I would've loved to be working a bit more than the hours I was doing. the most enjoyable part of working at KFC was the amazing experience and team I work with, always working together to get the job done.
Pros
good experience
Cons
not enough hours
First Job, Overly demanding for a first job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bairnsdale VIC5 December 2018
This fast paced environment was okay, but often not the most productive. Being a student at the time, juggling work and school was difficult, often being made to feel guilty and bullied when things didnt go the manager's way.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Demanding Hours
Productive and fun workplace
Casual (Former Employee) –  Granville NSW5 December 2018
KFC was a great place to work, with decent benefits and pay with an easy to pick up the workload. I learnt how to work in a busy, fast paced environment which was a typical workday. There was never a chance to sit down which allowed me to keep busy.
good work place to have a first job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Oakleigh VIC5 December 2018
good job to have when starting out young. This job is easy to learn and pick up on things that matter the most.
you get to meet new people and communicate with customers.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not enough hours
productive,manage
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Subiaco, WA, AU4 December 2018
I learn how to manage people ,do inventory, cost labour,do restoring, to become productive to the people you handle, to get the sales up,
brain storming, problem with customer is the most harder's and no staff in your shift.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
8 hrs shift but willing to overtime anytime
I loved the people i worked with
Valuable team member and thrived under pressure (Former Employee) –  Belmont, NSW, AU4 December 2018
The people were amazing and the fast paced environment kept me always busy. The environment also made me a profectionist at my job as i was never satasfied with being okay at my job.
Pros
meeting new people and making friends i still talk to
Cons
getting paid part time wages when i was casual
culture is amazing with everyone being friendly
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Southland Centre VIC3 December 2018
KFC has been one of my favorite jobs as the management is very good at organisation and making everyone feel included. the workplace culture is amazing as you get to meet new friends and form relationships
good place to work
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Vermont VIC2 December 2018
gives very good work experience
very good work community
working both drive thru and front counter can be very stressful but only in peak hour.
the pay is very good
intense workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 December 2018
job is very repetitive and there is alot of pressure on the team on duty. Your day at work is dependant on whether you have a nice manger or not. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers
Pros
50% off food
Work place bullying
Crew Member, Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Nerang QLD2 December 2018
My manager bullied me and made me feel lower than anyone. the he fired me with out even notifying me that i was fired.
Other than the boss the crew members were nice and friendly always a helping hand,
Pros
30 and 10 min lunch hour breaks
Cons
Bullying
Good experience for the working world
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pagewood NSW1 December 2018
The way of the working world has made it more clear on how life functions in the Society we live in today. Even though there are many floors with the working world, it is essential and the more experience that is obtained then the more diverse you become in understanding the world around you.
Pros
The friends you make
Cons
The way your treated
Fast Paced Environmnt
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Caulfield VIC29 November 2018
- Allowed for interaction with people of varying backgrounds, and ages. A great exposure which helps develop a deeper and more meaningful use of my communication skills.
- The fast paced environment required full attention and concentration. You were always on your feet. This helped in developing organisational and time management skills.
Pros
Work Experience
Cons
A very good start into the workforce
KFC TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Sunshine VIC29 November 2018
Being able to work at KFC gave me a taste of what happens in the world and the workforce. I found myself becoming more mature and more able to deal with problems. I met many new people old and young. This type of job gave me a starting point and broadened my horizons
Pros
Always working
Cons
Feeling drained after

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.

55.8K