Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

KFC Employee Reviews

Found 2,794 reviews matching the search
Overall I had a half and half experience here. There is not enough support or hours offered to team members and poor management skills lead to an increased level of staff overturn.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
the managers are horrendous. i would get screamed at for asking a question. i started having panic attacks and crying every shift due to the people and the managers. I am never going back again and will never recommend anybody to work here unless it is their final resort. i learnt how to talk to customers and the hardest part of my job would be talking to the managers
Pros
money
Cons
managers, small shifts, minimal shifts
for a first job it's not bad but after a year or so it's a great idea to leave because it's not worth being yelled at for not putting extra salt on chips. esp the pay, not worth the hard work you put into the job itself. but on the upside where I work the employees are very fun to work with and have a laugh around with helping make the job doable.
its ok ig its really boring but its kinda intresting because the manegers are really mean and stuff but ig its fun because theres always a fight at work
Pros
free chicken
Cons
bullying
It was great to work there, I learned a lot about customer experience, if you work there you will gain a lot of experience and confidence. And probably they’ll offer you a apprenticeship
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Clocking in
Great for a first job during school but once you leave school the hours are not enough. Management can be very bias and only give hours to their favourites. KFC brand as a whole is great with many competitions and incentives in store. Cooks BY FAR have a much greater workload than customer service and tend to cop the blame for not keeping up.
Pros
Company incentives and competitions with prizes
Cons
Lack of hours, can be poor management
As highschool student great place to work, as you get older it becomes more difficult on your mind and body. It becomes more stressful and more difficult the longer you work there
Pros
Discount on food items
Cons
KFC is a very fun but stressful work environment, learning how to use the registers is a good thing to learn because it can help you if you end up working in retail. Can be very stressful during peak hours, but other than that, it is pretty laid back.
Pros
discounted food
Managers where not very nice, favored some employees, greasy not very nice atmosphere, smelt like trash, too fast paced, not patient for learners or trainees
Once you turn 18, your hours get cut to an almost illegal extent (3.5 hours or less per week). Pay was terrible, food was terrible, work ethic among most of the employees and managers was toxic. I was offered food service certificate training, and never received it. Training for other positions within the franchise was almost actively discouraged, as well. My last shift I was offered a whole 2 hours for the entire week on Xmas Eve. Needless to say, after I finished the shift, I quit.
Pros
Hosts are rude to cooks. Cooks have long shifts, often without breaks because it is too busy. Management is rude, do not help when it gets busy and get stressed.
Pros
Flexible and many shifts
Cons
Long hours, rude management
the things you learn during your training can never be to small nor to big, every shift is a learning experience as there will always be new customers here and there, the hardest part of the job would be finishing your shift when your having a good time with other employees because work is never boring. The most enjoyable thing part of the job would be teaching/ meeting new staff and showing them the ropes.
Pros
get to work with fun people and never boring shifts.
Cons
Store closing because of Covid-19
Love working in kfc as my first job here in Australia. Though it is stressful because of customers sometimes but it made you challenged and be on your best self.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No balance life, long hours
KFC is Fast-paced as it should be, but it is also overly competitive, ruthless and unforgiving to it's workers if they make mistakes while on shift. Would not recommend.
Pros
20% off benefit when buying at a collins business
Cons
Stressful and unforgiving when mistakes are made
I have been underpaid here by managers cutting hours that appeared on my payslip. There seems to be massive pressure on them from above which carries through to people who work there.
I worked at KFC when I was 14 and 9 months. Therefore, I was paid the lowest wage of $9.50 and hour. So if you are young, that's something to expect. However, working at KFC taught me so many valuable skills, such as customer service, working in a team, and working in a fast-paced environment. I do not regret my decision to work there at all, and I highly recommend the job to anyone looking for a first part-time job while at school.
Pros
Great workplace culture; management genuinely care about you
Cons
Being underpaid
The place is amazing can be stressful but you feel like your with your close family which what makes me happy to work there, managers listen to you when needed and help you.
Pros
Family
Cons
Stressfull
i personally typically work 5 hour shifts (3-5 shifts a week), depending on the MOD personally for myself would define the outcome of the shift and the roster on time, depending on where your put for your shifts have different duties to do, ie on fryers and night, you would have to do a full clean of the fryers, headset would typically involve cleaning the staffroom, the box and the staff bathroom, and sometimes the fridge in the box, in my store there is 1 restruant manager, 2 AM, 3 shifts (1 in training still), during peakhour and depending on the weekday ie friday, or something would define your shift like friday nights i personally feel are toxic with the ammount of customers
Pros
20% staff discount, for shifts 4-5 hours long of work you get a 10 minute paid lunch break, (6-8.5 hours is a 30minute unpaid lunch, 8.5 hours+ is a 30minute unpaid lunch and later on is a 10minute paid lunch
Cons
many hours as an casual employee it is getting hard to balance out with school, people at my store would just call in sick if they didn't want to work, it would become stressful as most people choose to not come in just because they don't want to work, for rostering to have a day of you need to put it in RITEQ 3 weeks prior to that day, (this is for QLD, not sure about other states)
It was an okay place to Work but as soon as you got to age 17 plus you would get one shift a week and it would be only 3 hours the people were good to work with
Great workplace, very fast paced! Team is cooperative and lovely to work with. Need to have clear and open communication skills as well. It’s a good first time job
Pros
Gain communication skills
Cons
Stressful
It was my first job, the manager was really rude and impatient, work environment was constantly stressful with minimum assistance and no tolerance for any mistakes. Made me feel really upset and I ended up quitting and reporting my manager. Ended every shift crying.
Pros
20% Discount
Cons
Hardly any shifts, rude staff, horrible managers