KFC logo
KFC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

KFC Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Work–Life Balance

Found 139 reviews matching the searchSee all 29,403 reviews

Fun place to work but low hours

KFC is a great place to start your first job, and earn some money. The positives about the job are: supportive team members, you’re able to learn new skills, 20% staff discount, and the job is a fun environment. The negatives are: some managers cannot be bothered with you, and some customers are rude, sometimes I’d get little to no hours, and everyone else got lots - even though I put through availability every week, and the pay is little low at 10.91 an hr for 15 years olds, but that increases to $13 when you get to 16 years.

Pros

Good team environment, and free left over food at close

Cons

Little to no hours, low pay

Fast-paced & good for a first job.

Working at KFC is a good place for a first job. You are placed in situations where your morals are tested but it is all worthwhile for the experience that comes with it.

Fun fast paced work environment

Overall, working at KFC is great! My experience at this KFC was great;the employees are very friendly and talkative. The customers sometimes can give a struggle but you have to keep yourself calm and professional. I go to school and work and my manager always pushes me into staying in school and doing my work.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Bad hours

Fun place but can be stressful

Shifts are usually quite long 5+ hours. Very fast-paced environment, no time for standing around. If you enjoy a job that doesn't involve loads of customer interaction this isn't for you. Pay always come son time and is fair. Pay and a half for public holidays and weekend rates.

Pros

20% off

Poor management and exhausting

Hosts are rude to cooks. Cooks have long shifts, often without breaks because it is too busy. Management is rude, do not help when it gets busy and get stressed.

Pros

Flexible and many shifts

Cons

Long hours, rude management

productive workplace, where we can learn and earn and meet new and fun. people

the things you learn during your training can never be to small nor to big, every shift is a learning experience as there will always be new customers here and there, the hardest part of the job would be finishing your shift when your having a good time with other employees because work is never boring. The most enjoyable thing part of the job would be teaching/ meeting new staff and showing them the ropes.

Pros

get to work with fun people and never boring shifts.

Cons

Store closing because of Covid-19

Fun place to work

It was fun but when they had no training so you had to figure things on your own which wasn't as fun because you got lost a-lot. i had a few customers yell at me when i wasnt aware of new items or packaging.

Pros

good people

Cons

no training

Management poor

Bad experience with managers and quit on my own terms. When i had mildly made a rookie mistake, a manager onsite would ridicule me and make me feel really bad about the mistake.

Cons

extremely demanding

productive, fun but stressful

a day at work wasnt too bad, it was usually quite stressful and fast paced but you would still have time to have fun with your team members. the hardest part of the job was packing and taking orders during peak period, however when it calmed down youu felt as though you had accomplished something. it would bbe better if we were allowed more freedom in uniform and roster but overall it was good.

Stressful yet very educational

I'm so glad that i had the opportunity to work at KFC. It taught me many skills such as time management, clear communication and routine. KFC was a great first job.

Its a super good place to get work experiences

Working at KFC isn't too stressful but it isn't too easy either. tTakes a lot of time and effort but overall a good job and good place to work it but the salary isn't really good for the work effort

Productive and busy workplace

KFC is a busy place where you would need to be working hard every shift you get as it is a very popular company making your work harder and more stressful. This is because you would need to be satisfying customers and giving them the best service for them to come back or leave a review about how good the service was when going out to eat. I learnt a lot through the couple of years at this workplace, the main achievement was leading a group of other employees and teaching them how to become better employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I was surrounded with, good, kind and generous workers to be around which made the workplace a better place to want to attend and work every shift.

not a very pleasant place to work

management aren't good at communicating under pressure and end up getting very angry very quickly, some nice people work there but not enough to make up for the way you get treated by customers

great place to work, but not long term.

KFC is a great place to work if you are a student because of its flexible hours and friendly staff who will help you out when you can't work a shift. A typical day at work started with bin duties then cooking and cleaning, sometimes I would have to go and help the front staff with packing orders and handing food to people in the parking lot. Management was hit or miss because they would take forever to order in new uniforms and they almost never replaced missing/broken equipment required to do the job. Overall my experience was good.

Good for students

Easy to get along with people there. Pay rate is low. Work isn't too hard but the only problem is the customers. Many of them will be rude but its as expected

Pros

Discount and co workers

Cons

Rude customers

stressful but fun at times

people are nice, very welcoming and when it gets busy you need to be at a fast pace. it can get stressful and sometimes you get customers that you need to be able to deal with

Fun with music

Sometimes the manager would bring his speaker so we could listen to some music so we weren't as stressed all the time. Usually the other manager wouldn't do the same thing

fast paced environment with good team members.

Welcoming customers in to the store and assisting them with choices on what food they can eat. Cleaning and keeping work stations healthy and to standards.

Pros

Good starting job

very productive

KFC has taught me heaps, from customer service to cleanliness. As a VCE student at the time, I was unable to manage the 3 shifts a week that I was given hence needing to leave, although working there has made a stronger and more kind-hearted.

productive and busy place to work

It is a productive and busy place to work in order to fulfil study life. It includes plenty of opportunities to interact with people, such as coworkers, managers,

Highly stimulating and fun place to work

KFC offers several career pathways and many support networks to help you achieve those goals. Overall shift management is relatively flexible. In training to become a host, the process is slow-paced allowing you to take things in constructively. The overall atmosphere of working at KFC is quite positive and fun making it a great place to make friends and step outside your comfort zone.