KFC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

KFC Employee Reviews in Sydney Western Suburbs NSW

Great place to work learn team building skills..made new friends ,flexibil hours , fast moving career .great employer to work for room for promotion if required .
Really good opportunity for first time employees going into the workforce for the first time and has ways where you have a career progress with kfc or a great staring point in your journey in the workforce
This job allowed me to gain an incredible work ethic, which helped me with my assistance on job sites as a laborer . The hardest part was being as productive as possible as well as being as clean as possible.
Kfc was a nice place to work. Staff were lovely. They give you short hours and there’s no fixed timing but maybe this is cause of my schooling. Managers are all nice and are willing to help you no matter what.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Short hours
Great first job! I worked there for about a year. I would restock supplies. clean foyer and packaged/ assembled orders. great atmosphere and made lots of lifelong friends. I personally adored my managers but sometimes they give a little tough love. all in all great place to work.
very fast paced environment, very busy, limited hours, very little pay recieved an hour, currently looking for a new job as i dont think kfc is meant for me
Like I enjoy the the time of my job which i spend over there with full of energy More over we come to learn about different things such as management
Pros
Healthy environment
Overall the place where I worked barely gave me any formal training but I had help from my other co-workers. You get your fair share of rude customers
Pros
Discounts and THE FOOD
Cons
Long hours and your feet will start to break down
Willing to accept people with little experience (if under 18) very low base pay rate allow for casual employment instead of only part-time. Most young people would prefer the higher hourly rate over having yearly paid leave
I would be in charge of the area I am rostered on for, included a lot of responsibilities to ensure work safety and minimising as many work injuries as possibe.
Pros
big discounts whenever we go in to get food
Cons
very long hours, caused fatigue
a typical day at work, learned to multi-task in different task allocated. the most hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customer, learning to take responsibilities and dealing with it in a respectful manner
Pros
breaks
Cons
Management was useless, us employees got treated poorly on the daily shifted. One manager was good but the rest were a bit rude, highly don't recommend working there, most people that get employed end up leaving or just never showing up.
Pros
Might get let off 5 minutes before shift ends.
Cons
Rude workers
I've been working there for 2 years now and i really enjoy every shifts the reason is because I've spent my time at work making customers satisfied with their meals and working effectively with my team members to enhance our customer service skills and make customer happy with our service. I've improve on my communication skills and working as a team and help each other out enhance my knowledge and skills in the work place.
It was a great place to work. I learned many things and how to converse with customers. Management was lovely. The workplace culture was amazing and the team was friendly.
A typical day at work would start at usually around 2:30 pm and finish at 11:30. I learnt a lot working at KFC. As a shift supervisor I learnt the importance of having a strong management team and how much management can influence a team. The hardest part of the job was the long hours. The most enjoyable was the people and the friends you make along the way.
Pros
free food
Cons
Its really good, people around are helpful. Everything is really managed, shift given are good aswell. The staff are really cooperative. Manager is goodaswell.
typical day - easy once a day peak hour 5-8 learned- customer service cash handling etc mamgagement - easy, flexible, some stricter then others workplace culture - mixed hardest part of job - when you rostered on to close the cleaning up part other then that everything is pretty basic. most enjoyable part - knowing your working with a great bunch of people, and drive through being on headset.
Pros
free food, work flexible hours
Cons
not enough money for the shifts
Great place to work in with high standards and easy to communicate with management. People are easy going and friends you will make, will turn out to be life long.
The store I worked at was in a foodcourt so extremely busy, it was alright at first, until my training ended after only 2 days, then I got my first shift and was left all alone not knowing anything. My co-workers were harsh and blamed the new workers for taking their shifts so no one got along. The assistant manager is extremely young and got angry so easily (esp at customers), the manager was constantly angry and screaming at everyone so the environment was pretty horrible. Manager and assistant manager would constantly contradict each other so we were always confused. The pay was confusing, I didn't get paid for 4 shifts when I started then they didn't pay me for 2 shifts, I really got angry because the manager kept telling me she "forgot" and had to wait till the week after. Everyday was like preparing yourself for war, after the first wave, you go back, restock, until the second wave of customers. You're always on your feet, with something to do. I enjoyed nice customers, the few co-workers who were helpful and ofc the pay rate is not bad at all, much higher than working at a cafe.
Pros
pay rate, experience in fast paced environment
Cons
sweaty, co-workers, management
  1. Sydney Western Suburbs NSW