KFC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

KFC Employee Reviews

Australia2,865 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 2,865 reviews matching the searchSee all 30,181 reviews

Good

Good team environment and most managers are young and chill but it does get fast paced and stressful, pay is not bad when you get older I think they pay pretty fairly

Pros

Easy to get time off

Cons

Job can be gross and Greasy

Literally why would you work here

Dealing with difficult customers was the least difficult thing here. Management pushed me to unreasonable standards, did not properly train me and expected my skills to be somewhere that a new employee should not realistically be at. Always understaffed and requires employees to constantly be stressed with orders. They additionally did not respond to any emails I sent concerning my availability, which just goes to show how little care they have for their employees. The employees here are extremely friendly and polite, which as good at the very least. Though that was not enough for me to continue my employment here.

Pros

Friendly employees Decent pay

Cons

Stressful Busy Rude customers Unhelpful management

Good

Well working here is great good managers good pay and free food really this place is the best.I encourage anyone needing a job to work here as it is a great place to start.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Bad customers sometimes

Easy first job, flexible hours

Good for entry into the workplace, with an easy menu and job. Management is good to you as long as you adjust and cater to their needs. Training period is probably the hardest.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Long hours, min wage

Fast-paced work environment. Making friends is very easy and everyone wants you to succeed.

I loved working at KFC, but I felt like I needed a new change. My co-workers and managers are so kind and helpful, but can be intimating haha. I would recommend working at KFC, you learn so many new skills in such a short time span.

Pros

Staff discount, new friends, money, new skills.

Cons

Sometimes no breaks.

Management-dependent experience. Bad manager = horrible shift.

I worked at the company for 3 years through high school at two different stores. In my experience the mood of the manager that was on your shift entirely determined the outcome of your shift. If a bad manager was on people would call in, then you'd be understaffed and it would be absolutely horrendous shift. Once you find a friend or two the shifts become bearable and as a casual employee working full-time hours (40-50 hours a week) the pay is borderline worth it.If you find a good store it's worth it.

Pros

Meeting people and sometimes getting free food.

Cons

Barely enough training. Learn from mistakes kind of attitude taken by management.

It's ok

At first everything seems great and then you realise there's so much to do and not enough time. Working with 15 yr olds who have no work ethics and are just there to have fun is very frustrating. You need to be able to work in a very fast paced environment and think on your feet. The people you work with that do their job well and understand that what you're doing is important make it easier and you can also have fun when the time is right

Pros

People are good and can feel like a family- depending on which store you're at

Cons

Long hours, not paid overtime as a manager, turnover is high

Nice place to start

The place is a good starter for all the employees looking for work. It equips you with fundamental customer service and food preparation skill useful for future similar-type jobs.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Stocks

is ight

good work experience, way to stressfull at times, can be mentally and physically challenging, but is still rlly fun. have alot of new ppl to work with

Repetitive work, minimum wage, always on your feet and often uncooperative team

With most fast food jobs, the pay is roughly the same, so the only reason to stay there is if you enjoy the people and atmosphere , once that starts to decline it is really in your best interest to leave or at least change to a location that you actually like. You really don’t want to be coming home smelling of sweat, oil, chicken and fries for the long term.

Pros

Getting rostered with your friends can make a fun shift, free food if your closing.

Cons

Disrespectful customers, minimum wage, smell is pretty bad, management is also very biased, sometimes forced to go on breaks at times you don’t want to.

Decent pay for casual workers. Stressful with rude customers and not enough training

Its great for a first job experience but it can be stressful at times dealing with customers and uber drivers that have zero patience. Working environment is quite good ( depends on which store you work) . I did not get enough training as a trainee and they just put me on the busiest hours. I learn more on the job . Overall, if you can’t work under pressure don’t work at fast food. Everyday there’s going to be customers shouting at managers, complaining, and even messing the counter.

Pros

Good working environment. Staffs and managers are mostly friendly

Cons

customers are mostly rude and often shout at you even for the smallest mistakes.

Management are mostly good, can be stressful. Don't make it a top priority.

Management are mostly good, can be stressful. Don't make it a top priority. Can be very stressful at times for factors that are out of your control, so try not to take it too seriously

Pros

Discount Management

Cons

Instability of hours as a casual Intensity of work

Not recommended for people 18+, not enough shifts

Was really excited to start working at KFC as it was my first job out of school. Got hired on the spot after 5 minutes and was told to bring ID prior to the interview. However, I was only given 1 shift a month, 2 at most and they never went for more than 3-4 hours at a time. I watched other people get hired and taken out of the trainee status in a matter of weeks, while I was still considered a trainee after 4 months for no other reason than a lack of being given shifts and poor management. The one time I got asked to cover 4 shifts in a week, I physically couldn't work due to being sick and got hung up on when they called me about it.100% not worth it.

Pros

Can't think of anything :/

Cons

Not enough shifts if you are over 18 or out of school

Productive and friendly colleagues, impatient and degrading management

The work itself is nothing too taxing, there is always work to do so you need to be able to stay on your feet for long hours. It can be stressful at times but try and stay calm and collected take things slow it will be fine. Most managers are easy to approach, although some store manager are degrading and impatient. Overall meeting new people and working with friendly team mates makes working more enjoyable

Pros

Employee discount Collaborative workspace Mostly friendly management

Cons

Fast-paced Stressful at busy hours Manger can be impatient will new trainees

Toxic Work environment

Management had extreme standards that when not met were aggressively addressed. While the flexibility of hours was a positive, you always felt guilty for taking time off if you were unwell or just needed a break.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Toxic management

it was really bad. I hated it the workers and management sucked.

management sucked, and the managers and team members would talk about you behind your back.the interview process was simple and only really asked you if you knew anyone that worked there. the atmosphere at the workplace is tense and managers are really disliked by employees as they tend to be rude to their employees a lot.

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

Good workplace for teens

A day at work would be getting your clients ready for work, school, medical visits or family visits. Hardest part, kids with challenging behaviours but love seeing them reach their potential. Administration is always ongoing but a crucial part of the job. The culture of the workplace is somewhat relaxed but can be stressful when lack of communication happens, need to be honest and have good integrity.Make sure you stay within your capabilities too!

Good job to start with. Rush hours can be stressful however the job is not hard

Not much room to progress in the company. There is high staff turnover. The work can be draining and tiring, but it does not require much skill to learn.

only there for a couple of shifts but very stressful and trainer left me to make all the burgers by myself.

high pace and very stressful. the interview went for around half an hour and got the job on the spot. then the manager wrote my email down wrong so i wasn't getting any required emails to begin working. I did get a training shift for around a month.

Pros

shift went pretty quick

Cons

stressful and high pace environment.

Great place to start your first job, although don't plan to stick around for a long time

Overall was a good company to work with, coworkers are friendly enough but don't particularly care about the job. Managers seem to nice and are willing to help but ultimately won't do anything to change if there is an issue. It's a good place to gain experience in hospitality and customer service, great for teenagers wanting to add something to their resume but isn't something you want to see yourself doing for many years.

Pros

20 percent discount; Easy to apply for and get a job

Cons

Unfair allocation of hours; Pay is not a lot

Fast-paced environment with friendly people

In a typical day you will make product and clean to ensure safety, safety is always a priority at KFC, management is nice and the most enjoyable part of the job is the people you get to work with

Pros

Nice management

Cons

tiring work, late hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9
  • KFC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?