KFC Employee Reviews

Found 2,277 reviews matching the search See all 22,198 reviews
great work but not the best hours
KFC Team Member Cook (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth SA20 March 2019
it's a good workplace, its managed nicely just don't like working til 12-30am, I learnt a lot about time management, the most enjoyable part of working at KFC is definitely getting reviews about the great chicken and great service
worker
Cashier, Cook and Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 March 2019
I worked for Woolworths for a year and a half and it just got a bit boring.

It includes long hours of standing and by the end of a short shift, my legs and feet would hurt a lot.

However, they did not look at my availability so I had to keep declining and cancelling shifts.
fun to work in and lots to learn
Crew trainer / food service team leader (Former Employee) –  Hurstville NSW18 March 2019
KFC is a workplace that allows young teens to learn basic skills, it is a friendly environment to be working in. the most enjoyable part of this job is communicating with other team members
Good all around
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA17 March 2019
It was a fast pace enjoyable workplace to work in.. sometimes was stressful if another team member wasn't doing his/her job but the management would always sort that out
its a good place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW17 March 2019
busy place and good work. helps you learn a lot and how to deal with difficult situations in minimum time and helps you work fast and have a good time with customers and team members.
fun work place, ability to thrive if done right
team member (Former Employee) –  Cranbourne VIC14 March 2019
shifts at KFC i worked at were typically fine, the amount of hours i desired(4-6), sometimes they lack at giving multiple shifts a week, also managers can prefer some workers over others socially and it becomes known.
Pros
social interactions with similar ages
Cons
fast food
too young of managers
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Campbelltown NSW13 March 2019
management was terrible, basically working for nothing, too many young kids, disrespectful, food hygiene is poor, just plain bad good for starters not
Kfc
Cook/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Yarrawonga VIC11 March 2019
Everyone was nice to me, I always try to do things by procedure always worked when someone needed help,i cover other peoples shift for them, never took days off for being sick. I was always keen to learn more than needed.
i decided to leave work to be available for work to expand my work experience .
Pros
Got to know what went behind KFC procedures and more
Cons
Cleaning the bin room
Terrible environment and poorly managed
Casual Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Brighton SA10 March 2019
You get no training. One of the other employees show you the basics of what to do when they don't even know what they're doing themselves.
Managers keep messing up your availability and putting you on when you said you can't work.
Roster gets released a day before the week starts. My store manager was rude and unprofessional and would tell me to go away when I asked for help because the register stopped working.
Constantly abused by customers and it's always understaffed. You will be the only one working on front usually. The worst part is when they get a lot of new trainees- you most likely won't get a shift for a whole month or two.
Pros
Friendly coworkers and some managers are nice
Cons
Unprofessional, bad environment, no training, unorganised
The work place was enjoyable and fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palmerston NT10 March 2019
I liked this job because I got to talk to customers and I enjoyed that especially when some customers were really nice. I also liked the fact that I had really nice bosses as well that were very understanding.
Pros
Discount on lunches
Cons
Didn’t get many shifts
Positive environment though sometimes stressful due to staff shortage
Manager (Former Employee) –  Warwick WA9 March 2019
A good and fun loving environment in general with lots of opportunity to learn and progress. Feedback and encouragement is always provided and opportunity for career advancement
it is a good place to work at, it really fun to be part of KFC
Front Counter (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth8 March 2019
the crew member re so nice and also the manger as well. But the reason biggest thing that's made me quit is because l get paid really late and sometime i need to called the store and asked them to pay for me otherwise they will forget about it
Pros
get discount
productive
Addetto logistica (Former Employee) –  Perth WA6 March 2019
it was one of my first jobs, i was working in Perth with a working holiday visa.
I learned how to cook in a fast food and how to manage a small warehouse.
Very productive and creative place to put your ideas forward.
Accounts Payable officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 March 2019
Coach a team as a leader. Give them directions and observe their team's work. Lead by example, not just showing the path to the team.
Listen their views and opinions and apart from that also listening the conflicts and resolve them. The most enjoyable part of the day is working as a team throughout to achieve the best results.
Fun workplace
CUSTOMER SERIVES, SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Cairns QLD6 March 2019
Working at KFC was a lot of fun, some days it didn't even feel like work but working at KFC did show me a lot to what type f people you work with to all different types of customers and a lot go busy days but it is a really good experience and I would do it all over again.
Work was fast and enjoyable.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cranbourne VIC6 March 2019
working at KFC was great as a first-time job. but as I get older I feel as if management treats me worse. so its time for a change. I learned much about working in a team and being a in-store leader and am forever thankful for that.
Pros
Great friendships
Cons
poor conditions
horrible work place
Food and customer service (Former Employee) –  Maryborough QLD4 March 2019
not a nice work place didnt enjoy working there got treated poorly and not nice. got yelled at for minor things and had to work extra hours for free..
Pros
nothing
Cons
work place
kfc
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Paralowie SA3 March 2019
I learned a lot at kfc, example cashier, serving, packing, stocking, being more conifdent, making new friendshps.
the management is really good, a typical day at work is usally stressful if busy, but having fun, the most enjoyable part of this job is that you learn so many things you wouldn't even know about fast food
Family environment
Working as Customer Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Dulwich Hill NSW 22032 March 2019
Fast paced environment. Fun workplace and familiar with everyone. We can work faster after working as customers service in KFC. I can do multi-tasking now.
Pros
20%discount on food
Cons
20 hours per week
fun workplace
front counter/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Randwick NSW1 March 2019
opening shifts can be quite boring as there is not much customers coming in from 10 am- 11:30 sometimes its quiet till 12:30. it can be quite stressful during rush hours but as long as you're good with working under pressure it's all good.
Pros
20% discount on food
Cons
can be really hot during summer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.

56.1K