KFC logo
KFC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

KFC Employee Reviews in Brisbane QLD

Work–Life Balance

Found 59 reviews matching the searchSee all 29,411 reviews

take it from me someone who worked there.

Look it's not a bad place to start to be honest I would say 90 percent of people who work there are so nice and caring. When you a trainee people are pretty chill with you as well and it helps with your customer service skills as well as helping you with your confidence. Also, some shifts are super chill. A few negatives though. Not everyone is going to be perfect there so you do get some real idiots who you have to work with. It's also extremely stressful if you are packing out front and if its busy as you have customers watching you and can get very impatient and extremely disrespectful and rude. If you're in drive-thru you have to be good at your job but is stressful. and in the box on the mic is alright. Then being a cook is so good. I would say other than the extremely rude customers and the stress it puts on you give it a go.

Pros

food discount, nice people to work with, can be chill, good for confidence and customer service skills

Cons

having to deal with fast food customers isn't fun, some bad people, very stressful when busy

negative environment

can be toxic at times and do not enjoy working there. gets worse each shift but the co-workers are great people. i would not recomment the company overall and do not apply for this place as you will regret it

Pros

make friends

Cons

effects your mental health

Good pay & good co workers

Really good job if you also attend school or uni. Management is all over the place but comes together i guess. Pay rates are actually pretty good for a fast food place! Co workers are rlly nice but some are hard to get along with. Sometimes stressful as there are times you got to keep up with but overall pretty good place to work if u got the right people to work with

Pros

pay rates

Cons

stressful & management

was very unprofessional

It taught me how sometimes in a workplace you can feel unvalued but instead of giving up you should continue to work hard and get through it. this was my first job but I would not recommend as it was very unprofessional and badly managed.

Pros

free lunch when filled out forms

Cons

bad management

Very fast and fun job

A typical day at work consisted of lots of packing and serving customers. I was able to learn how to multitask more and how to prepare and cook KFC food. The management was decent. They could sometimes be a bit too tough or misunderstanding but they're all-round pretty good. The workplace culture was very diverse. Lots of fun but sometimes you can come across a bully or two. Nothing too bad though - and nothing that will go unnoticed if it isn't in line with health and safety. The most difficult part of the job is getting orders out quick enough so that customers are satisfied... although the fast paced environment that forces you to think on your feet is also one of my favourite things about the job so it's quite subjective.

Fun workplace

I worked for 3 years and enjoyed it. The managers are caring and the staff are easy going and a good team to work with. A good first job for young people.

Productive with welcoming people

Working at KFC has been a great experience with fun people to work with. An average day at work would be fast paced and productive. the most enjoyable part of the job is to work with the people you enjoy. overall kfc has been great fun.

Good place to work for your first time

Bad customers good co workers. Really fast paced. Constantly busy everyday. Should have more pay for the ones that work On Tuesdays. Good discount across 3 stores.

Pros

Good co workers

Cons

Always busy and rude customers

Um

Love working here, although management is always dodgy. The people are amazingly funny and majority of them are good friends. Customers can be abusive.

Great place to work if you’re with the right people

The KFC I worked at created a tight-knit community environment where we all supported and encouraged each other to perform at our best. Hours are decent Only downside would be the average pay

Jobs at KFC

in Brisbane QLD
See more jobs

Absolutely horrible do not work here

- The managers were dreadful and absolutely hated me - They wouldn't give me any hours at all - The 'culture' was not great at all - One of the managers wouldn't let me go to the bathroom? - A 29 year old manager was sleeping with one of their employees which is strictly a no in KFC 'culture'

Pros

sometimes when the managers were in a good mood, you got to take the food home which literally only happened once!!

Cons

all the things above that I've said before

Horrible managment however excellent freindships

whilst working as a cook within KFC i made friends with everyone one of my fellow employees, however i was prompted to quit after being treated horribly by KFC managers in particular one whom i shall not name as i believe in everyone right to privacy however they made it quite impossible to maintain a healthy working life as this human decided to make work shifts unbearable as they where antagonistic, passive aggressive, attitude of a bully and used there position to harass others.

Pros

Working with mates

Cons

Horrible RM

Fun place to work. Sometimes management can be really low

its a fun place to work if your with the right people you get along with. The customers can either be really rude or nice depending on them and the way they manage the stores is pretty good but really poor at managing shifts.

Work Environment

As a manager I maintain the organisation of the restaurant with many teenage staff instructed. Food stuffs constantly kept fresh and at the end of the night tills completed.

Pros

Fun work place

Cons

Manual labour

Productive, working with good hours and good pay

KFC was a great experience for me as it helped me grow as a worker and i learned a lot. The work place is a bit messy and your clothes get really smelly, but i guess thats what you get working at a fast food place.

Pros

get paid well especially for a teen

Cons

Smelly clothes

Not entirely accepting

A typical work day for me would always involve me being yelled at by management for other people's mistakes. I learned very quickly not to talk to other workers and not to make friends because there are always favorites and they get the hours and the best position on a shift. I did learn the importance of food safety but most of the things we covered are common sense or everyday knowledge. The workplace was always a toxic environment for me; my managers were aware of my mental instability and mental illness which I am medicated for and yet there was absolutely no compassion or understanding. I would have to suffer in silence most days for fear of being yelled at or being told to "suck it up". The hardest part of my job would absolutely include the obvious favoritism and the hate I could feel from other people. It wasn't easy to go into a work place every shift and have to mentally brace myself for what abuse I might be on the receiving end of. I think the only enjoyable part of my job was the time I got to go home and the employee discount we receive.

Rewarding and interesting job

A good first job to learn customer service and time mangagement skills. Good to learn how to operate as part of a team and also how to speak to customers and provide good customer service.

A good place to start within the workforce

A good job, and good people to work with Nd happy work place around.. If u get Ur foot in the door don't leave cos I regret leaving... I liked work in Nd for this company...

Pros

Rewards if u can can get employer of the month Nd 100% the mystery shopper

Cons

Long nite

Happy

Very enjoyable, hard work but satisfactory for me and my coworkers. The managers were all kind. They appreciate your help and thank you for each shift personally which is a great touch.

Fun team to work with and good managers

KFC would be a great first job for anyone looking for work during school. It provided me with lifetime customer service skills and I was able to work within a team who love and care for each other.

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Not enough hours

Very nice workplace which focuses on customer service

KFC was a nice environment to be in because of the work ethic in getting things done, the rush but so accurate, learning to make new things and getting new chicken orders by the day, mm yummy!

Pros

Discounts