Karara Mining
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Karara Mining Employee Reviews

Short term contract only - mentor and coach a diverse team of contractor HSE Advisor during an expansion program. Good team environment - inclusive with other personnel on site.
The Job is for shutdown.the management is awsone. Awsone supervisors and Awsome work crews with excellent team work. Safety is the number one priority and everyone is looked after.
good bunch of guys to work with, management needs to be sorted out as safety issues were not resolved as it should, and treatment of personnel lacking personnel skills. camp is ok.
Great guidance by experienced operators always willing to help when needed and give constructive criticism in order to help others grow to their full potential. Staff were friendly and helpful, big emphasis on health and safety with a committed approach.
Pros
cooked meals and friendly co-workers
Cons
long days
Sample blast drill holes, data entry, lab sample drop offs. Learnt all facets of open cut iron ore and magnetite mining.
Pros
Fifo, great camp facilities
Cons
Away from family in Queensland
Karara Mining Environmental technician had a weekly schedule in place, but a typical morning would start off with a pre-start to discuss safety issues from the day before, and identify with the jobs schedule for the day identifying any potential hazards-(such as e.g. remote travel) Any forms such as journey management or JHA would be assess and completed by Supervisor. Most days our travel would be over 100klm runs to do monitoring of bores, dust monitoring, picking up stores--- Often most mornings there would be a call out, to do animal rescue, water sampling of RO plant, checking of feral traps would be first on the list. All scheduled activities would require management plan, and discussion with Co-workers would be involved, so everyone knew where each tech would be doing field work, the work would be divided up between the Techs Weekly - meetings, environmental presentations with contractor with the topic of the month (e.g.) Flora and fauna All monitoring would require data entering at end of day, so that information would be current and entered on Incontrol-INX system I worked four years with Karara mining-- every part of the technician work was the best ever job, just loved it enjoyed all the challenges presented to me often we would be called onto do extra hours, as in animal rescue, this was still worth to know an animal was made safe. The hardest part of the job was having to finish my employment, in many other of my previous jobs as in construction, time comes to finalise the job you have been doing which you are conditioned to do,; Karara - more...
Pros
working with flora and fauna
Cons
too hard to think of any negatives, dont think there was any
Great employers and co-workers happy atmosphere, hard working bunch. great facilities such as swimming pool, and gym hardest part was the heat most enjoyable was after a hard days work the co-worker meet for dinner and relaxation.
Pros
free travel, sleep, food
Cons
heat
At the moment in time my day starts at 0600 with a pre-start meeting and maintenance feed back and breakdowns reported from previous night. The breakdowns are then assigned and l get on with it, upon finishing l get another breakdown and at the moment l work the whole day like this. l have learnt that it helps to do proper commissioning of plant equipment.My co-workers are very helpful and co-operative. The hardest part of the job is when no one listens when you say something mechanical which will prevent a breakdown and then the breakdown eventually happens! The other thing is running the plant without putting engineering aspect into consideration e.g. stopping to do essential checks or shutting down to do preventative maintenance. Learning new equipment is a big bonus.
Overall good 9 months spent here. I came into a mess to fix but that is why they bought me here, to troubleshoot the materials control out of trouble.I achieved that.
Managing the SMP electrical contractors to complete the E&I construction at the Geraldton Port
Pros
home every night
Cons
11hrs/day
Purchasing and Accounts Payable are the main functions of this role. The facilites team is a good team to be part of, with very good mananagement rolesI find the travel to and from work to be a distraction as it is 200km per day, which takes the time away from the desk to tasks.I have learnt that is is paramount to be part of a good team.
Pros
good superintendent and manager
Cons
travelling over 200km per day to and from work